DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I got the 2nd batch and the oil is there when I picked up.
I wrap the abs with tissue and let it stay in the box for almost a month and still found signs of oil .......
Anyway, its a really cool figure though.

batman717

The only thing I think is safe to buy into is that the flaking and warping issue has been fixed, though I don't know what happened to Eddie's figure, that's the only report I've seen since the HK wave of those old issues.

This is the latest info. I think this was said before...

eddie said:
Reply from HT for my sent-back defect:

"... Please kindly noted that the oil leakage problem has been greatly improved in the replacement body that we are sending to you.
There may be slim chances of leakage, but it shall not cause much inconvenience to your enjoyment of the collectible figure."

Basically, HT ain't doing nothing about the oil.

eddie said:
Ye, replacement is for the number 2 figure which has a warped head, chest plate and shoulder problems. They said nothing about my other one which is leaking like crazy...

I hope the complaints don't let up just because new Iron Man figures are getting announced. Hot Toys might think that once they release their new 300, Iron Man 2, Terminator 2 etc. figures that we would forget about this issue.
Hope we can keep it alive in the hope that they would try to solve it.

Oh we would never do that ;)
Update of my personal observation: my really bad Batboy is still getting very oilyy after merely a day. My second Batboy seems to now take 2-3 days to get full on oily whereas it was daily before as well?! It's been on the same case and position since almost day one. I also checked and none of the underlying rubber has started falling apart nor is there signs of oil between the layers. Bicept armor is showing oil as well slowly saturating the surface as it is less noticable and I do not clean that area often.

Geil, I'm convinced there's little men running around inside this figure lubing it all up. I do believe this figure is the Titanic.

I opened mine to check on it when it arrived, there was a bit of the oil on the lower abs but not much and no where near as much as the worrying internet had me expecting.
I left it in the box stood upright for a couple of weeks and it was about the same when I checked on it, like it had been wiped with a damp cloth, so I wiped it off and put it away again on its back this time.
Another week and a half and there was hardly anything there when I checked on it last night, think this one will be ok now.

Hey guys, I just noticed this morning that the lower Abs looked like a dried raisin. It doesn't seems to leak oil anymore from that spot, but it got that wrinkled texture

issue.jpg

Oh we would never do that ;)
Update of my personal observation: my really bad Batboy is still getting very oilyy after merely a day. My second Batboy seems to now take 2-3 days to get full on oily whereas it was daily before as well?! It's been on the same case and position since almost day one. I also checked and none of the underlying rubber has started falling apart nor is there signs of oil between the layers. Bicept armor is showing oil as well slowly saturating the surface as it is less noticable and I do not clean that area often.

That's ridiculous why don't you send it back Geil??

I have been on contact with HT about this for a while and some other problems with a broken elbow and IM M2 leg issue. Getting it all resolved in one shot but I told them I rather wait for a good batch instead of rushing a swap that provides no solution.

Poseability is cool and all, but it's kind of a shame that HT didn't also make some sort of 1/6 statue like they did with the 1/4 busts. I would rather get a 1/6 statue that looks similar to the DX and just sell my DX at this point instead of worrying about disintegration down the road. Kind of sucks how my old Jurassic Park 1 T-rex rubber fig (which is around 17yrs old with no signs of damage) will probably be in better shape than my Batman in another 10yrs+. Nothing much we can do at this point but try the sponge technique and what's done is done.

Poseability is a must!!! :lecture

Hey guys, I just noticed this morning that the lower Abs looked like a dried raisin. It doesn't seems to leak oil anymore from that spot, but it got that wrinkled texture

issue.jpg

Wow, that sucks really hard. :(

Has there been any case wherein the DX02 had no oil problems at all?
I know there are some according to the poll, but can anyone here share any experience where they had no problem at all?

Hello there
I get one from the so called "problem solved" 3º batch and is liking
like hell!
well, i lost all my hopes about this figure...

issue.jpg

So it seems that someones assumtion that the oil is needed to keep the rubber from drying and eventually cracking is correct!:(

I've decided to completely give up ordering this figure which is a HUGE disappointment but there's definately a 3rd installment of the new Batman movies coming so I'll just wait till HT produces him and hope they figure out the solution by then. Although the wait is going to be about as painfull as MX Rider with rhoids:banghead

Yeah I got my trackingnumber from him, but it doesn't help that much. it only says that it has been shipped on feb 27th. I think it's on the customs again :sick

Our beloved customs loooooove big boxes coming in from China :D

Last edited:
The oil keeps showing up on mine and I put a makeup sponge under the belly. Not sure if its forcing it out as it comes back more frequent than before. Arghhh. Any of you on the fence about this figure, just wait and see if HT corrects this. Its a beautiful figure and worth owning if they correct this.

Well I am hoping HT's fixes the problem, but I'm not going to be able to resist owning it even with the oil problem.

Well I am hoping HT's fixes the problem, but I'm not going to be able to resist owning it even with the oil problem.

I also have one of these on order...initially I had your same mindset of "the figure looks so good I have to have it". However, the more I keep thinking about it I keep coming back to one conclusion. If we as consumers adopt this attitude, then there is absolutely, positively no incentive for Hot Toys to address this issue. Why address the issue if customers keep lining up to buy the figure?

No disrespect to you Maglor, this is my own opinion and I'm not stating that everyone has to think like me.

I'm not saying I wont' buy any HT figure....heck I really love my Blade figure and looking forward to War Machine. However, I plan on canceling my pre-order and will not purchase this figure until HT gets this issue resolve. And in my mind, resolving the issue involves more than telling customers to wipe the oil off their figures.

Last edited:
OK I am not taking credit for his work but here it goes and I hope he will be ok with me doing it :p
Eric from Toys2 had had my badly leaking Batboy for a few days awaiting shipment back to HT. It is partially due to the leaking issue but more so because one of the elbows was busted right out of the box and the forearm came off (I didn't mention it here as I did not want to fuel the paranoia) but he applied some sort of a flat clear top coat on top of the cleaned leaking surface and it has not leaked since!!!!! I think Cr0w (not sure who actually) did something similar and it worked for a while?

img1342a.jpg

Back