Dude by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey guys, I finally got my Dude back from the painter and was assembling him with a HT narrow shoulder body and the pegs for the shoes are way too small. the shoes don't pop into them like on the other 1/6 figures I have.

am I missing something? I took the peg out and the shoes fit nicely around the ankles of the figure but are loose and fall of in a few seconds of picking him up.

did everybody glue the peg into the shoes? Really want to get him set up in the Detolf tonight.
thanks for an help on the matter

I hope this helps:
untitled_11_art1690.jpg

I am using the Kevin Flynn body myself, and I am making special inserts for the shoes to accomadate the foot pegs as I also plan to sculpt his jellies onto his bare feet. I'm also working on a pattern to make his baseball shirt, having some trouble with the collar though, I need to contact Rainman's tailors, or failing that Kato, lol.

wow. that is a great idea. you must have been one of those kids that took everything apart to see how it worked. very very helpful.
love this forum.

Thanks Dudes

I was and am one of those kids/adults, and you are most welcome. Though I can't take credit for the pics. I believe they were taken/ posted by Raiman himself originally. Though it is the kind of thing I would have done. I love to help whenever I can. :1-1: Oh, and btw if you have an extra pair of shoes you could always cut off the front of the shoes and the sand the joint adapter down until it fits within The Dude's shoes.

Lebowski Fest 'The Big Lebowski' cast reunion: Watch it live here!

BluRay out today as well!

IMG_3481.jpg

Watched it. Did the sound engineers not test the audio by sitting in the seats? Morons! It seemed like the actors were insulted and uncomfortable.

Watched it. Did the sound engineers not test the audio by sitting in the seats? Morons! It seemed like the actors were insulted and uncomfortable.

Yes, agreed, something was up with the sound and they were constantly talking about it. Still, nice to see them all together and there were some funny moments. I really wish the Coen Brothers decide to make a sequel, the entire cast is up to it, which is very cool.

Best buy has the Blu ray for $16.99 and a t-shirt for $9.
They have a deal if you buy one more movie-Fast Times,Blues Bros, Animal House, Phil or something, then you get the t-shirt for free.

Hey gang, just wanted to update you all on my Walter Sobchak project. I am finished with the head and if all goes well I'll be molding it up this weekend. Then I can finally send it and my Dude head off to Greggo! Here are the pics:
Head Sculpt:
HPIM1365-1.jpg

Full figure (so far):
HPIM1366-2.jpg

The head is NOT attached yet, lol. I'm still working on his glasses.

So not to derail this thread anymore than I already have, I will start a new one of my own to show pics when I'm finished with Mr. Sobchak. I return you now to your respective elements.

Awesome. Came out really nice.
Looking good mate!! Looking forward to seeing it painted up.

Thanks guys! I am looking forward to seeing it painted up as well. On a Dude related note. I am currently working on sandaled version of Dudes feet. I also wanted to ask has anyone thought about trying to make the Kaoru Betto (The Gentleman of Baseball) shirt that the Dude wears in the scene where he finds out about Bunny being kidnapped? Would anyone else be interested in those? I am going to make one for myself I think, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Any ideas?

Back