Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Q2 doesn't start until April, whatever they have shipping that wasn't supposed to come until then must have been done earlier than they expected. If you look on the flexpay I think it gives what months you will be making payments so you'll at least know you won't be getting it any sooner than the month of your last payment is due.

No I understand the Flexpay thing. Hell, I think I love Flexpay now. That means I can get the Duel of the Fates and the Obi v Anakin with it!!

But I was talking about some other Items I bought from SSC. I will be getting 2 items next week that were not supposed to ship until Q2. And I'm glad to be getting them sooner, but I would like it if they would ship at the right time, when I had more money readily available. And I got the money to pay for the, but $400+ right out of my pocket on payday hurts a little.

What items are you getting next week? If you don't mind me asking. Maybe that will explain why they are coming sooner.

Hey, I complete understand that part of it MaulFan, but when I am saving to start paying for stuff in Q2, well, that's when I expect to have the money together, not in the middle of Q1. That's all.

And I'm new to actualy buying stuff. But after getting my first 3 pieces, I can see this is gonna be a problem for quite a long time. lol

I hope it didn't seem like I was attacking you or anything, just trying to shed light on how things work with Sideshow and because of the quarter release dates, you pretty much need to plan to have it a month or two ahead of the quarter, but there have also been cases of delays where it's well into the next quarter. The other issue too is, if it's distributed items like Hot Toys, Sideshow can only go by what they say and if those guys are ahead of schedule, Sideshow has to take them when they say they're sending them.

No big deal. The AvP:R Plasma Cannon 1:1 and the AvP:R Alien Warrior. When I ordered them they said est. ship Q2. Now they say Feb. And they will be here next week. No big deal, but the jump is a little crazy.

And my original comment was about picking this dio up. I mean, everything else I want that I am getting directly from SSC at least is shipping Q2. And I am catching up and buying up lots of stuff I wanted to get before, but never did. Thanks to DA81 and some of the other guys who convinced me to get into this for real.

I just didn't need another huge purchase coming out before I could afford it. And I really want the Obi vs. Anakin, which I put on Flexpay today. I guess I might as well just put this on Flexpay too!

And MaulFan, no, I understood there was no attack. :D And that is some good info on when to get my funds in order.

Last edited:
Well, I think it's safer to say these higher end, larger scale dios tend to be on track with their release, I don't think they ever come up sooner than you would expect them to.

That's good to hear.

One more question. Are you guys all buying these big items directly from SSC, or from the other online retailers out there. I ask this mainly because I see most of them getting the items in at the same time as SSC and the other retails are about 10% off. :confused:

Now I know that the other online retailers don't get the SSC exclusives, so is there another reason from buying directly from SSC when you could get a discount from some place like Alter Ego.

I always go direct through Sideshow, for many reasons--including the fact that I get it the next day because I live in California. I get extremely impatient when things start shipping, and overnight shipping for very little money works for me! Their return/exchange policy is also very important with expensive collectibles, and I have taken advantage of it enough to not want to go elsewhere. The reward points are a nice bonus as well.

Due to money constraints I've been going to on-line retailers more and more. Ten percent isn't much but sometimes it makes a sizeable difference when I have several expensive things on order. I've ordered from Bob @ Fireside Collectibles, Adam @ Dark Shadow Collectibles, Mike @ Razors Edge Collectibles, and Marc @ Alter Ego. All are great, I haven't had any problems with any of my orders.

Thanks, that's some good points all around. But Tomandshell, I guess you're right. If I hear that my other friends stuff is shipping and mine isn't, I start to have a nervious breakdown. lol And you do have a point about the return/exchange policy. I've never really heard that people have trouble returning stuff bought directly. But neither have I from the bigger online retailers. And I do love the points. Except for this part:

Sideshow Collectibles Customer Rewards FAQ said:
Q: What can I purchase with my Sideshow Rewards?

A: You can use your rewards towards a purchase of almost all of Sideshow's products on our site!

Currently you cannot use Sideshow Rewards to purchase a distributed product such as Hot Toys, Medicom, Acme, etc.

That sucks. I mainly buy HT and other things that SSC doesn't make directly. I don't have any SSC made PF or Dios or other items yet... Hopefully the Duel of the Fates and Obi vs. Anakin soon!!

But Agent0028, thanks for the heads up on some alternate retailers, just in case. :D

Damn, did they even produce that as a version you could buy from SSC?? I haven't seen it from what I remember on, only the Y v.D Fauz Bronze!!

Nope-- it was never available. Looks like this might be a one-of a kind... unless they sudden;y offer the faux bronze version as an exclusive during Toy Fair-- which over a week since the regular was up for pre-order seems highly unlikely.

Nope-- it was never available. Looks like this might be a one-of a kind... unless they sudden;y offer the faux bronze version as an exclusive during Toy Fair-- which over a week since the regular was up for pre-order seems highly unlikely.

Well it does say "Golden edition" so if that is different from another faux bronze edition they might be able to. Maybe its more gold than bronze in color. They did the Stealth Iron Man like that.

It looks like I will have to sell some stuff to get the funds ready for this. Any speculation on how much will take it?

I don't remember exactly what the last round of auction stuff went for but I would guess at least $1,000... being for charity it will be a lot.

I think the stealth iron man went into the double digit thousands, but I can't remember. A search for the last round of auctions would probably be useful. Good luck on getting it to anyone going for it.

Wow, those even went for more than I remember and I think the Bubo prototype went for $300 or so. I would say this one would hit $2500 then.

Back