DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think of it like this. I don't even know how close the science is, but the metaphor might make it easier to understand.

You make Jello right. In your fridge, it's gellatin. Out of your fridge, it returns to a liquid. If you prefer, consider ice the same way. Point being, because something is hard one minute, doesn't logically prove it will remain so forever.

Have you ever left out that ready made Jello? That stuff doesn't melt. Kind of scary if you ask me. It just sits in your stomach. :horror

3 months I've had it now, I just checked ...no oil, no residue..looks like I was lucky. :lecture

Me personally, I would remove that tape and magnet and clean off (Goo Gone) all that gooey glue and just reattached the magnet with a drop of super glue.

:hi5:

Removed:

IMG_5613.jpg

Glue:

IMG_5616.jpg

Done:

IMG_5621.jpg

Wonder why HT didn't do this in the first place.

Anyway, I recommend this for anyone with this kind of residue:

IMG_5595.jpg

Removed:

IMG_5613.jpg

Glue:

IMG_5616.jpg

Done:

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

I just ended up doing the same thing. I don't get why they didn't do this to begin with either...guess we'll find out if there was a reason....

Removed:

IMG_5613.jpg

Glue:

IMG_5616.jpg

Done:

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

Why does Hot Toys do half the crap they do? :dunno
Maybe they got tried of their workers gluing their fingers together. :rotfl

with enough web research, you could actually sue HT. It may be legal to produce this kind of ____ in China, but when shipped to other countries with laws that does not permit the use of materials which triggers chemicals to cause carcinogenic affects will cause a big fiasco. I'm talking about breaching the contract between SS and HT. Is that possible?

with enough web research, you could actually sue HT. It may be legal to produce this kind of ____ in China, but when shipped to other countries with laws that does not permit the use of materials which triggers chemicals to cause carcinogenic affects will cause a big fiasco. I'm talking about breaching the contract between SS and HT. Is that possible?

Where is Gekko when you need legal advice?

Yeah -- they speak it in LONDON. :slap

Stop postwhoring and read a bloody book. :read

Besides their glue sucks when it comes to their magnets.

Very true. The faceplate magnets in my Mark 6 quickly became unglued, similar to what's been reported in the Mk 2 AU thread.

Solution: Loctite!

I've had mine like I've said since the first of Feb and have no issues. I did have the DX02 as you can see from the bottom pic and it leaked from day one.

Cool. Thanks for sharing. It's possible this defect is limited to flawed batches of product, and not the entire run. :dunno
My HT Appleseed Ex Machina suits are holding up great, but they seem to have more silicone in them than the Batmen figs.
Siliconized rubber is much more stable than isoprene. (It's also more expensive)
Think snorkel masks...translucent rubber versus the old-style black rubber (which inevitably degrades and cracks).

I have a good friend who is an engineer for Stanley/Dewalt. He is going to ask a co-worker tomorrow who is a chemical engineer what the scientific reasons for this happening are.

:cool: Please share what you hear, mikericm! Knowledge is power.

I now understand why these figures are investments. Once the oil wells have ran out we can always squeeze our figures. Money well spent.

:rotfl Well done! :clap

(would like to have a word with you)
mad-max-delayed-until-2012.jpg

Last edited:
btw make me part in the list of victims. I had a small speck of oil 'sweat' beads on the bottom part of his abs. But its not wiped off and wrapped properly with the black paper again. Here's hoping for it to not ever happen again!

Back