Dude by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Dude parts today (that sounds so bad, lol.) Perfection! I also have most of my parts for Walter now too. I cannot wait for this weekend! I'm gonna spend Friday night "playing" in my office. Paint fumes, The Big Lebowski and Pizza. I know how to live, lol. Oh, I almost forgot to mention that Rainman also included a really neat bonus item. A keychain with tiny sculptures of The Dude and Walter, two bowling pins and a bowling ball. (All part of the keychain, not seperate larger items) The detail is so incredible, but so small, I don't know how he does it. Kudos to you good sir, and your team. I will buy from you again in the future! Of course I will post pics when I put them all together.

Oh, before I forget, who does all of those great custom figure stand decals? I want to get two specifically done in the Hot Toys style. Jeffery "The Dude" Lebowski & Walter Sobchak for the name plaques and the logo for the bases themselves.

Last edited:
I'm not offended that they go well, so much as I am that someone who has no intention but to resell the items for profit is considered a VIP.

I just have a little more respect for Rainman's art then to see it as an oppurtunity to make some spare cash.

i must say, i agree with this statement. I remember hydeous always being really excited about rainmans newest projects in the interest threads. I realize that times are tough and these are expensive pieces, i just hope, like you, that these are only being sold for nescessity and not just bought in the interest of flipping. thats not cool for rainman, or the dozens of folks that barely missed out the first time around

i must say, i agree with this statement. I remember hydeous always being really excited about rainmans newest projects in the interest threads. I realize that times are tough and these are expensive pieces, i just hope, like you, that these are only being sold for nescessity and not just bought in the interest of flipping. thats not cool for rainman, or the dozens of folks that barely missed out the first time around

This is a public forum, and I thought I dont really need to explain pesonal problems, but as I mentioned a few months back with Tim (snake eater), as much as I want to buy and keep my prized figures and collectibles, I can only keep 1 rainman figure it was between fighter v2 and the dude (before it has arrived).

After months of deciding and having the 2 figures, I finally decided that I want to keep the v2 fighter instead. Even though they both meant quite a lot to me, the v2 Tyler weighs in a bit more personally.

I hope that I dont offend Rainman, or other folks, and if I did, I sincerely apologize :(

This is a public forum, and I thought I dont really need to explain pesonal problems, but as I mentioned a few months back with Tim (snake eater), as much as I want to buy and keep my prized figures and collectibles, I can only keep 1 rainman figure it was between fighter v2 and the dude (before it has arrived).

After months of deciding and having the 2 figures, I finally decided that I want to keep the v2 fighter instead. Even though they both meant quite a lot to me, the v2 Tyler weighs in a bit more personally.

I hope that I dont offend Rainman, or other folks, and if I did, I sincerely apologize :(

Not that I have to 'get Mikes back' here but I can vouch for this.

Although I was sincerely hoping it was the Tyler that had to go....to me. :(

:lol

Yeah, really. I would like to buy more from him in the future, but I'd also like to keep breathing. If I spent that kind of money on a single figure my wife would kill me. Oh, thanks for the info on Evilface, I appreciate it. I had seen his stuff before which is outstanding, but I forgot his screen name, lol. Again, I'll post pics of my progress as soon as I have any to show.

Yeah, really. I would like to buy more from him in the future, but I'd also like to keep breathing. If I spent that kind of money on a single figure my wife would kill me.

All Rainman has to do now is make the eye's movable and
have Harue do more clothing and he could charge $1000-1500
just like Gorae did back in the day when High end figures were
for the wealthy...:)

So maybe seperate bank accounts are needed for you and the wifeeeeee.....:rotfl

Yo, i'm selling my Rainman 'Dude' full figure #8, due to financial difficulties i'm selling off most of my figure collection.
PM me if interested with an offer i can't refuse.

Okay, serious question here gang. Where can I find a 1/6th scale YORKSHIRE TERRIER I've tried the usual channels and have come up nil. I really want to have Thurston (Cynthia's "Pomeranian") to tag along with Walter, but it is NOT an easy task. I would have thought finding dogs in the 1/6th scale would have been easier than this, :dunno but I digress.:slap Thanks as always for any help you guys (and gals) can give.

Just finished painting the fantastic dude keychain by Rainman for my buddy Teddy Daniels hope you guys like it?

img4451kt.jpg

img4452v.jpg

That is awesome Gregg! I really want to have mine painted, I just haven't been able to free up any funds with all the awesome releases coming out :slap And I'm fairly sure that I couldn't bring myself to use it for its intended purpose :lol

Back