Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I really enjoyed "Hide" - nicely atmospheric and paced. Some great direction and editing, I thought.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I enjoyed it right up til that last bit, that really threw me. It felt entirely unnecessary, tacked on and fell completely flat imo. Just turn it off before that part, and it's all good.

Was anyone else just a little bummed that the Doctor mispronounced
Spoiler Spoiler:

I noticed that he mispronounced that too... But oh we'll. Maybe Pertwee was actually the one mispronouncing it. :lol

I really loved this episode. I actually lined the end. It was (for lack of a better word) adorable.

A great episode, really creepy in places and the whole episode had great pacing and visuals.
Loved the monster, I felt it had a stop motion feel to it which made it a little creepier.

I'm not a fan of the last 5 minutes though, felt very unneeded and out of place.

While thats what i'm hoping for, however looking at those set photos

Spoiler Spoiler:

Poster and Title revealed for the series finale episode, 'The Name Of The Doctor'

I'm calling it now, it's going to be something normal like Jim. :lol

https://www.sfx.co.uk/2013/04/19/doctor-who-series-finale-episode-title-revealed/

Question, this is listed as the series finale.

IS Dr. who Ending, or are we getting a new doctor, or is this one of those fun Americna english to Brittish english discongruities where we in the states would call it a Season Finale?

I noticed that he mispronounced that too... But oh we'll. Maybe Pertwee was actually the one mispronouncing it. :lol

I really loved this episode. I actually lined the end. It was (for lack of a better word) adorable.

i liked it too. Also, as for the mispronuncuatio, remember that 9's favorite word was " Fantastic" and when he became 10, he had a great deal of trouble Pronouncing it, becuase of "different teeth"? Could be something like that.

Question, this is listed as the series finale.

IS Dr. who Ending, or are we getting a new doctor, or is this one of those fun Americna english to Brittish english discongruities where we in the states would call it a Season Finale?

It's the British way of saying "Season Finale", yes. Show's not ending. :)

Thought so, I just wanted to be certian. Same language, different Dialects.

Personaly, I find that immensely fascinating, if a little confusing at times.

I enjoyed this episode. I thought it was a nice romp. But it felt a bit inconsequential in the end.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The B plot with the brothers was definitely the weak spot of the episode. It's very obvious that whoever wrote the story spent about 5 minutes on that aspect of the plot which wasn't even necessary in the first place. So little time is spent on it though that it's not really a detraction.

It was a good episode, not my favorite but it was nice to see a ton more of the TARDIS.

That library was amazing and the Eye of Harmony was a lot better than the 1996 movie version.

I loved seeing he has a trophy room with Amy's paper mache TARDIS and River's cradle. I need to go back and look for more stuff in there. Seems like a room that could be important later.

His name is written in a library book. Claira read his name and she didn't keel over. Hmm... It would be a big mistake to give him a name after 50 years. Doctor Rassalon? Doctor John Smith? If you say his name is Doctor I.M. Foreman people won't like it (although I liked hearing him say to Claira he once had a granddaughter). If they pull an oddball name out of thin air that won't be good either.

Actually giving him a name is a mistake. But I just can't believe they are going to outright do it, no matter how Moffat tries to hype it.

Telling us who he is would be different than telling us his name. They could fill in pieces of his past that are previously undefined without throwing out a name.

Just heard an interesting rumor:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think it's a garbage rumor. But I googled the actor and he would be an interesting choice in very stark contrast to Matt Smith.

Back