1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Well since this is the cyberdyne and he uses that weapon only at Cyberdyne then it wouldn't really fit as well with the steel mill BD version IMO

BD Cyberdyne or BD Steel Mill? cos i think this figure should include BD Cyberdyne parts and MM1 Launcher and save the rest for the Steel Mill BD

Aslo why no pics with the sunglasses on, i get they are showcasing the PERs, but not one pic? :cuckoo:

I don't see a need to seperate BD Cyberdyne and BD Steel mill. One figure would do it, and they should just make sure that at the end of it all we have the heads, parts and clothes for both semi BD and full BD. The only differences between the Cyberdyne BD and say the 'Hasta la Vista' stage T-800 are by the time of the latter his endo-knee is also exposed. And maybe his chest isn't quite as messed up in the Cyberdyne shootout as it is later but I think one fully BD chest region will pass for both. Thats just me.

I don't know. I think I like the V1 head better. It doesn't have pers, so that's a big plus.

I'm undecided, but I do see where you are coming from. The V1 just looks fantastic with his glasses on for some reason. Very t2 to me.

They can make whatever the hell they want as long as I see a future release that has,

- Semi Battle Damaged head
- Full Battle Damaged headsculpt with light up eye

- Bullet damaged jacket with sleeve
- Damaged jacket with missing sleeve
- Gray shirt with exposed chest (new torso)
- Pants with exposed left knee (new leg)
- pants w/belt

- Removable arm
- Endo stump
- BD Gloved Hands (thumbs up hand included)

- MM 1 Smoke Grenade Launcher
- Machine gun (one he uses to riddle the T-1000 with bullets)
- Grenade launcher with broken wooden stock
- Bandolier with a few grenades

- Metal Steel Mill Rod

- Display base

That's not even asking for much. That's a proper DX release with two heads, an alternate jacket, an extra arm (regular MMS figures have this), 3 weapons and one accessory.

I was trying to hold out for a battle damaged T-800, but this might be hard to resist, that huge machine gun looks great.

I think HT will "announce" later on that he will come with much more accessories such as a BD outfit, head sculpt, ect. Much like Jill or the Falconer Predator with the hooded suit and Falcon being included afterwards "due to outcry."

^ they were pleasant surprises, but a whole 'nother headsculpt is a pretty big addition, i don't see it a happening sadly

I think HT will "announce" later on that he will come with much more accessories such as a BD outfit, head sculpt, ect. Much like Jill or the Falconer Predator with the hooded suit and Falcon being included afterwards "due to outcry."

I wonder. I mean I haven't seen facebook but people have said the reaction there has been anger more than anything. And here I don't think I've seen a new release create as much negative feeling as this except maybe Indiana Jones.

very easy pass, how do they manage a worse sculpt?

Indiana Jones.

And they didn't fix or tweak a DAMN thing on that. :lol

They can't just throw in another head or a big accessory, especially when this figure is estimated for October 2012. Assuming their price reflects how the figure is made and what they include, I highly doubt they'd throw in some really nice thing/things.

It's good thinking but this is Hot Toys we're talking about. Nothing is logical with releases anymore. Just like I doubt them including a half '89 Batman with the Batmobile.

I will say this, I don't want them to include a battle damage head or any of that with this. That would compromise a PROPER, full, BD T-800 figure that would/should come with the things I listed above.

If they improved the headsculpt, gave him an axe, the gas grenade launcher and a better designed base, I'd be all for a "Cyberdyne" version.

I posted this on another forum. I figured I'd throw it here too if anyone's interested in my two cents on the trials and tribulations of capturing Arnold's likeness:

This angle looks particularly good to me:
12040314444fb68a3ffd4a0.jpg

Arnold is a tough one to capture in my eyes because he is the action hero many have grown up watching. Everyone has a particular idea of how he should look which is really an amalgamation of his expressions, angles and lighting during your favourite Arnold moments all put together in your mind.

