1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

If the headsculpt turns out better in the final production piece and people that have it in hand can convince me that it doesn't look goofy and they give us a cooler base and more things, I'll consider it.

If what we see is what we get, easy pass. I'll pick up the gloved hands, Bandolier, M79, ammo bag and the mini gun cheap when they're inevitably parted out . . .

OR

Wait for this at a discounted price, like $150 (which is possible if you look at the T1 T-800, Reeve Superman and Captain Jack Sparrow) and buy the entire thing. No way am I going to support Hot Toys or a Hot Toys carrier by paying the full $230 price. Unless the final product is outstanding and they give us more and better stuff, I can't justify it.

I hate to say it, but Hot Toys?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkY2nCf2xU[/ame]

...with this DX.

Ill wait for version 3, battle damaged superior version. /sarcasm
Why didnt they just release a weapons pack or something? its the exact same figure basically. what a waste. And you know they will release another version someday, and possibly another after that. Not the company I want to buy my collectibles from anymore.

I'm hoping they at least fix the headsculpt and the teargas launcher would be a nice addition but I will buy it, yeah. I'm probably one of the few people who will use the open-scalp feature and I think if they rectify the PERS (certainly the eyes seem too dark or something) I might find that very useful. Arnie works with his eyes as the T-800, PERS is warranted for that..its just the execution that worries.

Doesn't he only use the teargas launcher after he's damaged? If so (and its been years since watching T2, I admit) it would be more appropriate to save this for the BD version.

I understand them waiting to give the BD his own figure, but hopefully they won't wait long to announce that.

So looking forward to this, I seen it this morning right before going to work, came home for lunch just to see the pic's again and just got home now to find out enterbay is teasing there battle damaged version. What a day for terminator fans:panic:. This is a definate buy for me even thought I have the first release version. I will say I was not expecting this version as its the easiest to bash, would have expected a battle damaged version and I really want a new t-800 endo, but this will at least bring terminator line back to the front line and other releases could soon follow. I know some people are not happy with this version choice by hot toys and I too would have picked a differant route myself but I think this is hot toys anwser to enterbay and as this two battle it out there will be more releases as one trys to top the other, in that case we all win:yess: I will take an arnie anyday and the dx treatment is all the better:)

Doesn't he only use the teargas launcher after he's damaged? If so (and its been years since watching T2, I admit) it would be more appropriate to save this for the BD version.

I understand them waiting to give the BD his own figure, but hopefully they won't wait long to announce that.

You are correct sir. It could yet come with the actual BD figure but I just have a feeling it won't and that this figure would be its best likelihood. We'll see.

Wait for this at a discounted price, like $150 (which is possible if you look at the T1 T-800, Reeve Superman and Captain Jack Sparrow) and buy the entire thing. No way am I going to support Hot Toys or a Hot Toys carrier by paying the full $230 price. Unless the final product is outstanding and they give us more and better stuff, I can't justify it.

Agreed. Good plan.

Ill wait for version 3, battle damaged superior version. /sarcasm
Why didnt they just release a weapons pack or something? its the exact same figure basically. what a waste. And you know they will release another version someday, and possibly another after that. Not the company I want to buy my collectibles from anymore.

:exactly: I'm right there with ya!

Words cannot say how amazing that is

A-dev you changed to avatar, I almost did'nt reconize you:panic: I like it better thought:hi5:

OK, saw this last night from my email from HT. But the board was down at the time (and this morning) so I've been curious all day to see what the reaction was. Can't say I'm surprised. A HT thread without whining is never going to happen :lol

To me, this is a typical HT move. They rereleased a lot of figures lately that have had high secondary market values. They see that and realize many fans still want and need these figures. So they take another crack at it. This is the result. An updated T-800. They gave him a few new, and highly demanded accessories based on the countless customs here (again, you only have yourselves to blame there) and of course PERS.

DX has always meant, and ONLY meant PERS is included. Nothing more, nothing less. Only because HT has gone all out with some DX figures, people seem to think they need the kitchen sink thrown in with every figure. He's not priced to have everything thrown in. HT knows they can release this one, we'll buy it, and they can make another BD one later. They're not stupid. The longer they stretch this license out, the more they'll make off of us.

Should HT have released a BD one instead, or included the parts for one here? You bet! But that wasn't the point here. It was to get the T-800 back out there and kill those ebay prices. People here thought $300 for the T2 figure last week as a steal. Here it is for $70 less and comes with more (minus the rose box and Endo arm and black t-shirt, all of which could be found without much difficulty).

The funny thing is, people wanted HT to do something besides another Iron Man/Batman product. They did it. And what do they get in return? Nothing but whining and other crap from us. That isn't sending them a good message. Sure they'll realized they f'd up, but will they get its because of what version of the T-800 they released instead of it just being a T-800. If this tanks, they might not see the demand for a BD version in the future. If something doesn't sell for HT, they don't typically think its because they did the wrong version. They think they made the wrong character.

We can only hope Enterbay's 1/4 BD T-800 slaps them on the side of the face and wakes them up to the fact that is what we want. The Enterbay vs HT fight has been good to us in the past. HT killed Enterbay's Godfather and Bruce Lees. Lets hope they terminate their Terminators as well.

I fully expect a rescult on this. Nobody is really happy with it, which is surprising since it looks so much like the original, which people seemed gaga for. I never liked it personally. It looked too old for T2 Arnold. This is much better IMO, but still needs work. I see Arnold in the one shot of the eyes looking to our right (his left). But only that one shot. The base is in line with the DX bases IMO. Batman figures have had the similar (boring and stupid) stand while others have had more diorama-ish stand. I'd much prefer a broken window stand dio to this, but the redesigned base isn't unheard of for a DX. The light up base fits the them better than the Batman one would have at least. But hopefully HT does a massive rehaul on this figure. They did include a full Ripley figure with the Powerloader in the past without bumping up the price, maybe they will be that kind here as well and include some more needed items (partial BD head and shirt/jacket would be great).

is any body here would buy this figure & display him in a detachable scalp???

Well since this is the cyberdyne and he uses that weapon only at Cyberdyne then it wouldn't really fit as well with the steel mill BD version IMO

You are correct sir. It could yet come with the actual BD figure but I just have a feeling it won't and that this figure would be its best likelihood. We'll see.

BD Cyberdyne or BD Steel Mill? cos i think this figure should include BD Cyberdyne parts and MM1 Launcher and save the rest for the Steel Mill BD

Aslo why no pics with the sunglasses on, i get they are showcasing the PERs, but not one pic? :cuckoo:

54 pages in under 9 hours!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Sheeeeeet

While a BD head would have been awesome, I don't think there's any doubt this head sculpt is superior to V1. It's still not all the way there yet (something is off) but it's still way better than the original. I guess people don't really care about the "real" leather jacket or the supposedly improved body. The rehashed accessories and base are a disappointment. I like the new accessories, just wish there were more. Not sure whether to get this or not.

A-dev you changed to avatar, I almost did'nt reconize you:panic: I like it better thought:hi5:

I don't recognise myself either, I keep going past my posts. I like them though, thanks! Greygoose hooked me up.

I don't know. I think I like the V1 head better. It doesn't have pers, so that's a big plus.

They did include a full Ripley figure with the Powerloader in the past without bumping up the price, maybe they will be that kind here

I think those days are long gone....

BUT I do expect them to include a Batman (of some kind) with the Batmobile... they just won't say anything yet because they don't want people to cancel their Bats now.

But adding significantly to this T2 offering, I just don't see it. Not a full new head or distressed clothing. Maybe something small like the pellet gun or a corrected ammo belt.

Back