Dub-Ya: The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...i can't watch now it without thinking about our men and women who lost their lives without knowing a true agenda in iraq.

I love it when people speak in behalf of our soldiers...talk to them and you will learn otherwise...

But...back on topic....

I've honestly never understood the hatred for film makers like Stone who use their medium to voice their opinions on politics, etc. Isn't that what the medium is for? He's not shoving anything "down our throats" or "forcing his beliefs on the public"

My problem with them is when people think of those movies has "historical" or when teachers show the movies in class and then discuss them as if they were 100% true...If they are done for entertainment that is another thing...but how many times do you hear actors or other celebrities quoting these politcal movies as fact...

Don't get me wrong I have no love for Dub-ya. I will be glad when he's gone from the white house. But I think this movie is taking it a little far. we know the Stone is as left wing as you can get. There is no way this is going to be objective. That would be okay if this piece was not meant to be a bio pic. Stone might prove me wrong it might be an unbiased picture, but I doubt it.

They say that there is a liberal bias in the media. I believe that is true,now. I don't think there was one. til people stared questioning his policies and he started labeling us as unpatriotic.

on a side note I painted a piece about the war a couple of years ago, when he was still popular, and everyone didn't think there was a problem with the war. One lady got so mad she stormed out of the art show opening.

you can see it here.
https://artistrex.deviantart.com/art/Worth-the-cost-65606233

never thought i'd see stone make a monster movie. bush is the absolute bar none worst president in our country's history. he's a war monger operating under the guise of fighting a war on terror. hello??? terror is not an enemy, it's definition is a state of intense fear, one that inspires fear and a cause of anxiety. the plan is to keep everyone scared (just watch the news), so we invest in defense spending while buying up everything in sight here in america. but one day that son of a biatch will be shoveling coal into the fires of hell while getting the pineapple treatment like hitler. he also has a built in assassination failsafe, cheney as vice-president.

bush_hitler02.jpg

Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Harry S Truman
Dwight Eisenhower
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Lyndon Baines Johnson
Ronald Reagan

Add those names to your warmongering list.
JFK, made a martyr just because he was assassinated, almost sent the US to WWIII. Got us involved into Vietnam.

There's been mention that FDR knew Pearl would be attacked.

There're notes that provided a scenario for the US gov't to use commercial planes, kill civilians, and place the blame on someone else so that a war or strike can be authorized with little to no question... back in the 60s, a la JFK/LBJ.

What was the Korean War for?

What was the cause that help topple Communism other than arms-building enough weaponry to destroy the world more than 20 times?

Why drop a bomb on a non-military designated target?

Why continue to send troops to a war that had nothing to do with national security or defined interests?

Not saying that GW is the best or worst, but if you want to bandwagon or from your own view, a dislike for a standing President of the United States, consider everyone else. If he was so bad, why did he get a second term?

G. W. Bush keeps getting labelled an idiot. Who's more of the idiot? THe guy in power, or the people who dislike him, yet put him there?

I love it when people speak in behalf of our soldiers...talk to them and you will learn otherwise...

But...back on topic....

soldiers are programmed to follow orders, so you won't hear them speak out while serving overseas. but they sure have a different story to tell when returning to the u.s.

i have a relative that served over 30 months in iraq and recently returned. he tells me that morale is very low. they don't know their objective and 'democracy in the middle east' and 'the war against terror' just aren't good enough excuses to be there anymore.

i just love it when people are right on the pulse of current events and their source of information is what's reported by the media. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Harry S Truman
Dwight Eisenhower
John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Lyndon Baines Johnson
Ronald Reagan

Add those names to your warmongering list.
JFK, made a martyr just because he was assassinated, almost sent the US to WWIII. Got us involved into Vietnam.

There's been mention that FDR knew Pearl would be attacked.

There're notes that provided a scenario for the US gov't to use commercial planes, kill civilians, and place the blame on someone else so that a war or strike can be authorized with little to no question... back in the 60s, a la JFK/LBJ.

What was the Korean War for?

What was the cause that help topple Communism other than arms-building enough weaponry to destroy the world more than 20 times?

Why drop a bomb on a non-military designated target?

Why continue to send troops to a war that had nothing to do with national security or defined interests?

Not saying that GW is the best or worst, but if you want to bandwagon or from your own view, a dislike for a standing President of the United States, consider everyone else. If he was so bad, why did he get a second term?

G. W. Bush keeps getting labelled an idiot. Who's more of the idiot? THe guy in power, or the people who dislike him, yet put him there?

try staying in the stratosphere of the topic. W. we have the biggest deficit in our nation's history. gas prices are at an all time high. the economy is in a recession heading towards a depression. and you don't know if bush is the worse president of all time? seems like you're in denial, but you'll get a swift reminder of the facts next time you go to the pumps.

didn't we see you running the opposite way of these true american heroes? stick to marvel heroes, reality seems to be too much for you to handle.

