1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

I may only buy one instead of my initially projected 7.

No I was never planning on 7 but I guess it wouldn't surprise people if I was serious there :D I had thought maybe 2 and maybe I still will come the time but right now when my mind is on cutting back I think I could live with just one. Give his jacket and Cyberdyne gear to another figure and set him up for the chip removal scene.

Unfortunately I think I may have to scratch this guy off the list.:( Just too many awesome figures coming out at once and not enough cash.

There are alot of cool figures coming out and its easy to get carryed away with trying to get them all. I will be cutting down myself and sticking only to high priority figures, terminator is always on the top of that list for me. I find that it is nearly impossible to resist an arnold figure for some reason, especially from hot toys. I would love to see a john matrix from commando and conan of course. I think its also about time for hot toys to release a arnold body true type aswell cause that is well overdue, companys like kaustic plastic are smart by catering to that market and I will pick them up, but I would prefer a hot toys version myself. I'm getting abit off topic here so I'm gunna just stop right now:monkey3

Yeah, way too much stuff coming out. If they improve the head sculpt I'll pick that up, probably the bandolier....

Yeah, the back of his head is a real eyesore. :( Not really a deal-breaker, just... eh. I guess it's the disadvantage to it having PERS.

Picture2.png

imo i think the enterbay hs is better

That's a prototype/sample...the spare hands don't even have peg holes in them.

Picture9.png

I'm sure the production version of the figure will be more refined.

^Thats what I'm counting on, Even if the head sculpt don't get revised I'm sure the fit and finish of that seem will. I'm hoping that this figure will surpass mms117 by the time its released, cause at minimum thats what it should be able to do being this was a strike at enterbays 1/4 terminator.

That's a prototype/sample...the spare hands don't even have peg holes in them.

I'm sure the production version of the figure will be more refined.

I'm sure it will all be fixed in the production piece. Didn't 89 batman's seam on the back of his head looked bad in pics like these but then when it came out, the seam is really close to the head?

imo i think the enterbay hs is better

...it's also 1/4 scale. And around twice the price.

Alot of people compare 1:4 to 1:6 for some reason, and if you do than cool, but be fair. Enterbays 1:4 terminator is out now for a few months and your comparing it to prototype pics of an unfinished product. Also for half the price you get the same leather outfit, moving eyes, chip removal feature, a minigun, lightup display base, tote bag, gloved and ungloved hands and so on. Enterbay figure is nice and I'm not trying to knock it but it has its own issues aswell, like skin tone that don't match, sleepy eyes, bowlbus hair cut, one leg longer than the other, and a loose arm that can't hold out the shotgun.

Then some people compare it to the mms117 thats 2-3 years older and that version has a better looking body with matching skintones that are required for the endo arm reveal, better haircut, black and grey shirt, and most of the same accessoires minus the chip, bullets, and was 150.00 when released. Thats 250.00 less half the size and aside from the bullets fiting in the clips does not have anything better paint or sculpt wise that really takes advandage of the larger scale.
Sorry for the rant, and this is only my opinion as others are entitle to there own.

Yeah, the back of his head is a real eyesore. :( Not really a deal-breaker, just... eh. I guess it's the disadvantage to it having PERS.

Picture2.png

The ugly mug is what they need to fix for me..

I'm sure it will all be fixed in the production piece. Didn't 89 batman's seam on the back of his head looked bad in pics like these but then when it came out, the seam is really close to the head?

Depends on who you ask. Some people have messed up panels. Not mine. :)

Alot of people compare 1:4 to 1:6 for some reason, and if you do than cool, but be fair. Enterbays 1:4 terminator is out now for a few months and your comparing it to prototype pics of an unfinished product. Also for half the price you get the same leather outfit, moving eyes, chip removal feature, a minigun, lightup display base, tote bag, gloved and ungloved hands and so on. Enterbay figure is nice and I'm not trying to knock it but it has its own issues aswell, like skin tone that don't match, sleepy eyes, bowlbus hair cut, one leg longer than the other, and a loose arm that can't hold out the shotgun.

