Does anyone here just not like Frankenstein 1931?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know. :lol

I was stating I how I never found that movie boring. I've been watching it since I was 7 years old. Every time it was on TV...my ass = in the seat.
Except during the commercials or end....i'd reenact it. :lol i'd set the timer in my microwave for the self destruction sequence.

Oh boy! :rotfl I do like how the time seems to run in real time. Great build up and crescendo in Alien, nice and deliberate. I do whatever I can when I seriously watch the film to truly suspend my disbelief and see it all like it is the first time again, and the 70's. Everything that is, except drugs.

Just finished watching the original '41 The Wolfman.
Man, what a cool movie.
Sure, it's quite dated, but it really is a finely crafted and acted story. Enjoyed it immensely.

Just finished watching the original '41 The Wolfman.
Man, what a cool movie.
Sure, it's quite dated, but it really is a finely crafted and acted story. Enjoyed it immensely.

I hope one day people look back at all of olur films and say --"Gosh how dated. All the profanity and filth they put in films while striving to be realistic". But it prolly aint happening. I dont find the Wolfman dated tho. Its kind of like Burtons Batman with an amalgamation of modern and antique surroundings making for a perfect fairy tale local. One of my favorites. Wolfman is my fave Uni monster. Most of the time.:monkey3

I hope one day people look back at all of olur films and say --"Gosh how dated. All the profanity and filth they put in films while striving to be realistic". But it prolly aint happening. I dont find the Wolfman dated tho. Its kind of like Burtons Batman with an amalgamation of modern and antique surroundings making for a perfect fairy tale local. One of my favorites. Wolfman is my fave Uni monster. Most of the time.:monkey3

I think to appreciate it, you have to appreciate the history behind it. Kids these days just don't want to look back. :huh

I do. I always look back for inspiration.

I just finished Mary Shelly's Frankenstien, the one with Robert De Neniro.

Wow. I loved it. In every way. Probably is one of my favorite horror films of all time. To me, it did everything right for me. Both characters were very well rounded. They both had an Arch. But an opposite one. The imagery was fantastic.

The monster made me feel sorry for him, and hate him. He did things that actually shocked me. The scene with him and Elizebeth...wow. I dont think i've seen anything like that. Took me by surprise.

Victor was such a flawed character. He started off as a crazed villian, but arched into a flawed hero.

That's what made this movie better for me. The characters. They all played an important role, and ultimately led to Frankenstien's downfall.

Now I have to read the book.

Back