Duckgoo's GG ROTJ Luke Custom vs. SS ROTJ Luke (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pics work now! I have to agree, the GG ROTJ Luke bust just doesn't look like Luke IMHO. Which is unfortunate because a lot of their sculpts are really good. I like the body look on the custom better but if we are going by sculpt, its SSC all the way.

I have to say Sideshow's sculpt looks more like Luke, but it's shame how he is stuck with that goofy expression. The figure could've been perfect if they didn't give him the Keanu Reeves "whoa" look.

To me (and I'm not trying to be a smart ass here) the GG sculpt looks kinda like Giovanni Ribsi.

Wow, I am surprised that everyone loves the Sideshow sculpt!

I guess beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.

Ok, move on to the next project.

The pics don't really do the GG sculpt justice. The features and paint opps are miles ahead of the Sideshow figure.

The open mouth expression on the Sideshow kills it for me. Why on earth would you have a figure with his mouth half opened. You will be hard pressed to find another figure like that. None of the other Star Wars figures have their mouths opened. There's a good reason why.

I like most of the Sideshow's offerings and I am a fan, but I just can't support the Luke figure.

Apparently I am the only one who feels this way. Oh well!

I fully believe that GG is the sculpt and paint apps that are lacking. The reason for the open mouth is that it is pretty accurate to Luke through a nice chunk of Jedi.

SS > GG

Someone needs to watch the Star Wars Trilogy and vidcap every time Luke has his mouth open like the SS figure. I bet one photobucket account wouldn't be able to hold the pictures.

Seriously, watch Star Wars and take a shot of Jack Daniel's every time Luke has his mouth open. I bet you won't be awake when you get to the Battle of Hoth! :D

Sideshow's is much better likeness, he just has a big melon!! The head needs to be a little smaller.

Shropt said:
Someone needs to watch the Star Wars Trilogy and vidcap every time Luke has his mouth open like the SS figure. I bet one photobucket account wouldn't be able to hold the pictures.

Seriously, watch Star Wars and take a shot of Jack Daniel's every time Luke has his mouth open. I bet you won't be awake when you get to the Battle of Hoth! :D
:lol

Luke's SS expression never-ever bugged me. It looks like he is about to do something or say something.

Shropt said:

Dude that was freaking funny. You might not make it out of Mos Eisley if you use Jack. :rotfl

Shropt said:

UPS just delivered the GG minibust and what's on the back of the box? A shot from Jabba's palace of Hamill with his mouth wide open.

I prefer the GG version, he looks more mature and serious.
SS Luke has a stupid expression. It may be accurate to Hamill's tendency
to leave his piehole open but that doesnt mean it translates well into a 1/6th sculpt.
Bottom line the GG version looks like a jedi who could take on Vader and the Emperor, SS Luke looks like hes ogling his sister in Jabbas palace.:monkey5

Spartan Rex said:
SS Luke looks like hes ogling his sister in Jabbas palace.:monkey5

He wasn't? I thought he was, he was playing with a boner...i mean a bone shortly after he saw her ;)

Back