Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The major difference with Tennant compared to Pertwee is that at no time I could suspend my disbelief and believe he WAS the Doctor because he delivered his lines in a manner which made it sound like he only read the script for the first time 5 minutes before filming.

RTD's ploy of hiring a pretty face to bring in more female viewers worked like a charm but the show went through a creative black hole during that era which it is hopefully now emerging from.

according to you. stop trying to give your opinion as fact. :rolleyes:

This is pretty awesome IMO.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CqR8A8ecKWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CqR8A8ecKWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I saw this a few years ago and loved it but don't know it's story. Is it actually being worked on as a story to be completed or was this just fun a trailer not meant to have anything beyond it?

They keep talking about on the Gallifrey Base forums how every year it gets cheaper and easier for people (nerds) to animate things themselves at home on their computer. I am not knowledgeable enough to know a time frame, but I know fans are trying to make their own animated reconstructions of missing eps now as it is (and the BBC has said they would seriously look at any professional looking work no matter where it originated).

So who knows? Within 5 years? Ten years? We should have a nice heap of animated fan-made reconstructions one way or the other.
And if it gets that much cheaper for fans to make at home, maybe it will get that much cheaper for the BBC to do themselves as well?

I saw this a few years ago and loved it but don't know it's story. Is it actually being worked on as a story to be completed or was this just fun a trailer not meant to have anything beyond it?

They keep talking about on the Gallifrey Base forums how every year it gets cheaper and easier for people (nerds) to animate things themselves at home on their computer. I am not knowledgeable enough to know a time frame, but I know fans are trying to make their own animated reconstructions of missing eps now as it is (and the BBC has said they would seriously look at any professional looking work no matter where it originated).

So who knows? Within 5 years? Ten years? We should have a nice heap of animated fan-made reconstructions one way or the other.
And if it gets that much cheaper for fans to make at home, maybe it will get that much cheaper for the BBC to do themselves as well?

The more fans start posting these reconstructions online the more likely the BBC are to think "Hmmm, we can make money out of this" and proceed to slap cease and desist orders right, left & centre like they do with the Classic stories yet to get a DVD release.

If I had the patience to learn how to do it I'd start working on a few reconstructions of my own though my approach would be more like George Lucas and I'd start changing stuff eg Eccleston's regeneration :naughty

I can't believe I'm about to say this but I'm actually looking forward to the new episode tomorrow, that's 2 episodes of Nu-Who. In the same calendar year as well! :D

Last edited:
Thats an awesome video. Pure Pertwee. The Swordfight at around the 3:00 mark looked a lot like the one between the Doctor and Master in "The Sea Devils" (end of episode 2 beginning of ep. 3).
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/adgnJ37i8DE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/adgnJ37i8DE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I've been going back over the Pertwee years and loving every minute of it :D

This is pretty awesome IMO.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CqR8A8ecKWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CqR8A8ecKWo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thats an awesome video. Pure Pertwee. The Swordfight at around the 3:00 mark looked a lot like the one between the Doctor and Master in "The Sea Devils" (end of episode 2 beginning of ep. 3).
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/adgnJ37i8DE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/adgnJ37i8DE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
I've been going back over the Pertwee years and loving every minute of it :D
That is awesome work. