DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I was part of the 2nd batch that oozed, two figures. Nearly everyone knows about my story I just can't be bothered to talk about it again as it feels like groundhog day. As they were replaced with the 3rd batch from the partially greatly reduced fixed DCD run.

Me too. Just a complete pain in the ass. Lets not trawl through it all again. If LT_Aldo wants to comment like that, maybe he should do a little homework first?
:pfft:

I'm not going to repeat the at-length discussion about what's going on with the suit. Spend some time and read the thread to educate yourself about what the issue is. Start the day you joined and work backwards. The suit is decomposing. The rubber wasn't cured for the correct amount of time and is essentially separating at the molecular level which is why you're getting the oily discharge. Pretend all you want. That's what's happening.

Incorrect!

I think you are a little bit lolo Aldo.

The chemical breakdown of a substance cannot not be reversed.
Well, not in the way you suggest.

Best of luck with it!
What we have all witnessed on this thread over the last year is the damage to the decals (on chest) that the oil causes. They bubble and peel off. So be prepared for that. Have fun!

Hey Rorywan...you got to be from Hawaii too! Only us locals use the term "lolo" (unless you remember the Don Ho song "Who is the Lolo who Stole My Pakalolo")!

Incorrect!

Well, you keep playing ignorant then. We'll see you back here in a few months when you pop back in to _____ about how the decals started to wrinkle or the suit's become oversaturated and started looking "melted." You seem to think nobody's tried any of this before when it's all right here in this very thread. Until then, we'll just officially debunk your "fix" as an ignorant newb unwilling to educate himself on existing issues with the figures he buys. Who knows, maybe you'll be too proud to admit it and think everybody's forgotten who you are when you list your "shiny" DX02 in the FS threads. Adieu. :wave

Well, you keep playing ignorant then. We'll see you back here in a few months when you pop back in to _____ about how the decals started to wrinkle or the suit's become oversaturated and started looking "melted." You seem to think nobody's tried any of this before when it's all right here in this very thread. Until then, we'll just officially debunk your "fix" as an ignorant newb unwilling to educate himself on existing issues with the figures he buys. Who knows, maybe you'll be too proud to admit it and think everybody's forgotten who you are when you list your "shiny" DX02 in the FS threads. Adieu. :wave

I have read, I give me reaction to this: Incorrect.

I sent my leaky Batman to Hong Kong and they replaced it for me. Pretty much a year ago now and no leaking from the new figure whatsoever. HT customer service was excellent. If anyone has a leaky figure just email Hot Toys and I'm sure they will help you out.

I emailed them 5 or 6 times with no reply. I had to post a message on their facebook page to get a reply. Finally I had to post the body back at my expense and they replaced it. I sincerely doubt they would still offer such an exchange now given the time that has passed since DX02 was released.

I emailed them 5 or 6 times with no reply. I had to post a message on their facebook page to get a reply. Finally I had to post the body back at my expense and they replaced it. I sincerely doubt they would still offer such an exchange now given the time that has passed since DX02 was released.

Given what 100% of the people posted in this very thread prior to his post, I'd really have to question the authenticity there. :lol

I refuse to submit a vote for this poll as I fear the consquences of my response. The toys gods can be cruel, I remember posting that my DX01 peers were ok, soon after, that was no longer the case.

I refuse to submit a vote for this poll as I fear the consquences of my response. The toys gods can be cruel, I remember posting that my DX01 peers were ok, soon after, that was no longer the case.

Yeah, that poll is outdated and highly inaccurate anyway as several of the freaks who voted theirs was fine, had ultimately leaked as well.

Yeah, that poll is outdated and highly inaccurate anyway as several of the freaks who voted theirs was fine, had ultimately leaked as well.

I was whined at for trying to make a new poll. Hurted! ¬_¬

I sincerely doubt they would still offer such an exchange now given the time that has passed since DX02 was released.

Thats correct. A month or two ago on Facebook somebody was trying to get a new body and reported that Hot Toys said no more replacements are being made.

What's funny about what I said?

I'm not sure everyone else had such a joyful experience with Hot Toys customer service. Remember Dinolast's video with him screaming at them?

Plus the idea that they would replace one now is somewhat optimistic! :)

I'm not sure everyone else had such a joyful experience with Hot Toys customer service. Remember Dinolast's video with him screaming at them?

Plus the idea that they would replace one now is somewhat optimistic! :)

Oh right I see. Well I didn't know asking for a replacement now would be optomistic. I asked for a replacement John Connor head from them nine months after they released the figure and they happily did it for me. Perhaps DinoLast shouldn't have posted a video shouting at them?

Oh right I see. Well I didn't know asking for a replacement now would be optomistic. I asked for a replacement John Connor head from them nine months after they released the figure and they happily did it for me. Perhaps DinoLast shouldn't have posted a video shouting at them?

Oooh, touchy subject mate. I know they flat out refused to replace some bodies unless the leaking was really bad. Obviously HT idea of what constitutes really bad leaking differs from the majority of their customers.

Hot Toys were real jerks to a lot of people around here, I think you should try and understand that, because your posts may get some people riled up.

Oh right. Well I'm not out to upset anyone I just thought some reassuring information would put some people's minds at rest if they were worried they couldn't get their leaky figure swapped. I didn't know people had suffered bad HT customer service?

I'm pretty sure he, like me, went through weeks of trying to contact them with no response, so his anger was entirely justified. As far as I know, the video was what actually got them to do something, so kudos to him for doing it.

I also think it's important not to get people's hopes up, as you are very unlikely to get a replacement from them now.

Good to hear you had a positive experience though. Perhaps they got tired of people shouting at them and got their act together...

Back