DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine had some strange sticky oil like substance on the left shoulder right out of the package. It wiped off with a little force, and hasn't yet returned. I'm afraid to look under the belt, but when I do I'll be sure to report back here.

Just gave him the once over. Bone dry. But now I'm gonna be checking all the damn time...

Same here. One more excuse to get out of collecting 1/6 once and for all....
I still can't wait for mind though and hopefully I won't be posing a puddle of melted rubber next to the Batmobile

Armus.jpg

so this is 1 individual issue reported out of a possible 100 owners? (I consider 1 report from Rory with pics as a legit report) Still a far cry compared to the DX02 fiasco. For now I might suspect that this is just some random QC error made by HT and you are still able to get a replacement body by them so no biggie. And we have to remember that every line of figure that they do concerning rubber/not it is almost impossible to avoid a mishap in terms of QC. As long as most of these figures are hand made there is an almost 100% certain of having human errors. This might be one of them

I agree that they may have made a blunder in getting the curing time of the rubber suits wrong, but for now its still 1 legit report of 2 figures so I would still think that we are still safe for now. 1/100 of a bad egg is still considered ok in a mass produced scale. But it is a glimpse of the apocalypse to come none the less ehehe

so this is 1 individual issue reported out of a possible 100 owners? (I consider 1 report from Rory with pics as a legit report) Still a far cry compared to the DX02 fiasco. For now I might suspect that this is just some random QC error made by HT and you are still able to get a replacement body by them so no biggie. And we have to remember that every line of figure that they do concerning rubber/not it is almost impossible to avoid a mishap in terms of QC. As long as most of these figures are hand made there is an almost 100% certain of having human errors. This might be one of them

I agree that they may have made a blunder in getting the curing time of the rubber suits wrong, but for now its still 1 legit report of 2 figures so I would still think that we are still safe for now. 1/100 of a bad egg is still considered ok in a mass produced scale. But it is a glimpse of the apocalypse to come none the less ehehe

There have been 5 individual figures reported so far, and from past experience, the oil takes a few weeks to a few months to show up for the first time, so it's definitely time to panic as far as i'm concerned. Rather cancel my order now and re-buy later if issue is proven to be solved/improved version is released :lecture

Let's see how much damage this causes to the suit, and how wide spread it is, but for ____s sake how can Hot Toys allow this to happen to a figure that costs the ____ing earth. Seriously if this does turn out to be another cluster ____ from them, collectors need to show them the middle finger

Let's see how much damage this causes to the suit, and how wide spread it is, but for ____s sake how can Hot Toys allow this to happen to a figure that costs the ____ing earth. Seriously if this does turn out to be another cluster ____ from them, collectors need to show them the middle finger

You can reuse your famous video, all you have to do is CGI 89 Batman over DX02. :yess:

You can reuse your famous video, all you have to do is CGI 89 Batman over DX02. :yess:

:rotfl That video is long gone.
I did not get the 89 Batman, but still winds me up that this is happening again. Hopefully this will not be wide spread, but if it does turn out to be the DX02 all over again, Hot Toys really need to be told enough is enough.

Two months or thereabouts. No sign of oil. I also had a DX02, which never exhibited any oil either.

I've worked with polyurethanes and silicones for many years now. If the rubber mix is bad, it usually shows up pretty quickly as oil patches like beads of sweat.

I think there is possibly a different reason for this. Hot Toys uses a lubricating oil to getting the rubber suit on. Once the suit is on that oil has no place to go, but sit there. If the oil is excessive it will eventually leak through any points where the true type body touches the suit and pressure is applied, like around the belt area.

A suggestion - and Ill be doing the same if mine starts leaking - remove the rubber suit. Wash the true type body and suit with liquid soap to remove all of the lubricating oil. Once it is fully dried, use talc to aid getting the suit back on.

If it is the lubricating oil causing the issues, this will certainly help. Certainly worth a shot.

Two months or thereabouts. No sign of oil. I also had a DX02, which never exhibited any oil either.

I've worked with polyurethanes and silicones for many years now. If the rubber mix is bad, it usually shows up pretty quickly as oil patches like beads of sweat.

I think there is possibly a different reason for this. Hot Toys uses a lubricating oil to getting the rubber suit on. Once the suit is on that oil has no place to go, but sit there. If the oil is excessive it will eventually leak through any points where the true type body touches the suit and pressure is applied, like around the belt area.

A suggestion - and Ill be doing the same if mine starts leaking - remove the rubber suit. Wash the true type body and suit with liquid soap to remove all of the lubricating oil. Once it is fully dried, use talc to aid getting the suit back on.

If it is the lubricating oil causing the issues, this will certainly help. Certainly worth a shot.
Insightful suggestion - & it's nice to have members such as yourself to give some practical input.. but why should we need to do any of this in the first place?

For the money we pay, these figures at the very least not should require any out of the ordinary modifications for them to be acceptable. It's a friggin' joke. :dunno

Back