Dusting the Tumbler

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golfpro1286

Super Freak
Reaction score
All the hype for the 89 Batmobile really has me in the mood to get the tumbler out and display it. How big of a pain are they to dust? I don't have a case yet : (

Also, what methods are you guys using to dust them?

All the hype for the 89 Batmobile really has me in the mood to get the tumbler out and display it. How big of a pain are they to dust? I don't have a case yet : (

Also, what methods are you guys using to dust them?
Just buy a dust off can and you're good. I use it for my figures as well. Can get in the tight spots too.

I use compressed air can as well but in conjunction w a swiffer duster to get the best result. I had to do it after I had it out in the open for a couple months lacking a case :p

Well she is out in the open. Couldn't keep her in the closet any longer! Got too excited with the '89 release coming soon! Gonna hold off on installing the flaps for a bit because I hope to be moving in the next 6 months or so and want it to be relatively easy to get back in the box. But here she is, sorry for the cruddy photos! View attachment 63823
View attachment 63824

Make sure to put something like a piece of paper under the wheels. The rubber on the tires will take the finish off that dresser.

use a paint brush or barber's brush, on the plastic but use a soft lense cloth on the reflective surface so it don't have a ton of scratch marks.

Also put something under the middle of the chassis, if not, the weight of the tumbler will make the front end separate from the cab.
My buddy from YouTube had that problem, then I checked mine and it was happening to my tumbler.

Will do! It has a Scotty Cameron golf towel under the wheels to protect the finish. I will see if I have some styrofoam of some kind to place under the center, thanks for the heads up Mr. EcKo!

Brushes for babies' hair also work great when dusting collectibles, altho for a piece this size, the paint brush idea is probably best. I like baby brushes because they are super-soft, and I know no way will anything get scratched.

Sorry to go off the topic of dusting, but this is in regards to care of the Tumbler: Did you guys who are not currently displaying it(due to lack of space, keeping it MIB, etc.) remove the batteries that shipped inside the unit? And if so, how many batteries, what type(s), and how easy/hard are they to get to? Thanks for any info. :dunno

No problem. Just put something that will support the entire undercarriage, basically so the wheels are off the ground

I use a can of compressed air when needed on my Tumbler. Since I recently put an air purifier in the room where I have my collectibles displayed, it has really helped cut down the dust dramatically.

Back