Don Cheadle replaces Howard in "Iron Man" sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's like recasting all but one of the main characters in mortal kombat 2. At the end of the first one you had all of the heroes saying bring it on, then at the beginning of the 2nd one its all new people except for Robin Shou. Ok, it won't be THAT bad! As I always yell to my wife when I see him on the tube: MY MAN! DON CHEADLE!

I did enjoy both. and I even stated that in the ironman thread a while back. I never said TDK was the greastest movie ever. I liked ironman i just like TDK more. now drop it before you derail the thread even more.

I did enjoy both. and I even stated that in the ironman thread a while back. I never said TDK was the greastest movie ever. I liked ironman i just like TDK more. now drop it before you derail the thread even more.
Okay, sorry. You suck and I am awesome, end of story. :D

Don Cheadle will come thru fellas.

Aw man, I like Terrence Howard, excellent actor. But so is Don Cheadle, but just not the same sort of actor. TH seems more laid back and "cooler," where as DC is much more serious.

imo.. because Cheadle (while a good actor) is kinda nerdy and not really the military type. He's not imposing, not physically and not in general. Terrance Howard at least looked like a Military dude. Again, I doubt any of us would care if Cheadle had been cast in the first film, and I'm sure he'll do a great job but it's just a weird casting choice.

I think Henry Simmons would've been a perfect fit. He was on "Shark" with James Woods:
henry-simmons-entertainment-200a032707.jpg

Or Morris Chestnut:
morishgotdche.jpg

Aw man, I like Terrence Howard, excellent actor. But so is Don Cheadle, but just not the same sort of actor. TH seems more laid back and "cooler," where as DC is much more serious.

exactly... one of my favorite scenes was the airplane scene when he was all serious, then after a few drinks he's hilarious. i hate recast characters, i think that's why i hated all the original batman movies.
~~this is also why i'm extremely hesitant about the Wolverine movie and Liev Schrieber as Sabretooth. i love that dude as an actor, but the pics i've seen of him he's....a little too chubby :)rolleyes:) for the character.

Guess we will have too wait and see Cheadle's performance before we can judge
Though I think Howard should still be there

Like I mentioned before, Cheadle was actually supposed to play Rhodes but became busy with another film. Marvel originally had him in mind for the character. Physical appearance doesn't matter much to me, it's all about the acting. Even if Cheadle doesn't look the part, he'll certainly play the part damn well.

In any case, I do wish they could keep Howard on board for continuity's sake. But the change isn't a deal breaker for me. It's not like WB recasted Batman/Bruce Wayne for the potential third Bat-movie.

Although I like Don Cheadle, I much prefer Terrance Howard in the role especially since he already portrayed the character in the first Iron Man.
Stupid, greedy move on the producers part. They should've ponied up the money Howard was asking for.

I wasn't crazy about Howard. His squeaky voice bugged me. He is a good actor, though, so I would never have complained but I'm not sorry to see him go. :wave

Back