Does anyone here NOT like the super predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem these days is that kids who have seen the AVP films before they have seen the 2 original films thinks that's what a Predator is. Scar for example.

To me, Predator 1 is what Predator is to me.

To newer fans, Scar and co. are what's Predator to them.

Maybe seeing Predator and Predator 2 before seeing the more recent films might help newer fans to appreciate the original Predators films and Predator monsters.

I'm not putting the AVP films down. Each has there own unique aspects I like.

You seem to be taking this the complete utter wrong way. LIKE SRLY BRO. Nobody is saying P1 is a bad film; they're just saying how P1 didn't have the challenge that the AvP aliens had, and that he wasn't very sporting. P1 was a very good movie, and I certainly appreciate the monsters. But just not the style with which they killed people :lol

Geddit?

i remember watching predator when i was young and thinking it was such a hideous monster. Now i think they are beautiful so when I saw the superpred face he was even uglier. Not as cool or handsome as P1 but nice and ugly which is key for a decent predator. The only problem i have with the design and toys are the stupid three toed boots with no articulation. Why less toes than P1? As far as hot toys goes the beserker is far and away a better figure than the original predator. I still love the original a little more, and that is all you nay-sayers are feeling. Denial. I hope Hot Toys does a new P1 because these are the best. And the articulation is fine. No one complains about the MARK 1's articulation. That thing can barely move yet people go nuts for it. Go Hot Toys and not bad robert rodriguez and co

You seem to be taking this the complete utter wrong way. LIKE SRLY BRO. Nobody is saying P1 is a bad film; they're just saying how P1 didn't have the challenge that the AvP aliens had, and that he wasn't very sporting. P1 was a very good movie, and I certainly appreciate the monsters. But just not the style with which they killed people :lol

Geddit?

Yea avp had okay deaths but It was pg-13 so what makes them better than P1 kills? In P1 Dillon gets it good, and there is a spine pulled out. Skinned bodies etc. Avp has like people getting stabbed, then blood coming out of their mouths, almost no good alien on human kills. Yea the predators and aliens get killed in pretty cool ways but Predator and Alien were about beasts stalking humans. You're not waiting to see how the monster dies but how it kills. Avp is pure action. P1 is mostly horror.

You love debating facts, aka love being clearly wrong I noticed.And my comment wasn't even directed towards. look at the neca or hot toys figure, his name isn't Mr.Black, and why would you even want it to be? that name frankly, sucks.

How about some articles?

https://www.firstshowing.net/2010/first-look-photos-of-the-mr-black-predator-from-predators/

https://geektyrant.com/news/2010/6/14/first-look-images-of-predators-mr-black.html

He's not called Mr. Black in the script, just Black. Mr. Black was a nickname on set. Like Celtic, or Scar. It didnt stick, because people are doo doo heads and cant find the humor of a Predator called "Mister". :lol

They changed it to Bezerk later on. Frankly that name sucks. A super obvious name for a Predator. :dunno

I'm lost now.

Who actually likes the name Mr. Black and who doesn't?

Personally I don't care for either name. And, thankfully, they didn't use them in the movie. But, stuff like this needs an identifier, and so berserker is fine for that.

Personally I don't care for either name. And, thankfully, they didn't use them in the movie. But, stuff like this needs an identifier, and so berserker is fine for that.

I agree with this...the names are nothing more than a way to differentiate one Pred from another...they have never been uttered in the film. Mr. Black and Berserker are fine names, as well as Falconer, Tracker, Wolf, Scar, and so on. I'm more concerned with the creature design and the on-screen persona.

How about some articles?

https://www.firstshowing.net/2010/first-look-photos-of-the-mr-black-predator-from-predators/

https://geektyrant.com/news/2010/6/14/first-look-images-of-predators-mr-black.html

He's not called Mr. Black in the script, just Black. Mr. Black was a nickname on set. Like Celtic, or Scar. It didnt stick, because people are doo doo heads and cant find the humor of a Predator called "Mister". :lol

They changed it to Bezerk later on. Frankly that name sucks. A super obvious name for a Predator. :dunno

Well thankfully for predator fans your opinion rarely has anything to do with facts, his name is bezerker, you can call him mr. Tweeldwinks for all I care.

I agree with this...the names are nothing more than a way to differentiate one Pred from another...they have never been uttered in the film. Mr. Black and Berserker are fine names, as well as Falconer, Tracker, Wolf, Scar, and so on. I'm more concerned with the creature design and the on-screen persona.

:exactly::goodpost::clap:clap:clap

One of the songs on the official soundtrack is called 'Meet Mr. Black'. Just putting that one out there:rotfl

Haha....you little pot stirrer.

Still doesn't matter to me what they call him. I would:

1. Still buy the figure, and did.
2. Still watch the movie, and did again tonight.
3. Still not mess with him on our planet or any other for that matter.
4. Still root for the original predator in a predator fight. I'm telling you, one of these times I'm going to watch that scene and he'll win. I'll let you know how it ends from there when he does...

Mr. Black does roll off the tongue better than "the main bad guy Predator from the new Predators movie."

or just call him by his actual name, bezerker.

You can call him mr. black too I guess, i'm sure mr. Blond, mr. pink and Mr. white would approve.

Back