Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that episode was amazing, you could see BBC have given the series a decent bank of budget to work with. The acting especially Matts was brilliant as usual and what a way to start a series, my favourite opener yet. Great start without any obvious story arcs to distract.

One minor complaint
Spoiler Spoiler:

I was bored through the whole thing. It's a bummer not enjoying the show the way I used to, but I guess that's how it goes with Doctor Who. Some eras you like, and some you don't.

I loved it. Although I'm dying to see what the Jenna-Louise Coleman connection will be since no one saw Oswen and we know about Clara. I loved the idea of an Asylum for the Daleks and loved JLC as Oswen at least, hopefully her portrayal continues the same when she becomes a regular.

I wonder if Underground Toys will give us some Asylum Daleks, all battered and destroyed. I'd love to add those to my collection and yeah I would have hoped the original Daleks got a little more airtime and an explanation of why they still existed after the paradigm.

Great episode although I saw every single emotional manipulation coming from a mile away. (Still cried though).

Spoiler Spoiler:

Easily the best Matt Smith episode, IMO. I still have a problem with the writers/actors thinking they have to speak like the British version of the Gilmore Girls. Do they really need to read their lines like the micromachine's guy?

Good episode as I didn't expect the twist at the end regarding Oswin's character.
Also loved the ending when the Daleks were saying, "Doctor, Who?!?".

Liked that part but it was a bit overkill. It was charming in "The Wedding of River Song" but was overdone here. Anyone think that Oswin telling him to remember her was a key to her return? I know that the time rift is closed so theoretically that's out but she seemed to repeat it a lot OR if her talking in that audiojournal to her mother could be a key? Maybe Clara is Oswin's mother?

I think we are seeing something akin to Riversong where we are meeting her at the end of her life, but unlike Riversong, the Doctor will attempt to change history.

I wonder if the destruction of the Asylum would be a fixed point in time, since that's the moment that the Daleks forget The Doctor. If so, he couldn't change it and we might get something very tragic where she travels until she gets on The Alaska and meets her fate. It could be something more like The Doctor takes her to "see the stars" because she requested it and he knows that he won't be able to change it once she boards that ship.

Fantastic episode. Smith really channeled a lot of what made Tennant great in this one and was perfect as The Doctor. Interesting little hints though, a feel that Solomon was constantly referring to The Doctor but then didn't know who he was or his computer couldn't pick him up either. Was Oswin's trick more widespread than just Dalek's? Is no one knowing The Doctor the theme this series? Also it was creepy to see Amy talking about death and The Doctor's face towards it. I really hope she doesn't die to bring an end to her tenure. Donna forgetting him completely was sad enough but Amy dying would be really brutal.

Posted this in the Big Chief thread, but what the hey. Making this TARDIS birdhouse for my wife's 35th BD. She's such a nerd. :1-1:

Also, this is the shirt I wore while doing it. BD is Thursday and I am nowhere near finished!

Pretty good episode again!

Interesting how their approach thus far in this early season with Amy and Rory is "come back and get us in a few months" thing.

Is the Doctor getting lonely or are the looks he's giving for something more foretelling?

Posted this in the Big Chief thread, but what the hey. Making this TARDIS birdhouse for my wife's 35th BD. She's such a nerd. :1-1:

Also, this is the shirt I wore while doing it. BD is Thursday and I am nowhere near finished!

Looks great! :clap

Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, i liked the episode but i was threw initially by the total change of pace from Asylum.

The interactions between Amy and the Doctor feel a bit more tense than usual and i find him casually dropping them off and picking them up a strange but refreshing concept, its nice that they get to have a normal life and an odd adventure, The Doctors almost become a burden friend to them who doesn't want to let go.

Rory's dad Brian was brilliant, a wonderful character who seemed to fit right in with the silly antics.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh and i still dislike the changing titles. :monkey4

I agree with every point you just made though the part you put in spoilers was pretty shocking. Not in a bad way, just a "whoa" moment for me.

Glad you like the birdhouse. Kinda sad for me no one else really said anything. Oh well.

Back