Drive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might hear one comparing this to a Tarantino film, but leave all worries at the door, al.

I don't know why one would be "worried" about it being compared to Tarantino.

I made that comparison, but it has nothing to really to do with the style, subject matter or that it really even bears a resemblance to a QT film. But that both filmmakers obviously have a deep love, respect and knowledge of film history and have taken references and inspiration from what might be considered "Cheesy" source material. Just as QT was inspired by exploitation movies of the 60s-70s, Refn obviously has a love of the 80-90s films crime/action films. Both directors have taken this inspiration and elevated it to a new level.

It'll be hard to top this one in 2011.

Quite simply won't be beaten this year!

Drive 9.5/10

What a superb film and without trying hard to be.

A classic hero film.

Gosling pitched his performance perfectly!

The surrounding cast were exceptional.

Nice... can't wait to see it...

Also can't wait to see Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. I have a feeling both of these will be my top films of the yr

This movie get's better after a second viewing, this film will be shown in film history classes in the future i think. I love the 80's feel even though its set in the present

Was Christina Hendricks good in this? Is she in it a lot?

She wasn't in it a great deal. Maybe 15 mins? She played her part well, IMO, but again, she didn't really have a lot of screen time, making it a little difficult to judge.

Was Christina Hendricks good in this? Is she in it a lot?

her role in the movie was quite small and theres not much acting for her to do in this movie. she was on the screen for about 10 minutes 5 of those minutes were spent crying.

Wow. This movie wasn't what I was expecting. Very anticlimactic scenes, didn't care for any of the characters and hardly any good driving scenes. It was ok but 10/10's pffft. I'd give it a 7 and that's generous.

The trailer is what made me want to see the movie. It grabbed my attention, but after watching it, I still couldn't quite figure out what it was about. It sparked my interest, to say the least. I didn't think it was too revealing.

I'm looking forward to seeing this also.
I like the vibe the trailer gives off and from what I've heard of the soundtrack I'm going to enjoy that too. I've always liked Gosling as an actor so I'm sure I'll like this film.

Thought it was a pretty good movie. Loved the tone and pace. Amazing soundtrack and cinematography.

Driver reminded so much of Marion Cobretti from Cobra. Gosling even has the same eyes and look as Stallone. Toothpick as well lol.

LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the score!!! the soundtrack!!!!! Goslin!!! Great freakingmovie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know a movie is good when you watch it again and notice new things. And coming up with different theories as to why certain characters do what they do in the movie.

Back