Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You will notice I avoided another example of modern audience stupidity........ my therapy is working ;)

This coming week's episode looks much more intresting, the Dream Lord character in the preview gave off a similar kind of vibe to the Meddling Monk which is never a bad thing.

Though the jury is still out on the new theme (for me) I have to say that Murray Gold's music has been the best he has done since series 2. Still wish we had a new composer though.

Though the jury is still out on the new theme (for me) I have to say that Murray Gold's music has been the best he has done since series 2. Still wish we had a new composer though.

The only bit that I feel outright sucks is the intro, the rest is OK but for me still has too much going on, the original theme and the later one first used in season 18 were very simple due to the electronic nature and I don't think the tune works as well as an epic, orchestral piece.

I love the old story of Ron Grainer's reaction upon hearing what Delia Derbyshire did with his theme for Doctor Who. He said "Oh my! Did I write that?" :lol

I love the old story of Ron Grainer's reaction upon hearing what Delia Derbyshire did with his theme for Doctor Who. He said "Oh my! Did I write that?" :lol

That's awesome! :)

On the subject of great quotes here's a belter from Tom Baker on a recent DVD commentary,

"Several directors passed away shortly after working with me"

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VnpZS_54uoA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VnpZS_54uoA&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

I love Graham Norton

EDIT: Not in that way

yup, he had a small cameo.. someone over on therpf.com was working on the Doctor's library card from that episode.. lemme see here...

user: Angelus Lupus (so, credit for this goes to him)

Did the 1st Doctor make a small cameo? That was his pic in the id, was it not? Vamp ep was ok........the two parter was excellent

Yep, that was the first Doctor alright.

And on the music - the new opening is just .. okay. I think the best it was was during series 2. It needs to be more.. essential. Cut the fluff and let the true work shine. Also, much as I love Gold, the music needs to be lessened in the show. Stop trying to make the music convey the feeling and let that fall back on the actors.

well they've explained warewolves is an alien organism throught he blood so why not "vampires" (but we knew they wern't gonna be proper vampires).

the next episode seems like a weard surreal one. looks pretty kool

yeah the next looks awesome. I thought I heard a year ago Moffet was gonna go a bit dark with the show...I seemed to have heard wrong. I do realize this is a kids show back in the Uk, so try to keep that in mind

Its not a kids show. Sarah Jane Aventures is a kid show. Doctor Who is a family show (meaning all ages). :)

(but we knew they wern't gonna be proper vampires).
l

Before hand I was hoping they could have been. The cracks in space could have changed things from what we learned in State of Decay.

Actually, even the damage from the Time War was bringing all these ancient evils back, so anything was possible.

but it wasn't meant to be... :)

Id actually like the doctor to be the last of his kind still, with all the old episodes i have been watching i cant really stand them a great deal. Being the last of his kind adds that extra sheen to his traveling, he is the only one who does what he can do. The next episode does appear to be a tad trippy and sureal but im still keen to tune in and see it, with exception of Victory of the daleks and the second part of the weeping angels this season has been pretty brilliant.

Maybe the crack in "time" or "space" will break the time lock on the time war :horror

I think the Time War is something that will be forgotten about as it was clearly intended as nothing more than a device to make RTD's Who appear more "epic" than it actually was.

Considering the amount of times he ripped off the Star Wars saga I think he looked at how the Clone Wars were mentioned in the OT and decided to come up with his own "cool" sounding offscreen conflict as a backstory.

with this crick in the universe they are slowly building up to something and i honestly hope its something new and not just an old enermy that that kill off and cant use again.

I think the Time War is something that will be forgotten about as it was clearly intended as nothing more than a device to make RTD's Who appear more "epic" than it actually was.

Considering the amount of times he ripped off the Star Wars saga I think he looked at how the Clone Wars were mentioned in the OT and decided to come up with his own "cool" sounding offscreen conflict as a backstory.

and it worked. Spectacularly.

Back