1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Don't know who I feel about this. Guess I'll just pick up the guns and stuff off eBay once it's released.

Don't know who I feel about this. Guess I'll just pick up the guns and stuff off eBay once it's released.

Don't touch or feel any of us.

:monkey4

:lol

Yep, right there with you.

You know, I'm kind of glad Hot Toys didn't tease or hype this up. It sort of just came out of nowhere. If they had given us a teaser, I don't know, something like this,

557753_10150630108782344_58690437343_9397061_148043045_n-1.jpg

I would have been so pumped and excited. Hot Toys certainly knows how to photograph Terminator surgery. Of course, then I would be disappointed once we got this full reveal. I might not have even been mad if it was an actual improvement over the first version, especially in the sculpt department. Too bad it's not.

Back in the day, I sort of always expected them to make a another clean version, a Cyberdyne figure before the Battle Damaged figure. I don't know if Maulfan remembers but I recall stating how much I was sort of "eh" about the original versions sculpt and how I might wait to see if a better, DX version would come along. He said something like the chance of a new second head would never happen. Looks like we were both wrong. While it was a DX, it certainly wasn't an improvement. :lol

I know you and I shared the same opinion about the MMS 117 T-800, but the headsculpt, while far from perfect, certainly did grow on me since the original spec/pics. I know we discussed production variations and it certainly seems like this DX one is suffering from a thin neck.

Well, my logic 2 years ago was that I didn't see them doing this back then as it would affect MMS117 sales, at this point that is moot, they're long sold out, you can rehash and it will sell, and now Enterbay's pissed then off. If the Enterbay figure came out in 2010 I totally would have seen this coming. HT is so predictable in their behavior with EB.

High probability that I will be picking this figure up. This route is cheaper versus purchase the current T2 800 used + Gun.

I might not have even been mad if it was an actual improvement over the first version, especially in the sculpt department. Too bad it's not.

As regards the headsculpt and the head/body proportions I feel much the same way that Void feels about the Batman/Bruce Wayne - missed opportunity. They obviously thought the old was good enough (ala the Bat-cowl), and didn't require change but well, I disagree - especially in light of the EB-800.

Just a refresher.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o6CH4fBFo0&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

And blatant about it. If there was ever any doubt surely its gone with the ''real leather jacket'' boast.

It gave me a good chuckle when I read that part of the description.

And blatant about it. If there was ever any doubt surely its gone with the ''real leather jacket'' boast.

So true. It's like an arms race but with collectible figures.

I am shocked at all the releases today, its really terminator overload:panic: and I'm loving every minute of it:inlove I really am amp'ed about all this right now but also confused and scared for my wallet:monkey2 I'm all in for this release as the first one is still one of my favorates. As for all the 1/4 scale stuff i'm not sure yet, all are teasers so far so to soon to tell and I'm into 1:6 all the way. I'm thinking I will get the hot toys t1 1:4, and the enterbay metal endo and break my 1:4 scale cherry. Terminator is my fav license and I really think I need some time to soak this all in:blissy

Why no pics with the glasses on?

I actually really like the scalp flap and chip, but it's kinda useless without a pescadero escape Sarah Connor with leather jacket.

Now that would be a good version for them to do, with detonics pistol, jacket, nightsick, broken mop stick :pray:

and bonus face-licking weirdo figure.

I am shocked at all the releases today, its really terminator overload:panic: and I'm loving every minute of it:inlove I really am amp'ed about all this right now but also confused and scared for my wallet:monkey2 I'm all in for this release as the first one is still one of my favorates. As for all the 1/4 scale stuff i'm not sure yet, all are teasers so far so to soon to tell and I'm into 1:6 all the way. I'm thinking I will get the hot toys t1 1:4, and the enterbay metal endo and break my 1:4 scale cherry. Terminator is my fav license and I really think I need some time to soak this all in:blissy

Now you can not feel so bad that you sold be your Busted T2 Ahhhhhhhhnuld . Now you can get another cheap , :lol

Absolutely, and pushing a revised body. The marketing of this DX is focused on EB. What'd people say was better on EB, the leather, the body shape and size and the portrait and those are focal points here, all fails too.

Why no pics with the glasses on?

I actually really like the scalp flap and chip, but it's kinda useless without a pescadero escape Sarah Connor with leather jacket.

Now that would be a good version for them to do, with detonics pistol, jacket, nightsick, broken mop stick :pray:

They want to highlight the feature that is almost completely obsolete with this character. :slap

When recording artists sign a record deal, its for X amount of years, which must include a certain number of albums.

For example a 10 year contract and 5 album deal. Some artists that don't really wanna re-sign, and are too lazy to pump out album 5. In order to save the good material for their next record company, they usually just strike a deal.

We'll give you these 2-3 songs that didn't make the cut, or one really good song with 2 ____ty ones and you whip out a greatest hits collection and consider that 5th album dealt with.

The DX10 feels just like that. Maybe their T2 licence is almost up, whip out something fast, and consider it their last horrah with the licence.

As regards the headsculpt and the head/body proportions I feel much the same way that Void feels about the Batman/Bruce Wayne - missed opportunity. They obviously thought the old was good enough (ala the Bat-cowl), and didn't require change but well, I disagree - especially in light of the EB-800.

Yeah, I don't know. Really, a regular head was never any concern of mine after NECA, Hot Toys and Enterbay.

I really wish Hot Toys would stop stalling and put out a Terminator figure that is actually flesh and metal, no more of these "clean" figures. They haven't made a figure with exposed endo bits since Marcus. It's really annoying. After the Tech Noir, I thought a Police Shootout and a Battle Damaged Steel Mill would be done deals.

I don't know about you, but that 1/4 T1 teaser really pisses me off. I'd much rather have the above and a Kyle Reese than any 1/4 figures. If Hot Toys would just focus on their 1/6 scale and let Enterbay have fun with their HD 1/4 stuff, it would all be fine. Don't they know they could get a head start and make new things in 1/6 scale and still "out do" Enterbay?

Back