Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Overall this is best watched as a whole, not broken up into two episodes as the second part can't possibly hope to live up to the first.

I enjoyed Missy a lot. I think it might be her accent that captures me. :lol

Overall, I don't think I was too impressed, but my brother tells me I have pretty ****ed up standards, where I'm too high on what's good and too low for what's ******. :rotfl

I enjoy some bits, but I think I'm starting to watch this for more like a chore, rather than entertainment. Some great moments though, won't deny it had me tearing up more than 5 times.

One thing I am REALLLYYYY not liking is the glasses. Especially finding out about them at the end of part 2.

Too much Missy is a bad thing.

I always love seeing Davros... always my favorite enemy.... but this 2-part episode left me a bit flat.

This may be sacrilege but I'd really like to see them update those damn Daleks into something a bit more menacing and... functional. The rolling chess piece with a plunger has seen its day I believe.

I enjoyed Missy a lot. I think it might be her accent that captures me. :lol

Overall, I don't think I was too impressed, but my brother tells me I have pretty ****ed up standards, where I'm too high on what's good and too low for what's ******. :rotfl

I enjoy some bits, but I think I'm starting to watch this for more like a chore, rather than entertainment. Some great moments though, won't deny it had me tearing up more than 5 times.

One thing I am REALLLYYYY not liking is the glasses. Especially finding out about them at the end of part 2.

Previous Doctors have taken a break from the screwdriver. Perwee's Doctor had it built into his cane for a while. The screwdriver's been overused and could use a rest. They wrote it out nicely by giving the Doctor a big guilt hangup over seeing it.

This may be sacrilege but I'd really like to see them update those damn Daleks into something a bit more menacing and... functional. The rolling chess piece with a plunger has seen its day I believe.

They had the Special Weapon Dalek in a few shots. :) The current design took it's place next to the vintage Dalek lineup making me think they might do exactly what you're suggesting next time around.

Last edited:
Previous Doctors have taken a break from the screwdriver. Perwee's Doctor had it built into his cane for a while. The screwdriver's been overused and could use a rest. They wrote it out nicely by giving the Doctor a big guilt hangup over seeing it.

Absolutely, I was getting really sick of that magic wand helping everyone out of every single situation imaginable. But I thought it was silly to replace it with magic glasses :slap

The idea of the glasses being super high class technology isn't so bad for me :lol As you said, the show has done sillier things before that I've been ok with. It just felt so forced in that context. When the it was revealed, my reaction was literally 'oh, so we're doing this now?' in a kind of begrudging, passive way.

Previous Doctors have taken a break from the screwdriver. Perwee's Doctor had it built into his cane for a while. The screwdriver's been overused and could use a rest. They wrote it out nicely by giving the Doctor a big guilt hangup over seeing it..
The way they got rid of it was an excellent writing move. I just feel the glasses are just an awkward choice. A cane isn't really that bad of an object, it's like if they did a watch, which seems a bit more practical. But to use glasses? Just feels weird.

Absolutely, I was getting really sick of that magic wand helping everyone out of every single situation imaginable. But I thought it was silly to replace it with magic glasses :slap
I didn't mind it, only because it had rules. It wasn't like almost anything could be affected by the screwdriver.
-The glasses just seem super silly, as you say. Almost any other object would be better, IMO.

10 had magic glasses and psychic paper. As long as they don't overdo it or make it weird it will be fine. Give it time.
But weren't the 3D glasses for something else entirely? I mean the fact it's 3D glasses was probably meant to be more as a silly joke. Much like in the Van Gogh episode we got Smith with that weird front brace mirror gadget.
-Psychic paper was weird for me at first, but it did make sense at least. Some not so much, like in the episode Dark Water, you have Capaldi in a sort of hoodie and blazer; but he's made to be some government inspector? Things like that just don't seem right.

I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt; I just feel a screwdriver would have been good; or maybe I'm just rather interested to see what Capaldi's screwdriver would have looked like. It's the Star Wars fanatic in me speaking. :lol

We never see any of the other rooms in the TARDIS other than the control room now.

The way they got rid of it was an excellent writing move. I just feel the glasses are just an awkward choice. A cane isn't really that bad of an object, it's like if they did a watch, which seems a bit more practical. But to use glasses? Just feels weird.

I agree whole heartedly that it was the way to write out the screw driver. But the glasses felt like a cop out IMO.

I didn't mind it, only because it had rules. It wasn't like almost anything could be affected by the screwdriver.
-The glasses just seem super silly, as you say. Almost any other object would be better, IMO.

I found the screwdriver ridiculous too :lol In the first episode with the sonic, the 2nd Doctor unscrewed a hatch with it :lol Then Pertwee came along and started using it to open doors and set off mines - which is fine, totally believable. But now, in the new series... medical scans? Remember how the Doctor was some how using it as a lightsaber in that episode with the leaf last year, stopping electric lighting? That doesn't make any sense at all.

We never see any of the other rooms in the TARDIS other than the control room now.

That's a great shame... remember that Tom Baker story with the Sontarans where the Sontarans enter the TARDIS and chase everyone down the corridors, and then one of the Sontarans jumps on and smashes a plastic chair in the swimming pool room? :rolleyes2 Fond memories...

BBC says they are making a "Big Announcement" about Doctor Who today at 11 PM UK time ... These things are almost always not very big (unless you count the hype leading up to them)... but you never know....

Yaaaaaaaaaawn. :lol

BBC Latest News - Doctor Who - Doctor Who Spin Off: Class

BBC Three today announces Class - a new 8 x 45 minute Doctor Who spin off from the acclaimed YA author, Patrick Ness. Class is a YA series set in contemporary London. Incredible dangers are breaking through the walls of time and space, and with darkness coming, London is unprotected. With all the action, heart and adrenalin of the best YA fiction (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Hunger Games), this is Coal Hill School and Doctor Who like you’ve never seen them before.

Sarah Jane Adventures v.2?

'Young adult' fiction, Coal Hill School, annoyingly bad child actors...yeah nah, I'll pass. But if it diverts all that stuff away from Doctor Who, go for it.

'Young adult' fiction, Coal Hill School, annoyingly bad child actors...yeah nah, I'll pass. But if it diverts all that stuff away from Doctor Who, go for it.

giphy.gif

I just don't see the attraction of this 'spin-off', will it include any current characters such as Missy or Clara? Very doubtful. Will it be basically Grange Hill with monsters? Almost certainly :slap

Just give the people what they want to see BBC instead of what you want them to see :lecture

Back