Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Adam was, for many years, a pretty generic "counter" villain to Cap Marvel in the same way Reverse Flash, Sinestro, or Bizarro were to their respective enemies. I think he first got fleshed out as a complicated "anti-hero" by Geoff Johns during his time writing JSA in the early 2000s, when they explored his backstory and motives, and how he's sort of like a Ra's al Ghul, who is willing to kill for the greater good (of protecting innocents in the case of Adam). I've read several of those TPBs and they are pretty good as far as modern DC goes.

I like Black Adam... he's a cool character and sort of the perfect opposite to CM/Shazam. I really like the animated showcase from DC that was great....

as for DJ playing Black Adam I'm indifferent, but optimistic

Dwayne played Scorpion King, for ****s sake! He's gonna be a good anti-villain.

Good anti-villain... Sounds wrong :lol

f3eade8b0b86919a459c4f6320410acd.jpg

Dwayne played Scorpion King, for ****s sake! He's gonna be a good anti-villain.

Good anti-villain... Sounds wrong :lol
I never saw those, but from my understanding there are obvious parallels with Black Adam, in that he was from Egypt, and was originally a hero who had some tragic backstory and somehow became corrupted.

I never saw those, but from my understanding there are obvious parallels with Black Adam, in that he was from Egypt, and was originally a hero who had some tragic backstory and somehow became corrupted.

Pretty much. His arc in Mummy series was like "anti-hero => hero => anti-villain => villain"

I think he first got fleshed out as a complicated "anti-hero" by Geoff Johns during his time writing JSA in the early 2000s, when they explored his backstory and motives, and how he's sort of like a Ra's al Ghul, who is willing to kill for the greater good (of protecting innocents in the case of Adam).

How is that any different than our current "Superman"?

Wow he's FINALLY going to play Black Adam. I remember all the way back in 2001 they were kicking around the idea for The Rock to play Black Adam.

Wait, so this won't be in the same universe as MOS and BvS? That's weird. Obviously ASM, DOFP, and the MCU are in separate universes but that's by necessity, not design.

You know what? **** it. Jon Hamm for Shazam. I don't care. The dude was born to play a superhero. If not Batman, then Superman. If not Superman, then Captain Marvel. I actually love the idea of him as Captain Marvel because he's pretty hilarious, and, if this is truly a "fun" DC movie like the New Line President said it was, then I could totally buy Hamm playing a superhero with the consciousness of a twelve year old.

Back