Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dwayne Johnson as Shazam

He's perfect for Black Adam, but who could possibly be a physical match for him as Shazam? No one who could wrestle top billing away from him that's for sure.

He's perfect for Black Adam, but who could possibly be a physical match for him as Shazam? No one who could wrestle top billing away from him that's for sure.

One Man...

Nice, he even has a bit of that old school Cap Marvel look. problem is I think it's going to be a hard sell to convince Johnson to turn heel for a major role like this. Can Cena even act?

Did they ever announce what role he was actually going to play?

My guess is it's Martian Manhunter.

No. He's only been in a few military films, and those were not great.

Granted I was just joking, but he does kind of look the part.
John Cena, to my great surprise, hasn't been that bad in the few TV cameos I've seen him in.

I'd say he's better than Channing Tatum, who gets rolls in every new movie from every popular franchise.

Did they ever announce what role he was actually going to play?

Wonder Woman, they revealed a poster of him did you not see it? It won SDCC! And now DCU wiped out all of the MCU films with a 3 minute panel and a poster :panic:

John Cena, to my great surprise, hasn't been that bad in the few TV cameos I've seen him in.

I'd say he's better than Channing Tatum, who gets rolls in every new movie from every popular franchise.

Agreed but no one with a brain but Cena in a major role

I don't know. Dwayne has got to learn to tone down his personality in roles sometimes. He's "too much" a lot of times, and you end up just watching "The Rock", in movies where you'd like to see him disappear into the character. Sure, he's perfect "looking" for the role of Black Adam, but I'm not sure he can channel the complexity of the character well enough. But who knows how he'd be written anyway.

Agreed but no one with a brain but Cena in a major role

You know, now that I think about it, Cena has the "Shazam" look for sure.

I don't know **** about his acting skills though, but, can he be so bad? The Rock and Batista are pretty decent.

Style.jpg

3033622-shazam_by_maiolo-d5k6fr5-1.jpg

It would have to be old-school.. I don't think I like the Nu52 hood motif, maybe a hybrid version.

Oh the hood is completely horrible.

I've come to appreciate and love the new 52 designs of most characters, depending on the artist, but the hoods are simply stupid, someone must have thought it looked "cool", but it doesn't, they're sooooooo over used in this day and age that it actually takes some charisma away from the characters, both Shazam and Black Adam, it was just a lazy redesign.

Incidentally, the pirate top boots that I hate in Captain America and Martian Manhunter, work perfectly fine with Shazam and Black Adam.

Meh, DC needs to actually do some stuff instead of always talking about it. Their like fat people who constantly tell everyone their gonna start going to the gym and never do.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
That is so damn true. I know LOTS of people like that.

Back