Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dr. Doom LSF!

Yes, but if they make the LSF in runs, say 25 a run, they can sell them with limited storage overhead instead of making a larger run and hoping to sell through. This maximizes profit, and when they don't have any one ordering anymore, they can retire the run and move on to another.

It's more sound business wise than what they had with the Iron Man 1/2 scale.

They haven't retired a line yet have they? How do they do it now? Are the LSF made to order or does SS make 20 or so at a time and reorder if they sell those?

more than 2k? that is just :gah: .. damnn... i probably have to think again if it's over usd 2000..

eventhough last time i bought ironman 1:2 for USD 2200 in local shops because i dont know where to get them cheap..

They haven't retired a line yet have they? How do they do it now? Are the LSF made to order or does SS make 20 or so at a time and reorder if they sell those?

No they haven't retired a line yet but this Open Edition size stuff is new.

Well, and I'm not saying this is absolutely correct but, if you're going to have an open ES then You make an initial run on the statues pre-ordered, once you've made your initial run you make batches. This allows for minimal storage overhead. If at any time you feel the Statue has run it's course you can stop making batches and retire the piece. Basically at that point however many are in the market, that's the edition size. That's the most logical execution.

It just makes sense as a business, especially with these large pieces that so very expensive, to make only as many as they can actually sell.

By the way, I'm not saying I'm in favor of it either, I'm just saying I understand it.

They are made to order. If they get 10 orders in a quarter(or whatever the cut off time is) the factory only makes those 10 orders

No they haven't retired a line yet but this Open Edition size stuff is new.

Well, and I'm not saying this is absolutely correct but, if you're going to have an open ES then You make an initial run on the statues pre-ordered, once you've made your initial run you make batches. This allows for minimal storage overhead. If at any time you feel the Statue has run it's course you can stop making batches and retire the piece. Basically at that point however many are in the market, that's the edition size. That's the most logical execution.

It just makes sense as a business, especially with these large pieces that so very expensive, to make only as many as they can actually sell.

By the way, I'm not saying I'm in favor of it either, I'm just saying I understand it.

:goodpost:
anyway, i think open edition should be cheaper because of the low risk (no overstock) that comes with it.. (hoping)

if you want it, do it. don't let the ES people stop you

Exactly brother. Even if this piece is an open ES, believe me there are not a lot of people in this world who will be having this big guy in their home because of the size and price. It's not like some random pimple faced teen walking into Wal-Mart and buying a WWE or Marvel Legends figure for $19.99. This piece is and will be VERY limited in my opinion.

Forgive me if this has been posted as I've not been through the entire thread but here's what he looks like with the mask removed.
Picture courtesy of Casey Love. Casey did mention the eyes were not yet finished in this photo.

116ce1b1.jpg

Last edited:

Forgive me if this has been posted as I've not been through the entire thread but here's what he looks like with the mask removed.
Picture courtesy of Casey Love. Casey did mention the eyes were not yet finished in this photo.

116ce1b1.jpg

Looks like they went for something in between the norms. Usually he's either completely scarred or only a tiny bit.

116ce1b1.jpg

:goodpost: Thanks for that pic, I'll look forward to scaring my kids with that in about 5 or 6 years when I possibly get him!

This Dr. Doom LSF is just bad ass. If I only have the $$$. The PF is still good but I just don't noticed it anymore.

I agree. I have seen pictures of a small room full of 1:2 and it looks ugly in my opinion. A home decorator is going to say WTF are you thinking? LOL... These LSF look amazing in a mansion...no doubt about that.

im sure some will unload, but i doubt they will start collecting LSF. these things are huge and in my opinion having a room full of 1:2 just looks to stale and you better have a 5k sq ft house for all of it.

I am at the con, can't stop staring at this bad boy. I asked most likely he will be $2500.

I agree. I have seen pictures of a small room full of 1:2 and it looks ugly in my opinion. A home decorator is going to say WTF are you thinking? LOL... These LSF look amazing in a mansion...no doubt about that.

Yeah you gonna need a large house to display them if you are getting more than 5 or they will just look really cluttered.

Back