Drive

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

I vehemently disagree. It's ****ing awful. Like extremely awful. So is Only God Forgives.

I disagree. There's good stuff in both those films. Like Valhalla Rising & Bronson they're abstract pieces. The problem for me is that they're too oblique, specifically OGF - which could have been great had it been given the structure Refn gave Drive. There's a great film buried under the oddities of OGF.

TND I think is the better of the two and a pretty good attempt at a stylized Horror film.

My hope is that Refn leaves behind the abstract again and returns to more concise storytelling. His new spy thriller/Yakuza movie The Avenging Silence is being penned by some Bond writers so maybe they'll keep him grounded and less esoteric.

-Even though a part of me wishes a sequel never gets made, if any film had the potential to pull a Godfather Part II I think this would be it. If Refn and Gosling and the rest of the crew could reconvene the way Coppola did and recapture the magic, a hypothetical Drive 2 could be riveting.

We kind of got a "spiritual" sequel already, but it would be nice to see the Driver in another film.

The sequel should take place in Miami, IMO. It'd be the perfect setting for the character and a good place to continue the 80's vibe from the original film, assuming a sequel continues that style and not move in a different direction stylistically.

I feel Drive is good, but pretty overrated. Best thing about it is Albert Brooks. More Albert Brooks roles, please. I saw Only God Forgives and thought it was even more pretentious than Drive, which is saying something. Neon Demon isn't of interest to me. . .unless Albert Mother****ing Brooks is in it, of course.

Back