DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Ok can some one explain how to tell if yours is the hard ab bunch? I bought mine off eBay and the seller said it was. It shows now sign of leaking but I don't wanna trade it and it be bad.

All the talk of leaking on the DX02 Thread and this one has me worrying now. I am gonna check mine again. I got the one of the ones sold at hastings, I thought I saw somewhere that those were ok but based on all the conversations going on about the different batches, I don't even know anymore.

Thanks for the heads up. I am gonna go thru the threads and see if anyone with these ones have had issues with the leaking. Hope not. If so, i'll enjoy him till he turns into a big blob of black goop. :monkey2

I believe Platty's was from the DCD batch and has started leaking. Several of the replacement bodies which are also leaking were from that batch as well. Also check for residue around the biceps. That issue was never addressed.

Such a shame that such a great figure has been tarnished by this issue

Well I've just given mine a proper inspection, no oil seeping through the rubber at all and I've had him about a year now.

As I said on a previous post, make sure that you inspect the inside of the pants. But the only way to check it is by detaching it from the chest. Mine looked fine on the outside, just a little oil in one ab. The pants looked too soft at the edge of the chest. When I took it apart, I found this :(:
batmandx1.jpg

batmandx2.jpg

It cuz he used a hair dyer on it :slap Heat applied to rubber :nono

Yes, but just a quick pass to see if it dries the oil. This Batman had the oil issue but it was not noticed until I gently used the heat drier. That is when the abs started to leak oil in excessive amount. And then checked the inside to see how it was and that is what I found. Hot Toys knew this problem and that is why the 3rd batch comes with a plastic film inside the belly.

My guess is since this was a second batch, it had the oil problem. But it was leaking more inside rather than outside the abs.

Back