Dr Who 1/6 Sontoran build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Cap, thanks Edstuff! Here are some more progress pics, ive slowed down a bit bc of the holidays, but Im still plugging along at it, everything is basecoated now, still waiting on my $%@# forearm guards, so I decided just to go ahead and paint everything and then just paint the guards when they get here, so please excuse the la k of forearm detail, it will be corrected, and the thigh and elbow and back plate are alos painted seperatly, and not attached yet. So Ive just basecoated and preshaded the figure, the coloring is a little light now, but it will darken somewhat when I go back and do the shading washes and then Ill bring oput the texture with a wee bit of drybrushing

Here are some more pics of the armor shaded and highlighted, just a light wash of games workshop nuln oil black and some dry brushing with the base colors to bring the highlights back up, Im still waiting on the forearm guards, ive orderdd stuff from overseas on ebay before but man this is taking forever, the seller has very positive reviews and it is the peak holiday season, tracking is somewhat vague, ill give the seller the benefit of the doubt but im starting to feel like I may have been screwed, oh well in the grand scheme of things Im pretty lucky(got the hot toys city hunter pred for Christmas booyahh:yess:) so Im not to torn up about it, just want to get those forearm pads on the potato drawf lol

Also where the helmet ring connects to the armor there is a large gap, I will probably use a large rubber washer from lowes to shore it out, and the back also needs the spine protector glued on, other than that and maybe adding a gun or "swagger stick" he is nearing completion, thanks again for everyones kind words and support!

And a few more for good measure, as a sidenote for anyone who may want to attempt this conversion or one similar, the batman returns rubber body suit took the games workshop paint really well. Although I did brush paint some areas black that had gotten dusty from sanding and had putty on them, and that turned shiny(a reaction between the flat acrylic paint and "new formula" rubber), when I airbrushed the main colors they adhered well and stayed flat and are holkding well, I haven't sprayed any matt varnish on them bc Im afraid of a reaction between the laqure and rubber, even though the rubber is under three layers of paint, I think Ill just handle it carefully. The gw paint ios flexible and formulated to be handled, and incedently is what some sideshow and hot toys prototype painters use , I studied their workbenches in some videos of sideshows in house figure painters.

Thanks guys! Im really loving it too, its come out a lot better than I had hoped, the colors are really pleasing to the eye. I said f$%# it and am going to mod some sideshow ninja (gijoe) arm vambraces to stand in until I get my snake eyes arm braces, and am trying to figure out the easiest way to make a gun for him, Ill have some more updates soon as he nears completion, thanks again for the praise guys!

Acid grenades! and laser monkeys, for a full frontal assault! lol thanks man, as a matter of fact I did actually add some grenades and trinkets (trinkets of war that is) around his belt, more pics coming soon!

Thanks wonderboy! Heres some of the most recent pics, with more grenades and do dads on his belt, I think I got screwed on ebay for my snake eyes forearm guards so I made some quick stand ins from the sideshow ninjas, anyways heres some pics

Back