Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There seems to a be a lot of hate for Amy, and I just don't get it. I've been rewatching the series 5 episodes, and apart from a little over the top sassiness, I thought she was fine. In fact there are times, like when Rory's dying in Cold Blood or in Vincent and the Doctor, when I thought she was damn good.

I only wish I could tune horrible Amy Pond out. The sooner she falls into a black hole or gets eaten by a space whale, the happier I'll be.

On the other hand, I really like River Song when she's not being used as an authorial mouthpiece to tell us endlessly how awesome horrible Amy Pond is, but then I really like Alex Kingston so I admit I'm biased in that direction.

Anything particular about Amy you don't like?

Whilst not being the best companion ever she's by far my favorite companion of the modern era although given her opposition that's not exactly difficult.

I can just about tolerate River when she's not being smug or treating the Doctor like her personal assistant but so far such moments have been few & far between.

Last edited:
I have no hate for Amy but i do find her really annoying at times in stories, like she is trying too hard to be head strong against Matts exuberant Doctor. I have to say i did find the character of Donna quite likable as she was just a best freind and Catherine Tate showed as the series progressed she wasnt just an annoying sketch show fad (although that persona did slip through).
River had tons of mystery in the first two stories around her character but no i fear her revelation wont be as brilliant as being hyped.

Hot on the heels of Doctor Who Live us Brits are getting another event to go to early next year in the form of The Doctor Who Experience at London's Olympia,

https://www.doctorwhoexperience.com/

Tom's TARDIS and other Classic stuff on display = WIN

Tennant's TARDIS set on display = Maybe I'll bring a flamethrower along :)

Just caught up on this thread. Thanks for the rundown of Doctor Who Live, bcm! :duff

I'm so jealous that it's not coming to the States. :monkey2 I may have to take a holiday to England when The Doctor Who Experience gets going. Seems like a silly reason to visit a foreign country, but I'm seriously considering it! :lol

Just caught up on this thread. Thanks for the rundown of Doctor Who Live, bcm! :duff

I'm so jealous that it's not coming to the States. :monkey2 I may have to take a holiday to England when The Doctor Who Experience gets going. Seems like a silly reason to visit a foreign country, but I'm seriously considering it! :lol

Glad you liked my write up, the Live show was awesome but I'm much more excited about the Experience because of all the Classic era stuff that's going to be on display.

Given the show's following in the US I think there's a decent chance of both the Live show and the Experience going international at some point.

If you do come over in February I'll be easy enough to spot.............just look for the dude attempting to destroy any Tennant era props on display :)

Wish I could. I had planned to but work issues came up which totally ruined my plans.

But I know people there and they have taken some pretty awesome pics. :)

Unfortunately they were all taken down by the poster before I thought to save them. :(

Matt, Karen, Arthur and Alex were all there filming scenes featuring an old early 60's car and some Men In Black chasing them around. The actors visited the fan camp and signed autographs everything. :crying

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/98x9FwsqzHQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/98x9FwsqzHQ?fs=1&hl=en_GB&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Ahhh.. this explains why the FC TARDIS is being rereleased with police outfit Amy and the box is labeled as being from the Xmas special.

Since I'm still hard at work on my 1/6 Eleven custom, my primary interest is seeing what he's wearing LOL. After seeing him wear a solid blue shirt in the Sarah Jane eps, I wondered if they were maybe dropping the Paul Smith shirts with the impossible squiggles. And indeed, it does look like he's wearing another solid shirt in the preview here, either in white or cream. With the moody lighting it's hard to tell the exact shade. It also looks like he's picked up another patterned tweed jacket since he's definitely not wearing the Donagal one.

If nothing else, it looks like it's going to be easier to make an Eleven costume since it looks like they might have dropped the Paul Smith shirts with the impossible squiggles. In the Sarah Jane episode he wore a solid blue shirt and it looks like in this he's wearing another solid shirt either in white or cream.

Slightly disappointed there's no Egyptian Goddess loose on the Orient Express in space, but I'll take Scrooge! :rock

This will be the first Christmas episode I'll have watched since 2007 so hopefully it'll be good.

Looks to be a dark episode, in both lighting and mood! At least there wont be no Titanic flying towards buckinham palace or giant spiders.
Centurian Rory and Police Amy are back!

Back