A sculpt will never completely capture any actor's likeness due to the subtle complexities of a human face. It will never look great at all angles. Especially when you look at it with the scrutiny of a person who has particular mental imagery about an actor's face.

The Enterbay sculpt is the most accurate Arnold to me - it looks 'on' to me at many angles, in particular at a low angle, which is where I feel most figures fail, including the DX10, but I actually think it is weaker in around the eyes and eyebrows than the new one (DX10). Hot Toys' previous T2 doesn't look good to me unless it is under heavy shadows and/or at a distance.

This sculpt is growing on me, I still think it needs the Enterbay touch on the hair all around.

Just some of my thoughts on the sculpting of Arnold. I'm not trying to make excuses for the sculptors, I'm more coming to the realization that if I wait for the 'perfect' Arnold, that will never come. Even T1 Arnold looks off to me some times and I absolutely love that figure. In fact, I wasn't sold when I first saw the pics of it either.

i find it incredible that from noon today when this thread was created until now, there are over 50 pages already on this fail.

i find it incredible that from noon today when this thread was created until now, there are over 50 pages already on this fail.

Shows how much people wanted the BD version. And tire of rehashes :wink1:

The only thing i don't like about the sculpt is the lips & cheeks, too sad looking

Pass. Already have the T-800 and it's good enough.

I will say this, I don't want them to include a battle damage head or any of that with this. That would compromise a PROPER, full, BD T-800 figure that would/should come with the things I listed above.

If they improved the headsculpt, gave him an axe, the gas grenade launcher and a better designed base, I'd be all for a "Cyberdyne" version.

Agreed. I wish they'd have done a total overhaul on the headsculpt. This is pretty much just MMS117's head with PERS (hate to think what the back of his head looks like). Something entirely new by a different sculptor would have been preferable. I might have bought multiples of a good new head on ebay and replaced the heads on all my MMS117s. I certainly didn't think I'd be saying 'nnnope. That head is still the best'

I for one am glad they did another t-800.
New collectors to the hobby have a chance to own one like the rest of us.

Meldesigner 005

It looks like the bastard love child of Arnold & Ron Pearlmans' ugly assed sister.

12040314444fb68a3ffd4a0.jpg

Adding a BD head to this wouldn't compromise a Steel Mill BD as it'd have a whole different body, clothing condition, base, headsculpt ect...

Agreed. I wish they'd have done a total overhaul on the headsculpt. This is pretty much just MMS117's head with PERS (hate to think what the back of his head looks like). Something entirely new by a different sculptor would have been preferable. I might have bought multiples of a good new head on ebay and replaced the heads on all my MMS117s. I certainly didn't think I'd be saying 'nnnope. That head is still the best'

Yep, right there with you.

You know, I'm kind of glad Hot Toys didn't tease or hype this up. It sort of just came out of nowhere. If they had given us a teaser, I don't know, something like this,

557753_10150630108782344_58690437343_9397061_148043045_n-1.jpg

I would have been so pumped and excited. Hot Toys certainly knows how to photograph Terminator surgery. Of course, then I would be disappointed once we got this full reveal. I might not have even been mad if it was an actual improvement over the first version, especially in the sculpt department. Too bad it's not.

Back in the day, I sort of always expected them to make a another clean version, a Cyberdyne figure before the Battle Damaged figure. I don't know if Maulfan remembers but I recall stating how much I was sort of "eh" about the original versions sculpt and how I might wait to see if a better, DX version would come along. He said something like the chance of a new second head would never happen. Looks like we were both wrong. While it was a DX, it certainly wasn't an improvement. :lol

I know you and I shared the same opinion about the MMS 117 T-800, but the headsculpt, while far from perfect, certainly did grow on me since the original spec/pics. I know we discussed production variations and it certainly seems like this DX one is suffering from a thin neck.

Flap of skin looks like a bloody pringle.

Back