Dr Who 1/6 Sontoran build

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much guys, it seems as if the mods have moved my thread to the customs section, fitting I guess, I do worry it will get lost in a sea that is too broad not to have its own catagories.

Anywho , time for more updates, Heres some pics of the armor in progress (still waiting on my dam snake eyes upper body armor), and some pics of the finished head

Couple of more pics of the head, and some clkose shots so you can see the texture

Hmmm wonder why it was moved? There are lots of customs in the aliens/robots section. Oh well no matter. Loving the updates man!

love this...really want to kitbash this in Victorian era garb

Oh yeah! I totally thought about casting the head and finding the suit so I could make the Christmas episode version, that had to be when I fell in love with the character(metaphoracly. . . .hes a dude, and a potato lol) I also think that episode had one of the best TARDIS reveals ever, when clara ran around the tardis and the music that was playing, just epic!

Thanks SCIFI! and Edstuff! I think they moved it because it is a complete custom, basically a ground up, not just a mod. Your right though I actually have plenty of customized figure threads, not in the customs sections. I think they get lost in there, Im a bigger fan of putting them where the respective fans would find them.

So I got my snake eyes upper armor yesterday, its perfect, I took some pics and will have more updates later tonight. The last things I have to do are finish off the upper part of his "belt", I believe I may use the predator classic calf armor instead of the ones currently on the figure. Also I am adding the hot toys snake eyes forearm armor, I need to *** some sort of elbow pads, and knee pads(already made them). I also will scratchbuild a gun for him, bc what super soldier is complete without that. Then on to the fun part of painting the body. That's when it will really come together. Thanks again for all the encouragement guys! More pics coming tonight.

Thanks Shocktrooper and Galactiboy! Im really having a lot of fun with this one.:panic::panic:

Post up plenty of build shots, I think I'm going to add the classic saltarin (Tom baker era) to my list of things to do I might have to dig out my davros sculpt to finish too :)

You are right about the calf armor. I did a google image search. Classic Predator's look damn near right on the money.

Yeah they are much closer, while im not going for total absolute accuracy, I am wanting to make it close. Heres some more progress shots

Heres a copuple more, one thing I forgot to mention is I am also going to add the thigh armor that is on the outside of the thighs, to give his lower body some more bulk and give the appearance of a stockier build

Lookin good man!
I showed the progress pics to my co-worker who's a big Dr. Who fan.
He's impressed too

Thanks Edstuff! That means a lot to me, Im almost finished with the armor, gotta add the thigh guards, forearm pieces, and new calf gaurds, I cant wait to start painting this beast, Ive primed the helmet and neck gorget and large outer shoulder pads so I should be painting those soon, they are a darker blue, almost purple so I can paint those separate from the rest of the costume. Now just wainting on those last pieces to come from the slow boat from china. . . . .:dunno . . .must have patience:impatient:

I hear ya man. I've got a couple old customs I started years ago just sitting around waiting for completion.

lol that is the way of the builder, to have a few projects sitting around that you either lost steam on or had to put aside because of life and never got back to them. I cant tell you how many ideas and half finished projects I have, doing commission works though has really trained me to finish things though, bc you have to, andc I find its the little details you can get hung up on, your often your own worst critic and if you can just compromise with yourself and move on with the project you tend to get a lot more done. Case in point the sontoran is not 100% screen accurate and I am ok with that, its close enough to make me happy and Ill have a figure of my favorite Doctor who bad guy, which they kinda are and aren't bad guys, considering the doctor worked with one towards the end. Anywho, time for some more modest updates, got my predator 1 greaves in and I like them the best, still waiting on the forearm guards(coming from Malaysia) once I get those in I can start painting the outfit!

Back