Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Moffat has started the Christmas episode yet, he used to announce on twitter when he had started which was closer to summer.

I want to refuse any belief Matt Smith will ever leave... :pray:

I believe after Matt Smith finishes filming for the Anniversay special he is coming to America to film stuff for a different production. Then filming on the Christmas special will begin in Fall.

I still want at least 1 or 2 more series from Matt. We'll see.

He hasn't had a big role in a Hollywood film (which is what he wants).

Even Tennant had done several before he left.

Bad timing if Smith leaves now. Impatience didn't work out so great for Eccleston.

Smith has said he'll be involved in the 2014 series, so unless he's just outright lying, we have him for another year, thank goodness.

He hasn't had a big role in a Hollywood film (which is what he wants).

Even Tennant had done several before he left.

Bad timing if Smith leaves now. Impatience didn't work out so great for Eccleston.

Matt does have that project in Ryan Goslings movie, that will be a major stepping stone for him since Gosling seems to be everywhere right now.

Hope that doesn't give him an appetite to move away quicker.

That article doesn't even contain the actual quote from Matt. Combom paraphrases his own opinion into what a very vague Matt Smith said. Here is the actual quote:

The question, as always, is how long can he go on as the Doctor? “For ever! I came back and put the costume on for the photoshoot today. At the risk of sounding self-indulgent and cheesy, it really does make you want to go back and start shooting. I’m attached to the show for the next year and I take it year by year. I think that’s the only way you can take it.”

You can read this several ways. I read it as him saying that he is attached to the show for the remainder of the year and after that, the future is a big giant "?" . If he meant he is attached to the show through the end of 2014, that is a very strange way of putting it, don't you think?

I guess. I think Tennant and Smith both pretty much said "I take it year by year" every year they were asked, which is pretty much right after they sign on. LOL.

I suppose it could be read either way. Whatever, I don't concern myself too much about it. It'll happen when it happens.

IF we get another year with Smith it seems likely to be his last. They had some good talent to choose from last time they recast.

What would be cool is if they have the next actor choosen and he appears in the 50th special but we don't realize it.

I'm never really opposed to Doctors changing. I'd love for Smith to keep going because he's so great. But it's a lot of fun when they get a new Doctor in. I do kind of like the thought of a new show runner coming in with a new Doctor, though, too. I think that helps it keep fresh as well. Obviously, it was different between 9 and 10 because 9's time was (sadly) so short. But I actually think if they can get a show runner and Doctor to stick around 3-5 years and then switch them out... that could be an okay model.

I like Matt Smith, he's had some awesome moments and he's a talented actor, but I am kind of feeling ready for a new Doctor that is a bit less homage-y (that's a word, right?) to a previous Doctor and has more of a unique take.

Spoilers. I'm serious.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoilers. I'm serious.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Sounds interesting, but it also sounds like way too much to fit in a single 45 minute episode (excluding the commercials). Unless it ends up being a cliffhanger into the 50th Anniversary special coming in November.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

The Crimson Horror was soooo good. That line about the gobby Austarlian was sublime. :rotfl Vastra, Jenny and Strax once again prove to be infinitely entertaining.

Oh, and nice cameo by Galvatron.

Top 5 episode for me. Truly fantastic all around. Loved the cinematic flashback scenes.

Tom Tom reference was hilarious.

Great episode, agreed. Loved the tone, the setting, the "gang"... great stuff.

Back