Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christ, if you're over the age of 12, you shouldn't know anything about wrestling anyway.

WHY????? :dunno

HRmxCeM.gif

It's the most ridiculously patronizing and stupid soap opera the world has ever known. Good for children, but beyond that, ugh.

:lol
I was a fan when I was a kid. Grew up with the Von Erichs, Rowdy Roddy and all that. Every glimpse I see now just makes me cringe.

I think that's where people seem to misinterpret how wrestling fans view it, if you will. I'm not a wrestling fan, per se, I can sit down and watch it, but I rarely do. I see a lot of people who say "wrestling's fake," or, like you said, a "soap opera," as if it somehow disproves how people can be entertained by it, but that's just it; I'm pretty sure the fans are well aware of what it is. I have a buddy who's a huge wrestling fan; he grew up with it and he never grew out of it, and he said exactly what you said: "it's like a soap opera." I mean, hell, it's in the name; this isn't the "world wrestling association," or the "world wrestling league," it's "world wrestling entertainment." There's a physicality to it, and yeah, these guys do work hard to be able to do what they do, but what they do isn't a competition, it's a show.

I can't watch Telenovelas, but I'm sure some people enjoy them.:lol

:lol
I was a fan when I was a kid. Grew up with the Von Erichs, Rowdy Roddy and all that. Every glimpse I see now just makes me cringe.

It's pure garbage now. It's a 3 hour show with 40 minutes of wrestling. The rest is talking and talking and Bonnies dancing and humping men and midgets and all kinds of crap that has nothing to with two guys wanting to be champions and being the best in the ring.

I think that's where people seem to misinterpret how wrestling fans view it, if you will. I'm not a wrestling fan, per se, I can sit down and watch it, but I rarely do. I see a lot of people who say "wrestling's fake," or, like you said, a "soap opera," as if it somehow disproves how people can be entertained by it, but that's just it; I'm pretty sure the fans are well aware of what it is. I have a buddy who's a huge wrestling fan; he grew up with it and he never grew out of it, and he said exactly what you said: "it's like a soap opera." I mean, hell, it's in the name; this isn't the "world wrestling association," or the "world wrestling league," it's "world wrestling entertainment." There's a physicality to it, and yeah, these guys do work hard to be able to do what they do, but what they do isn't a competition, it's a show.

I can't watch Telenovelas, but I'm sure some people enjoy them.:lol

See, but that's WWF/WWE "wrestling"...or as they call it, "entertainment." They no longer use the words, wrestling/wrestler. There are two types of wrestling fans, those who like the soap opera and the characters with supernatural powers and **** and then those who like the wrestling and what they do in the ring. One of the great things about Japanese wrestling, besides how innovative they are in the ring, is the lack of stories and soap opera stuff. It's mostly about the in ring wrestling and they treat it like a sport, even though it's scripted. I'm not against the soap opera stuff, if the characters are cool and there's great wrestling in the show, because it's nice to have that balance, but the WWE is garbage right now and it's sad because they have a lot of talented wrestlers, but it's how the use them and the type of "entertainment" they do that is killing mainstream wrestling, unfortunately.

SHAZAM Producer Hiram Garcia Talks About The Film's Tone, Development, And DC Films.

___

... it's a prime example of how you should built hype for your movie. He doesn't throw anyone under the buys, he doesn't make snide remarks, he's acknowledging the success of Marvel and declares that the whole team is going to do their very best. I'm not a big Shazam fan (I prefer Black Adam), but this thing right there made me excited for it. Sure, the film might end up being bogus because of such and such and such, but, as it stands, I've gotten a good vibe from it. Yes, it's just an interview from the producer, but it's an uplifting one.

I might be beating a dead horse, but *********, how can pretty much everyone, from any camp, be able to play nice except from damn Snyder? Cavill is a good sport, Affleck's a good sport, everyone apart from him is a good sport. Momoa and the Rock get carried away sometimes, but that's more for the publicity. But Snyder? Oh no, The Cinema God's Son is too great for such petty things such as "respect"... He's got the keys to the kingdom, and he's the most condescending ******* I've ever seen speak in an interview. Dunno why, but it just gets under my skin that this guy is in charge of the DCU...
Yep, I'm excited too!

That pitch is no different from any other early DC movie pitch, grounded this, grounded that, but oh, it's gonna be fun, and Marvel did great :lol

Back