Dub-Ya: The Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH BROTHER, someone is desperate to get back into the headlines...

Stone did one good movie...Platoon, this is going to be another failure of a movie like Tom Cruises movie, Lambs and Lions or something like that...

I'm ashamed that the Dixie Chick's are from Danny's and Bannisters home state!!! :banana

Salvador was a great movie. Wall Street was a great movie. Natural Born Killers was an interestingly visual movie. Born on the 4th of July won Cruise an Oscar. Alexander was an interestingly visual movie.

Mr. Stone spoke to my class at school and he was a charming and articulate speaker. He accidentally knocked over a glass of water - no one thought anything of it. The next day in the Hollywood Reporter it reported that Oliver Stone was high on drugs and throwing things when he spoke to a group of students.

Firstly, there was no one there but us students, about 35 of us. So how they got information about it was a mystery. But that an innocent accident was construed as a potheaded tirade made it all the more ridiculous.

Stone may be off-center, but no one serious about film questions that he's one of our more interesting filmmakers.

PLEASE let's keep this on-topic about the film!

I, for one, am looking forward to a new Oliver Stone comedy in the vein of Natural Born Killers and Wall Street.

hard to take a comedy about bush. i enjoyed comedy central's lil bush but as the novelty wore off, so did the enjoyment. i can't watch now it without thinking about our men and women who lost their lives without knowing a true agenda in iraq.

can you imagine this scene.....

w and laura standing in a restaurant. everyone dead except two people. then w says...," who's the lucky one?" and laura says, "eeny, meany, miney, mo, catch an iraqi by the toe, if he hollers, let him go..:, all the while w pointing a gun between an iraqi dressed with towel headpiece or a u.s.soldier dressed in desert fatigues. :horror

245628~Natural-Born-Killers-Posters.jpg

Wow..didnt know about this movie....Cant wait to see it...NATURAL BORN KILLER WAS THE SHAT BACK THEN.

Salvador was a great movie. Wall Street was a great movie. Natural Born Killers was an interestingly visual movie. Born on the 4th of July won Cruise an Oscar. Alexander was an interestingly visual movie.

Forget about JFK? That was an amazing movie, my favorite of his.

Platoon, Wall Street, The Doors, Born on the Fourth of July, Natural Born Killers, and of coarse JFK are some of my favorites.
Nixon, Alexander, and World Trade Center are alright, but not nearly as good as the others listed above. If anything, The Bush movie should be interesting.

Forget about JFK? That was an amazing movie, my favorite of his.

Platoon, Wall Street, The Doors, Born on the Fourth of July, Natural Born Killers, and of coarse JFK are some of my favorites.
Nixon, Alexander, and World Trade Center are alright, but not nearly as good as the others listed above. If anything, The Bush movie should be interesting.

Actually my favorite is Salvador, followed by Platoon and then Wall Street. The others I just couldn't get into that much although I admire Natural Born Killers for how outrageous it is.

Actually my favorite is Salvador, followed by Platoon and then Wall Street. The others I just couldn't get into that much although I admire Natural Born Killers for how outrageous it is.

I don't know if I've ever seen Salvador, I'll have to rent it someday.

IrishJedi said:
JFK features the best artistry in Film Editing and Film Stock usage in the history of modern cinema.
:rock
The JFK Editing is truly amazing. I usually hate flashy editing, but it's perfect in JFK. It really heightens the feeling of paranoia.

I'm a big fan of JFK, Born on the 4th of July, Platoon and Wall Street. I'll have to check out Salvador. I even kinda liked Any Given Sunday and I HATE football. Wasn't a fan of Alexander although there were 1 or 2 sequences that were visually brilliant.

I've honestly never understood the hatred for film makers like Stone who use their medium to voice their opinions on politics, etc. Isn't that what the medium is for? He's not shoving anything "down our throats" or "forcing his beliefs on the public" (those kinds of criticisms always make me laugh). He's an artist with an opinion, and he (gasp!) makes films that reflect those opinions, sometimes passionately. And that's all they are (and are ever meant to be): fictional OPINIONS. If you're looking for historical accuracy in a movie theater, you're looking in the wrong place (no matter WHO's directing the picture). It's just a movie. There are so many Oliver Stone haters that will go see this movie, already knowing they will hate it, just to have another excuse to throw stones... Some people simply ENJOY using Stone as a punching bag.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of JFK, Born on the 4th of July, Platoon and Wall Street. I'll have to check out Salvador. I even kinda liked Any Given Sunday and I HATE football. Wasn't a fan of Alexander although there were 1 or 2 sequences that were visually brilliant.

I've honestly never understood the hatred for film makers like Stone who use their medium to voice their opinions on politics, etc. Isn't that what the medium is for? He's not shoving anything "down our throats" or "forcing his beliefs on the public" (those kinds of criticisms always make me laugh). He's an artist with an opinion, and he (gasp!) makes films that reflect those opinions, sometimes passionately. And that's all they are (and are ever meant to be): fictional OPINIONS. If you're looking for historical accuracy in a movie theater, you're looking in the wrong place (no matter WHO's directing the picture). It's just a movie. There are so many Oliver Stone haters that will go see this movie, already knowing they will hate it, just to have another excuse to throw stones... Some people simply ENJOY using Stone as a punching bag.

No doubt there are plenty of people who fall into this category. I however, despite his opinion or politics just don't think he's worth the hype in his field. If it weren't for all the controversy that follows him, I honestly don't think any of his films would recieve the praise they do. Mediocre at best. Just my opinion.

It was wonderful. I really enjoyed the part where Jesus was handing out Aquafina.:monkey1

didn't we see you running the opposite way of these true american heroes? stick to marvel heroes, reality seems to be too much for you to handle.

Back