Nicolas Cage and Oliver Stone are true american heroes? Interesting, I didn't know I was watching real footage. That changes the entire movie.

P.S. Marvel sucks right next to Stone

Nicolas Cage and Oliver Stone are true american heroes? Interesting, I didn't know I was watching live action. That changes the entire movie.

huh? the movie world trade center is based on TRUE events. the real heroes are the men and women, firefighters, police officers and emergency personnel that lost their lives in the collapse of the twin towers in nyc on september 11. the movie has actors and the events aren't live action.

what you smokin' over there? :confused:

ps: go back to school. your reading comprehension needs work.

huh? the movie world trade center is based on TRUE events. the real heroes are the men and women, firefighters, police officers and emergency personnel that lost their lives in the collapse of the twin towers in nyc on september 11. the movie has actors and the events aren't live action.

what you smokin' over there? :confused:

ps: go back to school. your reading comprehension needs work.

LMAO, thanks for the explanation. You must have your sarcasm radar off. My point is a terrible movie and not liking it has nothing to do with respect for the real deal which for some reason you seem to think so with your I must have been running the other way comment. Which ironically enough I was during the movie.

LMAO, thanks for the explanation. You must have your sarcasm radar off. My point is a terrible movie and not liking it has nothing to do with respect for the real deal which for some reason you seem to think so with your I must have been running the other way comment. Which ironically enough I was during the movie.

i have a soft spot for fire, police, emergency and our military. their jobs are mostly thankless and i've never heard of anyone making a million dollars by risking their lives to help others. it seemed in your earlier post that you didn't feel any gratitude towards these people, but i probably misread your intention. maybe i should take that class with you. :lol

A lot of things are the Bush Admins fault. But the full current state of the economy really isn't one of them. Much of this is coming home to roost from things that were put in motion before Bush even took office. Besides, the economy is always cyclical. Don't buy into the media sensationalism.

We're technically not in a recession yet, btw.

My problem with them is when people think of those movies has "historical" or when teachers show the movies in class and then discuss them as if they were 100% true...If they are done for entertainment that is another thing...but how many times do you hear actors or other celebrities quoting these politcal movies as fact...

I agree, but that's the teachers', actors' and celebrities' faults, not the film maker's.

p.s. Wofford, I do agree with you about Stone's hype, I don't think his work lives up to it. I don't fault him for it though, it's the media and the American public who have 'created' that hype (I love the example of Dave's school story).

A lot of things are the Bush Admins fault. But the full current state of the economy really isn't one of them. Much of this is coming home to roost from things that were put in motion before Bush even took office. Besides, the economy is always cyclical. Don't buy into the media sensationalism.

We're technically not in a recession yet, btw.

what constitutes a recession other than a failing economy signified by high unemployment rates, a stalled housing market, home values dropping like a stone, the biggest deficit in our country's history, the highest gas prices ever, the highest food prices ever....the list goes on. i thought the country took alan greenspan's opinion seriously, so much so that the stock market drops and rises on his reports on the economy. wasn't he the one that said we are in a recession and added don't shoot the messenger?

I'd like to know what constitutes a "technical" recession too. :)

A Recession is a decline in the country's real gross domestic product (GDP), or negative economic growth, for two or more successive fiscal quarters of a year.

The economy has slowed down tremendously. But we haven't had two negative quarters in a row since the dotcom crash and 9/11 (when things were actually MUCH worse, except for the price of gas at the pump).

Last edited:
A Recession is a decline in the country's real gross domestic product (GDP), or negative economic growth, for two or more successive fiscal quarters of a year.

The economy has slowed down tremendously. But we haven't had two negative quarters in a row since the dotcom crash and 9/11 (when things were actually MUCH worse).

MUCH worse than now? :lol i've found that for every ying in our society, there's an equal and opposite yang. you can take one step forward and two steps back every quarter, and it wouldn't qualify as an official recession, but see where that will lead our country. does everyone running our government have brain damage?

rs.jpg

MUCH worse than now? :lol i've found that for every ying in our society, there's an equal and opposite yang. you can take one step forward and two steps back every quarter, and it wouldn't qualify as an official recession, but see where that will lead our country. does everyone running our government have brain damage?

Yes, it was worse. The major exceptions are gas prices and the housing market/mortgage crash, the latter of which is a result of things that started about 15 years ago.

It's expedient to blame everything on Bush. And, truth be told, he's done a lot of crappy things and made many mistakes and bad decisions. I would call his Presidency a bad one, definitely. But I think people are too quick to shape things based on their own personal political leanings... lead of course by the American media. The image you quoted is a perfect example.

The fact that many folks are running around saying "we're in a recession" when they don't even know what a recession is... that's pretty telling.

Back