Dune Part Two (October 20th, 2023)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anya’s most amazing film was “The VVitch”. (My sole opinion) She was spectacular and the movie is epic. So much research went into that movie to make it historically accurate even in the way they speak. Many didn’t care for the film but it’s one seriously great horror movie…

The story of Dune is old with little to be surprised about. I’m sure it will be an amazing adaptation of the film and a far cry from David Lynch’s production of the story. Looking very forward to it.. 😎👍🏼
Love all of Egger's films. He has a unique style.

Journalists continue to make it impossible to take them seriously.

Shocker, a movie with “part two” in the title expects you to have watched part one.

IMG_2190.jpeg

Bring it on. I’ve rewatched Part 1 twice in the last month and my enjoyment and appreciation of it has increased. Totally fine if this leads into another one.
I hope these will be regarded in the same league as the LOTR trilogy.

Rewatched Dune 1 before it leaves netflix and.. listened to it on headphones for the first time, wow! There's so much I missed because of my TV's crappy speakers. The very low level whispering Paul hears adds a new depth that was missing in the Lynch version. Made me appreciate Dune 1 more than when I first watch it in a theater. The Stillsuits have also grown on me, I prefer the Lynch versions still but, I like the new ones better than I have before.
I'm going to try and watch it again before the 1st of March, looking forward to Part 2 even more now!

Just back from seeing this. Amazing second part to an amazing first part. Man these visuals are great, Marvel needs to take notes. This is how you use CGI well.

I think these movies will go down as classics, up there with the likes of Star Wars and LOTR.

I do love slowly seeing a protagonist become someone that you don’t really want to root for anymore.

Hope we get more.

Just finished Dune one haven’t seen it since it debuted on HBO Max opening night and I have to say my second viewing was much better and I’m super excited for my 12:30 PM showing today of Dune two on a real Imax.

I thought Dune one was boring on first viewing but I found a new appreciation for it now.

Recently watched this and for the life of me I just CAN NOT get into these films. The original was pretty decent but this version is just not my cup of tea unfortunately.

It's beautiful on screen but aside from the visuals I can't say that I hold this movie in as high regard as some others.

As with the first part it’s a watchable entertaining sci-fi with exceptional effects, but as an adaptation of Dune it’s sorely lacking with some baffling decisions made. Definitely Villeneuve’s Dune rather than Herbert’s.

Back