Dream Warriors Freddy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

Do you know, the Chest of Souls never once occurred to me...

It looks sweet - and the more people who are put off by it, the easier it'll be for me to get one next friday....

BEST FREDDY EVER !!!!! DONT BUY THIS FIGURE. LEAVE IT TO ME !!!!!!

I'm not saying it's not killer or that Iwon't order it (sorry, guys), but I think it's a missed opportunity to fix some of the issues with the original.

thats cool Mikey... you're standards are probaly higher than mine because you can probably make a better one. but considering i only have the Freddy vs. Jason freddy i have soemthing else to look forward to. :monkey2 :monkey2

I don't have super-high standards when it comes to how it looks "out of the box", but I know that we could get the knitted sweater because we got one with Pammy. We could get the correct navy pants because the PF has em, why not the 12"? The fringe on the sweater looks just plain dippy. And it's the same one on your FVJ, on the original, and on the Springwood Slasher version. That's three out of four total Freddy figures that comes with the exact same clothing, from the hat to the boots. Even the hands are the same.
I think, considering how careful they've been with making sure each Jason is unique as a whole, they could do the same thing with Freddy, seeing as there are even fewer opportunities to make a different looking Freddy.
I love the chest of souls, and I'm intrigued by the new sculpt, but I still feel, in light of Sideshow's devotion to uniqueness amongst each and every figure, DW Freddy could have been much more than a new head and a rubber chest.

Oh God! I just realised how much I want this one and there is only 1000!!!

I really hope I get this one.... this is my 'MUST HAVE'!!!!!!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Customikey said:
I don't have super-high standards when it comes to how it looks "out of the box", but I know that we could get the knitted sweater because we got one with Pammy. We could get the correct navy pants because the PF has em, why not the 12"? The fringe on the sweater looks just plain dippy. And it's the same one on your FVJ, on the original, and on the Springwood Slasher version. That's three out of four total Freddy figures that comes with the exact same clothing, from the hat to the boots. Even the hands are the same.
I think, considering how careful they've been with making sure each Jason is unique as a whole, they could do the same thing with Freddy, seeing as there are even fewer opportunities to make a different looking Freddy.
I love the chest of souls, and I'm intrigued by the new sculpt, but I still feel, in light of Sideshow's devotion to uniqueness amongst each and every figure, DW Freddy could have been much more than a new head and a rubber chest.

Well lets see:

We have a 12" Anakin Skywalker Figure.
Then we have a 12" Darth Vader which is just Anakin with some repainted eyes and dark eyeshadow.

Now we get a Freddy that has a all new awesome looking head sculpt and some wicked looking screaming abs.

It's ok with Anakin/Vader but not with Freddy?

Sure I'd like a knitted sweater, but I could get mom to make me one if I thought the world would end without it.

PsychoCenobite said:
Just a minute! Wasn't the 'Chest of Souls' from Nightmare 4?! :confused:

"You have their powers but I have their souls!"

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Well, actually... funny you ask... The chest of souls was actually in both 3 and 4. Freddy shows it briefly at the end of the flick in 3, when the "warriors" all show up in the dreamscape to save the mute kid.

And it does appear in 4 as well, though I forget the circumstances.

Shaihulud said:
BEST FREDDY EVER !!!!! DONT BUY THIS FIGURE. LEAVE IT TO ME !!!!!!

Finally someone shares my exact same feelings.....There wasn't much support for him yesterday, but there seems to be MUCH more today.....I 'am happy to see more people likeing this new Freddy....

Sideshow Dooley said:
I think the exclusive should be the soundtrack from Dokken!:D
something tells me the sculptor has shown his face
oh yeah :rock

please tell us you have a ton of horror work coming down the pipe Dooley. PLEASE!! for the luvagod :D

Sideshow Dooley said:
I think the exclusive should be the soundtrack from Dokken!:D

Hey, Dooley..Whats the new Jason they made you sculpt ??? Part 8 ?? part 5 ?? Uber- Jason ???

kingdarkness03 said:
Finally someone shares my exact same feelings.....There wasn't much support for him yesterday, but there seems to be MUCH more today.....I 'am happy to see more people likeing this new Freddy....

King...Last evening/night, I was working so I didnt have the chance to read the newsletter or post my comments here...This morning when I saw this Freddy I WAS IN AWE !!!! I really think it will be Sideshow's best Freddy..The head sculpt looks to be his best one so far and That chest of souls, come on guys:IT IS AWECORE !!! About the sweater:those who dont like the fringe, just cut it !!! Man, for me this figure has the potential of being a ''MUST-BUY-AT-LEAST-FIVE-OF-HIM''...like Jason part 3...lollllll

And to think some people are buying Sideshow figures just for Star wars stuff.... :rolleyes:
See you at the preorder folks....

I really had high hopes this figure was going to be sort of run of the mill. Then I opened up the newsletter today only to be faced with some wicked looking screaming abs.

Consider this my change of heart!

Gotta have this figure!

Ahh...first of all I didn't know this "Freddy" was going to be a SDCC Exlcusive till I went to the new building for a visit. By the way the new building is nothing short of AMAZING! I'm really glad the new "Freddy" is getting a warm reception! Those screaming abs we're tough. Try and beat that "Ab Lounge"!
I'd like to do Jason#8 or Uber-Jason. But no such luck yet. I wish I could say I'm up to my eyes in horror, but I'm in a galaxy far, far away...:emperor

It's a good change for me. I'm having a blast working on all these fun SW characters. I think you'll really like what the future holds. Until then, that's all I can say. I think I'm going to be at SDCC? So stop by the booth ( it's the REALLY BIG ONE) and say hi!:r2d2line
Watch out for those Zombies man!
Dooley

Back