DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I wonder if it really stops the cause or just prevents it from surfacing though. I do recall the residue will eventualyl also surface form the glassy mesh parts of the suit of if it merely prevents the residue from surfacing in the flat areas it will simply ooze elsewhere. I will be going over to check it out in person possibly tonight :p If it works I will have him do it for my other bat as well :p I really want my belt back on and display him in his full glory

Yeah, we just shouldn't be having to do this. Hot Toys has really busted this up.

OK I am not taking credit for his work but here it goes and I hope he will be ok with me doing it :p
Eric from Toys2 had had my badly leaking Batboy for a few days awaiting shipment back to HT. It is partially due to the leaking issue but more so because one of the elbows was busted right out of the box and the forearm came off (I didn't mention it here as I did not want to fuel the paranoia) but he applied some sort of a flat clear top coat on top of the cleaned leaking surface and it has not leaked since!!!!! I think Cr0w (not sure who actually) did something similar and it worked for a while?

img1342a.jpg

Keep us posted on this Geil.

Here's hoping it's a permenent fix for you, and that the 3rd batchers don't have to worry about it at all! :duff

and that the 3rd batchers don't have to worry about it at all! :duff

I wouldn't be so confident. Not from what Hot Toys said to those getting replacement bodies saying there's no guarantee there wont be leakage.

I wouldn't be so confident. Not from what Hot Toys said to those getting replacement bodies saying there's no guarantee there wont be leakage.

Agreed, if they were going/able to complete rid the suit of the problem, surely they wouldn't send replacements until they did that, because now what, send replacements and get _____ed at more later if they completely cure the problem by the DCD shipment. They've had enough headaches from upset customers voicing up over this figure, I can't imagine them setting themselves up for more of it later, if they do they're pretty dumb, but if I were them, I'd be VERY careful what I say and when I say it with this figure because one slip and it's going to bite ya in the ass later.

Well, I'm not all that confident, but a fella can hope cant he? :eek:

Of course but every month that passes it's becoming slim, especially how Hot Toys handles it on Facebook. It's anything but encouraging.

I tried the makeup sponge yesterday and this morning before work all was good with no oil. I will give an update when I get home today.

For those of you using the sponges, does it look like they are absorbing anything? Wondering if it's really "leakage" or some kind of chemical reaction that's prevented by separating the pieces of the suit.

No, there's been nothing behind the suit. It's all dry.

I've currently wedged some kitchen roll behind the bicep plates to see.

Last edited:
In a way yeah, gently pull the plastic armour up a bit. Then you see the kevlar part go up the arm a bit, you can gently pull it ever so gently away from the arm and feed it down. The gap at the bottom thats all exposed is harder to feed it up.

62806484.jpg

Also as a precaution this time, the lower abs plates use to had a thing for going and coming with the oozing so I wedged gently with a fine paint brush handle with some kitchen roll folded carefully then fed in the full length of the front instead of just under the abs itself.

dscf9180copy.jpg

dscf9185.jpg

Still too early to tell yet.

I received a new body from HT this morning and I've displayed for the whole day. No oil leakage yet!

They just might have solved this problem after all.

I posted this in the other thread but I received a 3rd batch today and their are no signs of problems at all. I am expecting another in two days and the tumbler tomorrow.

I received a new body from HT this morning and I've displayed for the whole day. No oil leakage yet!

They just might have solved this problem after all.

I wouldn't count on it being solved yet, it was 2 days before mine started. I'd say go a week without any signs before feeling comfortable it isn't going to happen, but sadly even then it's no guarantee. Enjoy it while it's dry.

Back