1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

:lol I don't think my obsessiveness for Terminator toys helps sell HT

You are wrong on 2 counts here.

1. YOU help sell Terminator figures by buying so many
2. Looking at that diorama of yours with so many Arnies in various poses makes me want to have at least 3-4 myself (if I could afford them, that is :D)

You are wrong on 2 counts here.

1. YOU help sell Terminator figures by buying so many
2. Looking at that diorama of yours with so many Arnies in various poses makes me want to have at least 3-4 myself (if I could afford them, that is :D)

You know he raises a good point here. Not just for this figure but for a lot of members who post pics here showing off their purchases. It's good free advertising for HT and others that either belong here and see the pics which could motivate them to now buy one or for others who stumble on here and also see the pics. If you search for pics through Google just say on a particular figure or character, a lot of the links that pop up point back to here. So in theory it's good for business to have people show in hand pics here which raises the awareness to others and motivates them to purchase one. It's always nice to see the products in a real persons hands and not a promo shot. I say these companies should all give us a discount for posting here. :)

we need a battle damage

After I receive the 89 Joker the next item I am interested in is the Returns Penguin. With only having the license announcement and probably / hopefully see prototype at SDCC, I am assuming it will be over a year until the Penguin is in-hand.
One full year is a long time to wait for my next HT figure. I was originally going to fill this gap with Predators Noland but I might decide to purchase this DX instead. I still hesitate because I already own T1 T-800 to capture the “TERMINATOR” essence in my collection. I did not think I need another one. But if I pull the trigger between Joker and Penguin I think the T2-800 DX is 100% iconic. Noland is not!!!

Plus I have my 4 Detolf raised about 24 inched above the ground on custom base I made. Finding figures to go on the top shelf is difficult. Placing this figure up there might successfully replicate the Cyberdyne scene as many of the camera angles (if I remember) are down looking up. :lecture

dx10 >>>>> noland by a long shot, so good choice but not a hard one:wink1: still can't wait to get this myself, I wonder what the box will look like.

Definitely a good choice. I'm not at all biased there. But seriously yeah, plus the T1 Tech Noir and T2 T-800 look very different. It might be a different story if you were talking about a T1 police shootout figure and having the T2 one aswell as both would have leather jackets, short hair and sunglasses.

I am cutting down big time on my collection from here on out myself, BIG live changing event for me has come up. A great one though, I;m gunna be a dad:fireworks so I cleared most of my preorders but the dx10 is still on my list. I will still pick up hot toys here and there but not at the rate I was going. My collection is as it stands now is great and fairly complete so all is good:)

Wow congrats. Did you just learn that since your last post??

Wow congrats. Did you just learn that since your last post??

Thanks dude:1-1:, :rotfl No a couple of days ago:lol super excited still though, Me and the wife had been looking to start a family for the past couple of years so its welcome news.

And here I thought we'd be the first group of people you'd want to tell this news. Wheres your priorities man?! Dudes on the internet > close family and friends! :lol :wink1:

Anyway yeah congrats.

im cutting back on hot toys, for the prices, i cant justify buying plastic figures which look fragile to me, i bought a second iron man mark 4 just to play with, and was happy with the quality, i have so far only batman, terminator ,predator and iron man series. i bought a second chris reeves for playing wiht, and was completely overwhelmed, though the head sculpt is great and costume looks good,couldnt help but feel that spending 200$ on hot toys is a bit over the top, ill restrict myself to the terminator , iron man , predator and dark knight series as i would like to complete them, but will be avoiding new licesnes from now on, would like to focus now more on sideshow premium formats

And here I thought we'd be the first group of people you'd want to tell this news. Wheres your priorities man?! Dudes on the internet > close family and friends! :lol :wink1:

Anyway yeah congrats.

:rotfl Yeah your right I should have posted here first, what was I thinking:lol

im cutting back on hot toys, for the prices, i cant justify buying plastic figures which look fragile to me, i bought a second iron man mark 4 just to play with, and was happy with the quality, i have so far only batman, terminator ,predator and iron man series. i bought a second chris reeves for playing wiht, and was completely overwhelmed, though the head sculpt is great and costume looks good,couldnt help but feel that spending 200$ on hot toys is a bit over the top, ill restrict myself to the terminator , iron man , predator and dark knight series as i would like to complete them, but will be avoiding new licesnes from now on, would like to focus now more on sideshow premium formats

Hot toys are more a collectible that a toy, but in the end they are really expencsive toys. There cool to pose and put on a shelf but not so much really playing with(though it would be fun I'm sure) the ironman figures would be some of the most delicate due to the design but also things like endos are pretty fragile as well. 200+ for a play thing is a bit much, better to stick with gijoe for rough play:wink1:

There were a few pictures of this figure showing the side view and the split in the head...can anyone re-post them or send the link to the page.
I think they were from Plastic Enemies.

As I recently learned you're best to link to an individual post as his page settings might be different. However you certainly did the hard work.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4362470&postcount=1310

Looking at those shots again, it really struck me how the existence of the COOmodels set badly dampened what would otherwise have been huge excitement over this figure. If we had had no previous way of putting together the Cyberdyne look this figure would have been a joy to behold. It actually makes sense for HT to have it in their official catalogue of Terminator figures. I doubt all of this could have been included with the BD figure considering everything else we're hoping to get on that one.

Last edited:

I for one am excited and welcome this release, there is more than just the cyberdine look here, the chip removal gimmic is very cool too. I don't see why any terminator fan would not want this in there collection. I know everyone wants bd but i'm sure its coming along with an endo.

I'm definitely looking forward to the chip removal bit and the PERS eyes if it ends up looking alright, no eyeliner etc.

As I recently learned you're best to link to an individual post as his page settings might be different. However you certainly did the hard work.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4362470&postcount=1310

Looking at those shots again, it really struck me how the existence of the COOmodels set badly dampened what would otherwise have been huge excitement over this figure. If we had had no previous way of putting together the Cyberdyne look this figure would have been a joy to behold. It actually makes sense for HT to have it in their official catalogue of Terminator figures. I doubt all of this could have been included with the BD figure considering everything else we're hoping to get on that one.

You are soo right about the coomodel stuff. I think I would have been pumped about this if not for those pieces. And you right about the BD figure too. I mean, the BD figure is going to be massive release all on it's own without the mini gun etc. Think of everything that's going to be in that box.

I thnk this guy may get the chopping block from my preorders when the time comes....no reason it's not a battle damaged version and DX

Back