Duckgoo's GG ROTJ Luke Custom vs. SS ROTJ Luke (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think both Luke sculpts have great qualities. The GG one certainly looks more majestic and how I would picture a Jedi Knight, but Sideshow's sure is a deadringer for Hamill.

A lot of people seem to want their figure to look how they feel their character should look in real life... but I'm afraid I have to go with what I see on screen. And in that aspect.... SS wins. It's the only sculpt that I own (other than Maul) that I havent messed with and tried to make better.

Oh, but you should...
Seriously.
If you could just close that silly mouth and give the eyes a more stern expression, it would make wonders for that figure!

I don't care if Luke stumbled around dazed and confused for most of the movie, the expression looks silly and is very difficult to use for any type of pose.

"Cool, I got my Luke, I'll pose him with light-saber ready to hack off his father's hand! Uhmm, wait, no that doesn't look right. Oh, I know! I'll pose him fighting off Jabba's evil henchmen while Han mumbles and stumbles in the background! Errrr, nah, maybe not. Let's see... yes! I know! He'll look killer next to the emperor (when SST decides to do one) reaching for his light-saber! Oops, no that won't look good either.

Ok, then I'll pose him holding hands with Leia surrounded by Ewoks! Yey!
Hey, I got another idea! I can have him sitting next to Han looking off into the endless void of space! Wow!"

Great likeness, most incredibly stupid decision regarding expression I've ever seen.

abake said:
Oh, but you should...
Seriously.
If you could just close that silly mouth and give the eyes a more stern expression, it would make wonders for that figure!

I don't care if Luke stumbled around dazed and confused for most of the movie, the expression looks silly and is very difficult to use for any type of pose.

"Cool, I got my Luke, I'll pose him with light-saber ready to hack off his father's hand! Uhmm, wait, no that doesn't look right. Oh, I know! I'll pose him fighting off Jabba's evil henchmen while Han mumbles and stumbles in the background! Errrr, nah, maybe not. Let's see... yes! I know! He'll look killer next to the emperor (when SST decides to do one) reaching for his light-saber! Oops, no that won't look good either.

Ok, then I'll pose him holding hands with Leia surrounded by Ewoks! Yey!
Hey, I got another idea! I can have him sitting next to Han looking off into the endless void of space! Wow!"

Great likeness, most incredibly stupid decision regarding expression I've ever seen.

Abake - thanks for summing up my feeling about SS Luke!!!:D

You hit the nail on the head.

Back