Doomsday Maquette - Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing im worried about the negativity around the statue is it might end up produced in PVC or something if not selling well :(

I would imagined Sideshow would've advised us if that were a possibility.

I mean, there's no way they would do a bait and switch on us is there? (Sarcasm).

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-doomsday-sideshow-collectibles-3006801/

Doomsday Maquette
Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles
EXCLUSIVE NEW PROTOTYPE SHOWN
Limited Edition: TBD
$1,250
From $140.63/mo
with payment plan
Pre-order
Est. Arrival: May 2019 - Jul 2019
Limit of one per person.

Bring your DC collection to its knees and order the Doomsday Maquette today!

License
DC Comics
Type
Maquette
Materials
Polystone, Fabric
Manufacturer
Sideshow Collectibles
Artists

Martin Canale (Design & Sculpt)
Richard Luong (Design)
Ian MacDonald (Design)
Alex Pascenko (Design)
Matt Molen (Design)
Andrew Huerta (Design)
Guillermo Barbiero (Sculpt)
Chadwick Andersen (Mold & Cast)
Brenton Henriques (Mold & Cast)
Casey Love (Paint)
Tim Hanson (Costume Fabrication)
The Sideshow Design and Development Team
ADDITIONAL DETAILS & DIMENSIONS

Expected to Ship
May 2019 - Jul 2019
Item shown is a prototype. When shipped, the final production piece may differ in appearance.

Product Size
26.5" H (673.1mm) x 22" W (558.8mm) x 13" L (330.2mm)*
Product Weight
40.00 lbs (18.14 kg)*
Dimensional Weight
TBD
Int'l Dim. Weight
TBD

Attachments

• doomsday-maquette-sideshow-3006801-01.jpg
    doomsday-maquette-sideshow-3006801-01.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 121
  • doomsday-maquette-sideshow-300680-05.jpg
    doomsday-maquette-sideshow-300680-05.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 127
  • doomsday-maquette-sideshow-300680-04.jpg
    doomsday-maquette-sideshow-300680-04.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 119
  • doomsday-maquette-sideshow-3006801-03.jpg
    doomsday-maquette-sideshow-3006801-03.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 120
The Green Lantern's ring on him is the dumbest part of this statue. Price is second. Metal/ornate thigh is third.

agreed, i think the ring should be on the ground broken or partially broken along with a part of flash's cowl instead of batman's.

Like many of you here...this is a pass for me. Don't have much display space left for this big boy and the price is more than I'm willing to pay. Also, not a fan of some of the design elements on this piece.

if you want a 1/4 scale doomsday what other options do you have? Gonna wait to see what the ES is and I bet the reg will be available below $1K in time

To me this would be a fantastic piece with the EX head, superman cape and nothing else. Why complicate things

if you want a 1/4 scale doomsday what other options do you have? Gonna wait to see what the ES is and I bet the reg will be available below $1K in time

What options? How about not buy? Mr. Green currently have the money to buy, with cash, but will he? Heck no. Besides the base, there's too much going on and tired of SSC's custom touch to it. Maybe he is not into Doomsday compared to say a WW life-size bust or another Hulk life-size bust, but what SSC don't understand is that there's a lot of competition now a days.

Veteran collectors now a days have more patience than ever.

They didnt complicate things with TOT and that was epic. People want mostly comic or movie accurate why cant they keep it accurate and keep some accessories as sideshow twists that attach on and off.

I don’t mind the design too much. I like the pose better than the P1. My biggest gripe aside from the price is the extra set of toes on his feet. The size is almost right too since he was not much bigger than Superman when he first appeared.

Why in the heck is it wearing GL's ring? Did that happen in the comics at some point? I'm going to wait and see. The EX head is not a must have nor is the character for that matter. Not to mention, the price is insane. This is not a Thanos on throne. The only character I could see paying another $1,200 for is Darkseid on throne.

Why in the heck is it wearing GL's ring? Did that happen in the comics at some point? I'm going to wait and see. The EX head is not a must have nor is the character for that matter. Not to mention, the price is insane. This is not a Thanos on throne. The only character I could see paying another $1,200 for is Darkseid on throne.

If he ever got a ring, it was one of the other colors. There’s no way in hell that a Green ring would ever choose Doomsday

Oh man ...that reminds me ...SSC really needs to revisit Darkseid. They need to give him the Thanos on Throne treatment. He doesn't have to be on a throne, but he needs a better sculpt, pose and paint. Need a 1/4 scale Darkseid statue ...like, right now.

Oh man ...that reminds me ...SSC really needs to revisit Darkseid. They need to give him the Thanos on Throne treatment. He doesn't have to be on a throne, but he needs a better sculpt, pose and paint. Need a 1/4 scale Darkseid statue ...like, right now.
Yes, please.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back