1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

I think if the sunglasses didn't look ridiculous on his head, it could maybe persuade me to make a change for the extra accessories. . .but otherwise, I will stick with what I have, which is a figure that looks great with the glasses on (as I will display him) anyway.

The sunglasses to look ridiculous on this figure. They need to be bigger. Another oportunity they missed out on to improve something.

I'll probably get this when it saturates the secondary market and prices drop a bit. Some pics of it look really bad, others look alright.

I can easily see myself picking one up for $180 or less, new, MIB, when everyone has had their fill and it becomes yesterdays news.

Unless you don't have an Arnold Terminator in your collection or you can't wait to throw down some moola, I don't see why anyone would pre-order this thing. I can't think of a single, recent Hot Toys release that has sold out. It ain't 2008 no more.

I see no reason to PO anything anymore. Wait it out and you'll probably get a better deal anyway.

This figure makes me almost as angry as Indiana Jones, in the sense that it's a wasted opportunity.

Like I said before if your gonna do a figure of a lot of rehashed parts the result better be mind blowing.

@ a-dev How many Sarah Connors do you have? If you have more than one(which I'm sure you do) are you gonna display one taking out the chip from the missing scalp? That would be an interesting dio.

The sunglasses to look ridiculous on this figure. They need to be bigger. Another oportunity they missed out on to improve something.

How hard is that? I'd bet they just re-use MMS117's shades. :gah:

How hard is that? I'd bet they just re-use MMS117's shades. :gah:

Not that I am defending HT or anything because I understand the complaints. However I think the main purpose of this figure is to represent him after the sunglasses look and black T-Shirt so they probably aren't too concerned about making these accessories better. I think the shades and what have you are just throw in extras to be honest. I personally don't care if the shades don't look right because for this figure, I won't be using them. If they meant this to be just a re-issue then I would think they would have included all of the original accessories from the first one with this one too so you can go either or. :dunno

Last edited:

I know, it doesn't fit the figure. :)
All I ask is to not neglect and do things properly, especially for an accessory design for the most important part of the figure (head). Like TheFiend said, they have the opportunity to fix it... :(
Moreover, i think this is a valuable extra for collectors who missed the MMS and many of us want a better representation of the T-800 with his shades.
Until release, they could possibly improve the whole thing, include a black tee-shirt etc.

I know, it doesn't fit the figure. :)
All I ask is to not neglect and do things properly, especially for an accessory design for the most important part of the figure (head). Like TheFiend said, they have the opportunity to fix it... :(
Moreover, i think this is a valuable extra for collectors who missed the MMS and many of us want a better representation of the T-800 with his shades.
Until release, they could possibly improve the whole thing, include a black tee-shirt etc.

:goodpost: I agree, this is a very nice figure and they really should do it right, Its there chance to strike back at enterbay and they should not leave the little details fall off to the wayside, I mean why leave reasons for people to complain about when they can be fixed so easly.

^ Exactly ! :hi5:

:goodpost: I agree, this is a very nice figure and they really should do it right, Its there chance to strike back at enterbay and they should not leave the little details fall off to the wayside, I mean why leave reasons for people to complain about when they can be fixed so easly.

Agreed... except I can careless about them competing with Enterbay. They should always try to bring the best quality to the table for their customers. Not because they want to strike back at another company. Doing that can actually cause them to rush things to keep up with someone else and in the end hurt the results instead of helping.

Agreed... except I can careless about them competing with Enterbay. They should always try to bring the best quality to the table for their customers. Not because they want to strike back at another company. Doing that can actually cause them to rush things to keep up with someone else and in the end hurt the results instead of helping.

True, I don't care about them competeing, although that usually means the customer wins. They really do have a passion in what they do as they would not have come as far as they did, I just hope they don't lose that passion by growing to big to care. They are my favorate company by far and I wish them great success, Just make my terminator dolly right:lol

@ a-dev How many Sarah Connors do you have? If you have more than one(which I'm sure you do) are you gonna display one taking out the chip from the missing scalp? That would be an interesting dio.

