Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We basically gain a long-lasting static aspect of something that isn't at all common with polystone collectibles at the expense of a slightly awkward pose.

It doesn't look too awkward to me. The leg tucked under makes him look like he's in mid roundhouse kick.

This is a really awesome piece. Maul being in mid-air is icing on the cake. I'm going to have to think on this one awhile because I know buying it will mean I have to get the Ani vs. Obi. :lol

Thats kind of why I am afraid of getting this one too. :D

I don't like it. The stances and facial expressions of all the characters look awkward. Almost like the frame in the movie was frozen a second too early or maybe even too late. Eh pass.

Damn it! 2nd chance on Yoda and Dooku at the same time as showing this piece - it's a conspiracy I tells ya! I wasn't getting into the SW dios at all - but now I have to (and 2). This one is just too cool.

As for the support system - the engineering on modern statues has become very sophisticated - look at Wolvie Vs. Sabertooth or the DCD Green Lantern vs. Sinestro and Wonder Woman vs. Superman and SR Daily Planet. All have figures supported in a way that you wouldn't think possible for just a statue.

Damn it! 2nd chance on Yoda and Dooku at the same time as showing this piece - it's a conspiracy I tells ya! I wasn't getting into the SW dios at all - but now I have to (and 2). This one is just too cool.

As for the support system - the engineering on modern statues has become very sophisticated - look at Wolvie Vs. Sabertooth or the DCD Green Lantern vs. Sinestro and Wonder Woman vs. Superman and SR Daily Planet. All have figures supported in a way that you wouldn't think possible for just a statue.

Dave man, I just don't know how you manage getting all this stuff. You are a crazy dude!:lol

OK, I placed a pre-order for this amazing piece - but unfortunately this may be one that I might have to cancel due to lack of funds available when it ships. I'm glad that Sideshow has a liberal cancellation policy but I hope I don't have to use it.
This will be my first Vs. diorama. I actually didn't like the ROTS one because I thought it was too busy and half expect Obi-Wan to fall backward. I passed on the AOTC one because I couldn't afford it - however I like this one so much I'm gonna try everything I can to afford it. Since this would be my first Vs. diorama, it would be easier to go without it than a couple other items I'm expecting to add to my collection later this year. I just wish it shipped after that new tax rebate thing.
-theropod

i placed my order too for this stunning piece through flexpay i hope that everything will go right for me..this month ss released so many things ..i don`t know what to do (or to buy) really!!:rotfl :maul

This piece looks amazing to me...I can appreciate how intense the sculpting is on pieces like these. Jeff really did outstanding work, I love it!

That support point is ingenious and I suspect it was a PAIN to pull off. That kind of stuff can be nerve-racking.

I'm REALLLY going to have to raise my game the next time a diorama project rolls around!

Trev

This looks great and I love the price. Haven't ordered it yet and I'm gonna try hard as hell to not get into this line but this is very tempting.

I was thinking of just doing flexpay and getting it, but does anyone know when this will ship? A date actually?

This Q1 Q2..... thing is starting to piss me off. Q2 should start in April not in Febuary or March. I've got stuff shipping this week that was not supposed to until Q2. WTF!! And not that I don't want my SSC stuff, but come on. I need a little more notice to either pay for this stuff or pay some bills.

There are no dates sickboy. Sideshow projects out their dates because they have a process of having the factory send back samples before a final production piece is approved, and depending on how much they need to work with the factory to get an acceptable production model can delay or speed up shipping of an item.

It's par for the course with them so you'll just have to learn to manage your collectibles finances accordingly.

Q2 doesn't start until April, whatever they have shipping that wasn't supposed to come until then must have been done earlier than they expected. If you look on the flexpay I think it gives what months you will be making payments so you'll at least know you won't be getting it any sooner than the month of your last payment is due.

Hey, I complete understand that part of it MaulFan, but when I am saving to start paying for stuff in Q2, well, that's when I expect to have the money together, not in the middle of Q1. That's all.

And I'm new to actualy buying stuff. But after getting my first 3 pieces, I can see this is gonna be a problem for quite a long time. lol

Back