DX09 KEATON BATMAN: residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Failed Quality Control 101

It's the chemical compound of the suit separating.

Don't they package them up while they were still curing? remember the DX01? some reported paint rubs from the inner foam top. It's not like Hot Toys to rush things, cut corners. ¬_¬

I can't help but wonder why a specific answer as to why it happened with DX02 wasn't discovered? Of course I am a musician and can offer no insight! :wink1:

Did the kevlar decals feel stiff/crusty at all? the ones I sent back to Hot Toys in 2010, the decals went all rough. The rubber armbands stiffened up. Though the Keaton Batman is nowhere leaking to the scale of the first two batches of the DX02. Another plus appears to be, no paint. And certainly no decals.

I'll let you know :panic:

:lol

Ah, sorry Avenger, that wasn't aimed at you.
It's just that I'm seeing exactly the same type of posts and train of thought that went on for a year or more with the DX02.

Yeah, no worries man. :1-1:

I can understand the frustration. Especially having 2 of them exhibiting the issues. I wish you didn't have to endure any of it, and I think we all thought this figure was different. Wasn't Michael Crawford's review even saying it was a different material this time, not to blame him, but to say we were gearing up for changes in production materials? In any case, I suspect we're all really disappointed in Hot Toys and ourselves for thinking things have changed. I hope this time it's different, but doesn't everyone that sees this sort of scenario...

I hate everyone in this thread, I hate Hot Toys, and I hate the fact that owning this figure is more of a hassle now than an enjoyment.

Last week, it was the best 1/6 figure I ever owned, now I have to constantly fear the day it inevitably leaks and I'm stuck with it. We didn't pay $240 for this ____. The company tainted the whole experience.

I want to shove these up Hot Toys' ass, every last one of them, one by one. Customers shouldn't be eating these or taking a loss, it should be them and them alone. I also want an explanation other than "we're cheap, dumb ____s". Three figures now and they still don't know what's going on? ____ em'.

No Returns. No The Dark Knight Rises. No more rubber suits.

Just venting.

I hate everyone in this thread, I hate Hot Toys, and I hate the fact that owning this figure is more of a hassle now than an enjoyment.

Last week, it was the best 1/6 figure I ever owned, now I have to constantly fear the day it inevitably leaks and I'm stuck with it.

I want to shove these up Hot Toys' ass, every last one of them. Customers shouldn't be eating these or taking a loss, it should be them and them alone. I also want an explanation other than "we're cheap, dumb ____s".

Just venting.

:clap:clap:clap:clap

good vent :lol

Again, I agree, good post Nam. Jesus, what's next? Dog's and Cats sleeping together?:lol

catdog3.png

Don't they package them up while they were still curing? remember the DX01? some reported paint rubs from the inner foam top. It's not like Hot Toys to rush things, cut corners. ¬_¬

All companies do that. I've seen paint rubs on packaging from just about every company out there, Sideshow, Dragon, Medicom, even Hasbro. However, as we both know, this is different, because these things should be cured correctly before they even get to packaging, hell, BEFORE assembly. :monkey1

No leaking showing, i'm sure by tonight he'll be soup.

**** you HT for me having to look in the first place.

If these begin to melt may the curse of a 1000 lolcats rain down upon your company!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

No leaking showing, i'm sure by tonight he'll be soup.

**** you HT for me having to look in the first place.

If these begin to melt may the curse of a 1000 lolcats rain down upon your company!

Exactly. It won't even have to leak, you'll be consumed with negativity just by the simple fact that it can and/or will.

Mine hasn't yet either, but instead of posing it or admiring it, every single day I see it I'll be checking to see if the damage has started. I was so pumped about this guy but now the fun and excitement has been totally deflated and curb stomped by a foolish toy company. They've gotten too big and it's not even other companies that's taking their legs out from underneath them, it's themselves.

How do price hikes, shipping delays and these rubber suits NOT make them look bad? Can they really be this incompetent?

How can any if you really be surprised by this, they bollocksed up the DX02 and Batman Begins with QC yet you expect them to fix it while they know they'll get your money even if they don't

So do you plan to use the same doll on each ass or do you bring enough for everyone?

I think the better question would be, do I keep the Batman head on the figure or take it off?

Those ears, ouch.

Last week, it was the best 1/6 figure I ever owned, now I have to constantly fear the day it inevitably leaks and I'm stuck with it. We didn't pay $240 for this ____. The company tainted the whole experience.

I want to shove these up Hot Toys' ass, every last one of them, one by one. Customers shouldn't be eating these or taking a loss, it should be them and them alone. I also want an explanation other than "we're cheap, dumb ____s". Three figures now and they still don't know what's going on? ____ em'.

No Returns. No The Dark Knight Rises. No more rubber suits.

Just venting.

Is there anything you do like?

Back