Then some people compare it to the mms117 thats 2-3 years older and that version has a better looking body with matching skintones that are required for the endo arm reveal, better haircut, black and grey shirt, and most of the same accessoires minus the chip, bullets, and was 150.00 when released. Thats 250.00 less half the size and aside from the bullets fiting in the clips does not have anything better paint or sculpt wise that really takes advandage of the larger scale.
Sorry for the rant, and this is only my opinion as others are entitle to there own.

No, you have a point. I think EB's is mind blowing and a fantastic Terminator collectible but the likeness definitely has it's own issues. People act like it's an exact life cast replica or something..

^Yes it is a great piece, Its one of the first 1:4 pieces that I concidered getting, and people are intitled to like it better if thats there opinion, but to continue to come on 1:6 threads and say its better is abit annoying. Its like going on the neca threads and saying hot toys version is better. I'm not saying they are trying to be rude but lets try and be reasonable when comparing things.

^Yep, that's the pecking order. Statue lovers hate on Hot Toys lovers and Hot Toys lovers hate on Neca lovers. Silly,really.

No, you have a point. I think EB's is mind blowing and a fantastic Terminator collectible but the likeness definitely has it's own issues. People act like it's an exact life cast replica or something..

I think its perfect from low angles. Not quite as perfect when looking down on it or from the sides.

This picture demonstrates my problem with his hair, I need say no more:
Kathryn_Janeway.jpg

His jaw is too straight up to his ear in the profile because of their decision to go with a seperate head and neck - totally unnecessary IMO as it has zero gain. It negatively impacts on the realism too.

His eyes are maybe too deep-set in the head and the pinkish paint around them makes it look like he's been rubbing his eyes.

Other than those things its a stunner. The HT sculpt does things right that the EB does wrong but on the other hand its most significant flaws to me, the squashed face and the pinhead look, are corrected by the Enterbay.

Overall I wouldn't be without either. These figures are certainly a far cry from the Kenner ones we had to tolerate when the film came out.

^Yes it is a great piece, Its one of the first 1:4 pieces that I concidered getting, and people are intitled to like it better if thats there opinion, but to continue to come on 1:6 threads and say its better is abit annoying. Its like going on the neca threads and saying hot toys version is better. I'm not saying they are trying to be rude but lets try and be reasonable when comparing things.

$h!t, I was typing my post when you posted this. Sorry for dragging out the Enterbay talk further since you don't want it here :monkey3

I think its perfect from low angles. Not quite as perfect when looking down on it or from the sides.

Kathryn_Janeway.jpg

His jaw is too straight up to his ear in the profile because of their decision to go with a seperate head and neck - totally unnecessary IMO as it has zero gain. It negatively impacts on the realism too.

His eyes are maybe too deep-set in the head and the pinkish paint around them makes it look like he's been rubbing his eyes.

Other than those things its a stunner. The HT sculpt does things right that the EB does wrong but on the other hand its most significant flaws to me, the squashed face and the pinhead look, are corrected by the Enterbay.

Overall I wouldn't be without either. These figures are certainly a far cry from the Kenner ones we had to tolerate when the film came out.

That's my biggest complaint about the figure, even though I don't own it. It makes him look like he's ill or something, though Im sure its more noticeable in photos than in-hand.

Kathryn_Janeway.jpg

Good points, The funniest to be is the fact that I just bought the 12" kenner terminator 3D figure off ebay:lol I had it when I was a teen and just wanted to add it the the collection for nostalgia. I got it new in the box for 20 bucks, It is due to arrive anyday now and I was thinking of starting a vintage terminator toy thread when it arrived, where people could post pics and discuss the stuff.

:lol Or the Sideshow figures.

I wish someone would do a 1/6 custom and smash it out of the park. His likeness must be a tough one to nail. I mean, you look at the Depp sculpts and they look damn good

:lol Or the Sideshow figures.

I wish someone would do a 1/6 custom and smash it out of the park. His likeness must be a tough one to nail. I mean, you look at the Depp sculpts and they look damn good

The one time his likeness was nailed imo was hot toys t1 tech noir. That is arnie all the way.

Back