OK, I was asked. :monkey3 I bought 3 T-1000 sarahs and 1 ponytail version and then I have 2 extra ponytail sculpts and 1 extra long-haired sculpt. One each of the headsculpts are for future variants and are currently unused. The Sarah figures I currently have are Steel Mill Sarah shooting into the back of T-1000 disguised as Sarah, Cyberdyne with the trenchcoat, Enrique's camp or 'No Fate' Sarah, and Pescadero Sarah so thats 5. The latter I will indeed use in a chip-removal scene albeit without an actual garage dio or John Connor. Since I only have the one Pescadero custom though I'll alternate with her - she won't always be operating on T-800s head.

I'd like to see your terminator display a-dev, do you have a show your shelfs thread?

I'd like to see your terminator display a-dev, do you have a show your shelfs thread?

I don't, I've been so obsessively buying the figures themselves that I'm totally neglecting a means to display them properly. At the moment I just have 2 ill-suited bookshelf units, only the top and bottom shelves of which have a tall enough space for a 1/6 figure standing at full height. With the rest of the shelves I'm forced to display short figures or figures with wide-leg stances. So basically stuff can only go where it fits and theres no proper order or aesthetic to it. This is why any time I've posted pics its usually groupings set up on the open floor or on the kitchen chairs!

This will change one day though and thats gonna be a great day when it happens.

I don't, I've been so obsessively buying the figures themselves that I'm totally neglecting a means to display them properly. At the moment I just have 2 ill-suited bookshelf units, only the top and bottom shelves of which have a tall enough space for a 1/6 figure standing at full height. With the rest of the shelves I'm forced to display short figures or figures with wide-leg stances. So basically stuff can only go where it fits and theres no proper order or aesthetic to it. This is why any time I've posted pics its usually groupings set up on the open floor or on the kitchen chairs!

I've been there:1-1: And I gotta say that when displayed well they look so much more impressive. I have been running low on space lately myself, I have one large display cabinet in the livingroom and a few shelfs in the bedroom, But The cabinet has been getting crowded so I just picked up some collector cases today and they works great, they are 13"x5.5" so not great for dynamic poses but great to save space and keep things dust free. I picked them up at a local craft store for 15 bucks each, well worth it for the $100.00+ figures.

Those look good. They wouldn't help me at the minute as I'd still need new shelves to put them on but, if I can find such things they'd be an option once I do have new shelves...unless I get doored-cabinets or detolfs.

Yeah, they don't take the place of display cabinets if you have a large collection. These look nice on a shelf or to showcase a single figure. They have other sizes to, there one thats like 15" or 17" tall that I want to get for larger figures like predators. There a great low cost option to display figures when space is an issue.

I like those pics, they're funny. It literally looks like an Arnie convention. Like they're all walking around, talking and catching up on lost time. :lol I dunno.. maybe it's just me and my funny imagination.

Which raises my next question, how many T-800's do you have? :lol

Looks like I have about 15 encompassing T1 and T2. Now that doesn't mean I bought 15 T-800s - a lot of that is kitbashes from parts that I bought or already had and 2 of them are customs using Neca headsculpts (my CREGcustoms BD and my permanent bike-rider figure).

^ Nice. I would have no problem owning 15 T-800's. I have 3 and have parts for a 4th plus I'm thinking of getting this.

You should do another photo shot oneday with all your diffrent Arnies.

Looks like I have about 15 encompassing T1 and T2. Now that doesn't mean I bought 15 T-800s - a lot of that is kitbashes from parts that I bought or already had and 2 of them are customs using Neca headsculpts (my CREGcustoms BD and my permanent bike-rider figure).

Hot Toys should send you a DX for free. You know, like the "buy 10, get one for free" deal. You surely deserve one, at least from the Terminator franchise :)

Hot Toys should send you a DX for free. You know, like the "buy 10, get one for free" deal. You surely deserve one, at least from the Terminator franchise :)

:lol I don't think my obsessiveness for Terminator toys helps sell HT stuff like OMG's photos but hey if anyone wants to put in word for me I'll gladly sign up for free figures....

Back