DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People doubted me when I told them the Hot Toys Predator 2 was going up for pre-order on Sideshow today and I got my information from the Sideshow newsletter. Just the way it goes sometimes.

He quit SSF because of a comment Maglor made or something. Ditched his avatar, sig and everything. I'm sure he's still watching though.

I don't see what the big fuss was. Nothing against Rory (I respect you man) but you were bound to have doubters when you have hundreds and hundreds of people getting these figures that aren't having issues. I know he had to be thinking he jumped the gun with the thread and maybe that's why he booked. Personally, I have two, one from around the beginning of February from that first shipment and then one of the most recent ones. I also have two extra back up bodies that I got cheap. They're all virtually identical and they don't leak. No oil at all.

Don't want to speak for Rory here but I sincerely doubt it's still secreting oils of any kind. One, I think any kind of residue is from the adhesive on the belt (the FRONT of my belt on the second one had some glossy glue that wiped off) and two, all the bodies have a fabric under suit between the rubber and true type. The figure is very well made.

This topic is filled with nonsense. If there was a problem people would know. With the amount of people that have this thing, and there are many, you'd see tons of vocal backlash by now. Nothing in Asia, nothing on facebook. Nowhere, nada.

WOW! That is a shock. Let's hope a temporary one only.

As I said in my previous post to TNM, I am firmly in the "I am in no way doubting Rory's word nor his honesty, I just think that it's been genuinely misidentified" camp, but I also firmly believe that Rory was absolutely right to bring his thoughts and worries to people's attention.

I don't know what (if anything) is happening with the DX09. But the great thing about this forum is that there are experienced people here that have been through it before, more than once, with other figures. And despite our differences, and how I suspect that we will probably never see eye-to-eye...this includes Nam.

That is why Rory was right to mention it. Please come back in Rory, I am sure that no one here really intended to actually upset you.

Last edited:
I agree that Rory did nothing wrong with bringing this to everyone's attention. No fault there at all. I also do not think that Maglor said anything bad enough to make someone quit and leave forever.

I wasn't following the Rory vs. Mags thing, but for some reason, this thread just seems to bring out the worst in everyone...

This topic is filled with nonsense. If there was a problem people would know. With the amount of people that have this thing, and there are many, you'd see tons of vocal backlash by now. Nothing in Asia, nothing on facebook. Nowhere, nada.

Yep, the thread got out of control, there just wasn't enough evidence of any real issues to warrant what was being posted.

I get mine next week, finally they are arriving in Aus.

Yep, the thread got out of control, there just wasn't enough evidence of any real issues to warrant what was being posted.

I get mine next week, finally they are arriving in Aus.

I'm getting mine next week too, along with Joker! I opted for a late flex payment :lol.

I agree that Rory did nothing wrong with bringing this to everyone's attention. No fault there at all. I also do not think that Maglor said anything bad enough to make someone quit and leave forever.

I dunno, if you had an issue with a figure and suspected it was something serious that you'd experienced before (which ruined the enjoyment of your expensive dollies), and had someone denying your issue was valid and demanding and hounding you daily to provide proof despite having posted pics already, you wouldn't be offended and annoyed? While I understand Maglor's need and impatience, it didn't come across as that. Instead it came across as completely dismissive and highly accusatory. :huh

I dunno, if you had an issue with a figure and suspected it was something serious that you'd experienced before (which ruined the enjoyment of your expensive dollies), and had someone denying your issue was valid and demanding and hounding you daily to provide proof despite having posted pics already, you wouldn't be offended and annoyed? While I understand Maglor's need and impatience, it didn't come across as that. Instead it came across as completely dismissive and highly accusatory. :huh

Agreed but what I said was I don't think that is something that would normally make someone quit and leave forever. I've had people on here disagree with me and some were down right rude, but I didn't throw my hands up and leave. You of all people should know that you need to have a thicker skin than that to be on here. :lol

Nothing against Rory for starting this thread. Seeing as he obviously has two figures with marks of some kind of them his concern was warranted, even if unwittingly turned into a shirtstorm on here.

But he way overreacted to Maglor's post. I can't believe he got quite that butt-hurt over it.

Agreed but what I said was I don't think that is something that would normally make someone quit and leave forever. I've had people on here disagree with me and some were down right rude, but I didn't throw my hands up and leave. You of all people should know that you need to have a thicker skin than that to be on here. :lol

:lol The only thing greater than the abuse I dish is the abuse I get. :lol

That said, some people just have a threshold and for Rory, Maglor's daily disbelief and nagging added with all the HT polesquatters hating and trolling to get the thread closed, hit that nerve. Especially when all he was doing was making sure this issue gets addressed instead of brushed under the carpet as it almost did the past two times it occurred. Is it a shame he's gone? Despite him and I being on the polar opposite ends of most debates, yes. Can't say I blame him though for bailing because of all the straight-up douchery. :huh

That said, some people just have a threshold and for Rory, Maglor's daily disbelief and nagging added with all the HT polesquatters hating and trolling to get the thread closed, hit that nerve. Especially when all he was doing was making sure this issue gets addressed instead of brushed under the carpet as it almost did the past two times it occurred. Is it a shame he's gone? Despite him and I being on the polar opposite ends of most debates, yes. Can't say I blame him though for bailing because of all the straight-up douchery. :huh

Well to each his own. I would rather stay and debate but that's me. That's you too. :lol

Oh and by the way, not sure he's gone. I just checked his profile and it said he logged in yesterday. :)

I feel that that may be just a fraction strong, TNM. After all, we are talking about text based comms here, it is a bit more difficult to discern the emotion behind something in B+W than to actually be hearing a person's voice.

I know Mag can easily speak for himself, but I have been re-reading a lot of this thread lately and am certain that he did not intend it to sound like nagging and disbelief, or in any way accusatory.

Last edited:

Rory was being a Prima Donna though. I don't think Maglor went too far with his inquiries. I mean look, since the incident not a single person has an update to share. That's really all Maglor was looking for. To let Maglor get under your skin? I'm not sure that warrants quitting a forum. Maybe he felt outed or something, I don't know. This was going to occur though because, lets face it, there is a very, very small minority of individuals with issues. We're talking two or three people at the most now considering most of the people didn't know if it was the belt or the suit.

I seem to recall a certain someone claiming that Rory was just as much a ******. There seems to be a weird twist of irony here.

I also have a hard time believing that Rory's second figure that he just got had oil too. Not calling him a liar, I just have a hard time buying it. He only took pics of one of them and not a single collector that have received this supposed "second batch" has had an issue to report. Not one. Everyone has been checking like mad to see if they have the oil secretion and not a single collector can testify that it's happening. There's something wrong there. I'd like to think I can be in a position to judge since I have one of the early batches of the figure (no leaking), the second batch figure (no leaking, nearly identical to the first) and a multiple spare bodies (no leaking, nothing). He was the first and perhaps the only one to report about the "hollow abs"/"hard abs" and the differences in the cape crap. I have the figure ranging from all the different time spans of the last couple of months and there's no such variations. Well, other than a few production applications here and there, namely in the paint department.

Last edited:
Back