DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I told a coworker about this oil problem and he wondered if freezing the figure for a bit might stop it? Taking on moisture might cause new problems, but perhaps he's onto something? Has anyone tried or suggested this?

Still not a big deal to me and I still think he's the best action figure ever made. I think for every post moaning there ought to be one from the side that says this just isn't that big of a deal. Mine still sits on the shelf looking badass with his slightly discolored abs.

He hasn't melted, caught on fire or given me any strange diseases. I think we all ought to relax a little here and keep perspective. God, I have more oil on my skin. :lol

Thank you for this post.

I do agree that a figure that costs this much should not have this kind of flaw, but when I get mine I am going to have the same attitude as you. :duff

I told a coworker about this oil problem and he wondered if freezing the figure for a bit might stop it? Taking on moisture might cause new problems, but perhaps he's onto something? Has anyone tried or suggested this?

Oh dear God, don't be throwing this into the freezer now :lol

I have no clue where's it's coming from and I really thought hard about it. The only thing I figured out for sure is that (at least with mine) if you don't wipe off the oil then more doesn't come. Every time I've cleaned mine the same tiny amount would return. I don't believe anyone's figure is gushing, there has been some exaggeration I think.

If you got the first batch of DX then you will see the gushing oil problem. We're talking oil forming on the abs and not just darkening of the area or dampness. It was pretty bad. But Hot Toys has done something with subsequent batches although they haven't fully eliminated the problem.

I don't bother wiping down one of my DX anymore as well. It doesn't seem to get any worse, like u said. And the darkening of the abs doesn't bother me anymore. It's still a great figure regardless.

Actually, the first batch had more of the paint peeling and warped head issues, with some leaking of the abs reported.

It was the second batch that had the "gushing oil" of the abs.

I have a first batch figure & got lucky....no paint peeling or warped head, and some minor leaking of oil from the area surrounding the ab plates, which causes a small amount of darkening of the ab plates, which I have reduced greatly by placing a cotton round between the ab area & the pants. I don't even mess with it any more.

guys my batman has totally stopped leaking - had it for two months now and i only wipped it once when i got it aand now it doesn't show the slightest sign of any residue and hasn't for months so i did nothing and it went away.

Let's stop accusing people with no grounds. This defect has been a frustrating one, but if people find it's not affecting their figure, they should not have to provide photographic evidence. If someone comes in criticing people for being bothered or talking about the problem and claiming the figure's fine, it's one thing to defensively ask for proof of their criticism, but if someone just wants to share they seem to be having good fortune with their figure and don't feel like taking photos, that's their right. No more conspiracy theories and attacks of these people.

From now on, unwarranted accusations will be infracted.

Let's stop accusing people with no grounds. This defect has been a frustrating one, but if people find it's not affecting their figure, they should not have to provide photographic evidence. If someone comes in criticing people for being bothered or talking about the problem and claiming the figure's fine, it's one thing to defensively ask for proof of their criticism, but if someone just wants to share they seem to be having good fortune with their figure and don't feel like taking photos, that's their right. No more conspiracy theories and attacks of these people.

From now on, unwarranted accusations will be infracted.

And yet, it's perfectly fine to pop in here, state, "mine doesn't leak" and call everybody crybabies as if we're merely over exaggerating an issue. :rolleyes:

And yet, it's perfectly fine to pop in here, state, "mine doesn't leak" and call everybody crybabies as if we're merely over exaggerating an issue. :rolleyes:

It's not, hence why I said, it's a problem going after people that do that. You commented towards Two-Face's post, all that was posted was a status update on TF's figure, no accusations towards anyone in here having a problem with the figure.

As I said, if someone comes in here touting about people having problems being rediculous or something like that and trying to act like they're crazy and saying stuff without providing anything to back up their attacks, then retalliation is warranted, but someone simply posting an update that has been participating in this discussion does not deserve to be attacked for no reason.

It's not, hence why I said, it's a problem going after people that do that. You commented towards Two-Face's post, all that was posted was a status update on TF's figure, no accusations towards anyone in here having a problem with the figure.

As I said, if someone comes in here touting about people having problems being rediculous or something like that and trying to act like they're crazy and saying stuff without providing anything to back up their attacks, then retalliation is warranted, but someone simply posting an update that has been participating in this discussion does not deserve to be attacked for no reason.

There was another post that probably didn't get quoted using the "multi" deal as there should've been more than just his post quoted in mine. But anyway, as you well know, my point is that this just isn't a simple case of a bunch of spoiled entitlement brats being douchily overpicky about a figure.

But anyway, as you well know, my point is that this just isn't a simple case of a bunch of spoiled entitlement brats being douchily overpicky about a figure.

Yes, I agree. I'm just looking out for people. The same right we have to come here and voice our frustrations and concerns with this defect applies to people coming here and reporting positive outcomes with their figures.

I acted because the post only quoted Two-Faces post which didn't contain anything to be crticized and to keep this thread from getting out of hand, because it'll eventually swing the other way. If enough people are falsely attacked for their posts about positive outcomes with their figure, those having issues will get attacked eventually for doing it and round and round we'll go.

Time and place, when certain responses are warranted, it's one thing, when things get out of hand, it just makes for an ugly mess. Just trying to keep things civil and warranted in here, on all sides.

So mine appears to be secreting oil again. Considering it was clear for so long I'm definitely leaning towards the environmental. Although I'm not sure what's changed since it went from dry to slick. It's been standing, fully assembled, belt on in the same place for the entire time.

Can you smell an oily odour if you go up close to it? or when you wipe it with your finger from the traces?...

The status of the repair to mine.
dscf9450.jpg

dscf9448.jpg

Last edited:
guys my batman has totally stopped leaking - had it for two months now and i only wipped it once when i got it aand now it doesn't show the slightest sign of any residue and hasn't for months so i did nothing and it went away.

Hey Two-Face! :wave

How's it goin'? Haven't seen you here in a while.

Glad your figure is behaving for the time being. I hope it stays that way! :duff
I'm still waiting for mine to ship from BBTS. Can't wait to start posting my own pics! :rock

well it's been over 2 mons and still nothing i really think the sponge fixed mine but mine was very minor as i found a pic of how mine was when i first got it and never wiped don't know if that has something to do with it either
Picture217.jpg
don't know who to credit the pic but mine was like this when i got it

Man if that's all the oil there is to the figure when I get it I'd leave it too. Especially if it means no more oil will surface.

zeelhar, where is the figure? reason I ask is what sort of room temperature is it in? if there's any relation to what Dave has said.

You'd think heat would eventually evaporate the oil or substance whatever it is.

Back