Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a close race for me. I like the action and pose of the DOTF but the emotional impact of Obi-Wan vs Anakin for me is much higher.

Its a close race for me. I like the action and pose of the DOTF but the emotional impact of Obi-Wan vs Anakin for me is much higher.

That's how it splits for me. DOTF I think is the better composition and "freeze frame", but Ani-Obi has the added visual of the base and the emotional factor and it just captures the core relationship of the entire saga. I think they both rock but for very different reasons but makes them great counterpoints to one another.

So in terms of value do you feel you got your moneys worth? Isn't the Obi v Anakin piece larger than the duel of fates?

Still trying to decide whether to pick up one of these or the S. Crumb statue.

Thanks again fellas for the pics

So in terms of value do you feel you got your moneys worth? Isn't the Obi v Anakin piece larger than the duel of fates?

I feel I got my money's worth, each piece, even the base, is very nicely made, the paint apps are superb, the composition of the piece looks great on display.

As far as size, it's diameter is about equal to Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, that piece just has the edge of a bulkier base so it's about 4 inches taller and just looks like there's more there.

Yeah, I do. I love this moment and the piece captures it quite nicely and the overall piece looks nice.

I finally opened mine the other day. It's really nice, except I wasn't quite sure how to position Obi-Wan, but then I realized that as long as it looks nice who cares. lol I did scratch the base a bit with his foot while trying to find the right angle for him, but its very minor so it doesn't matter. I was also very pleased to be able to put it with the other two dios and I think it makes for a very nice display (except the shelf is slightly too small so they are practically touching). It doesn't look like the dios are really in scale though, looks like Qui-Gon is much bigger than Dooku, although Obi and Ani look to be in about scale with him.

I just can't get over how awesome Maul looks in mid-air like that.

I just got my Duel of the Fates and am very, very happy with it. I took some photos and posted a review on my toy blog here:

https://mechazilla.com/review-star-wars-duel-of-the-fates-diorama/

Here's my favorite shot I got:

2488778820_16fe3b5998_b.jpg

Very nice man! I should be getting mine tomorrow! Can't wait. Now I just gotta get the other 2.:monkey2

Thanks! All three really are fantastic. I passed up on the Geonosis one initially and was just going to get the Dooku / Yoda one (as I collect anything and everything Dooku). But after seeing how great that one was, I went back and decided to be a completist on the line. It hurts the wallet, but it's gotta be done!

You set up your detolf wrong.
Bars holding glasses both must face inside,

Oooh... Totally right. He needs to take it apart and rebuild it asap. I've seen far too many incorrectly Detolfs collapse and kill collections. I'd hate to see these beauties get broken.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nice very nice sideshow !!!!!! as always maul fan your photos are very exquisite , without a doubt a piece to take .
I reserve for the duel between obi, ani and dooku or obi vs grievous !!!!!! i hope to make it !!!!!!!!!! :chew:chew:chew:D:D

You set up your detolf wrong.
Bars holding glasses both must face inside,

I did this with my first Detolf and it's an easy fix. Just need to loosen the top and take the bottom off (or vice versa) to swap them. I fixed it in less than 10 minutes.

I don't know how I missed your pics but I am so stoked that this will fit in a Detolf as I had no idea where the hell I was going to put it :banana:banana:banana

It's an aesthetic choice.

You are a braver man than I. My shelves looked like they were gonna fall with the slightest nudge and I just had to fix it.

I still can't wait to add this dio to my collection. I'm hoping to find it for around $250 shipped in a few months.

Back