Does anyone here just not like Frankenstein 1931?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The remake had fantastic looking sets, props and makeup, and some good acting, but the rest pales to the original.

Of course the original is better - it's an iconic classic that defined the werewolf genre. That, and Chaney's Talbot is much more likable and sympathetic. However, I loved the remake as well. Sure it could have been better, but despite the WTF Werewolf showdown, I thought it was a solid, entertaining, old-school monster flick. It still blows VAN HELSING and THE MUMMY sequels out of the water.

Hell, I like it better than MOST modern horror flicks save for DRAG ME TO HELL, which was IMO, the best in a while.

I missed Drag me To Hell. Would you guys really recommend it that strongly?
I have HATED all modern horror save for The Wolf Man, which I thought was well done aside from that gay werewolf fight at the end.
That and Darabont's The Mist, which I think was the best horror film of the last ten years. It took me right back to the classic days of old school Carpenter horror.

I loathe Drag Me To Hell. I consider it one of the worst horror movies I've ever seen, though I've been tired of Raimi's schtick for years now. I hated just about every second of it. I didn't walk out of it like I did Scott Pilgrim, but I'd rank it right up next to it as my most disliked movies I've ever seen in a theater. I can't say enough about how much I hate that movie.

The original Wolfman is similar to the remake, but yes, Chaney's Talbot is a much, much more sympathetic figure than Del Toro's. They both hit the same beats, but the original just has this atmosphere about it. I can't really explain it.

the new wolfman was flawed on a lot of levels. Liked the updated look though. Drag me to Hell was meh. Didn't hate it, didn't like it. it did nothing for me...

If you like Horror comedy's you will like Drag Me To Hell. If you like horror comedies and hate Drag Me To Hell, you're weird.

Really? The ____ is wrong with you guys...? :lol Dexter is far from boring. I mean, I could stoop down to your level and compare it to something else...:monkey1: but I wont. I just dont understand how anyone can find the show boring. :dunno

I can watch the same episode 3 times and still enjoy it.

When the button got mixed up in the floor board. I knew the envelopes were mixed up and everthing that happened form that point on was meaningless.

I also could not buy the chick geting the hex on her, the old lady dying, having her funeral reception, and being burried with a nice large tomestone statue all in like 5 days.

Oh and the apple ****** guy.

Back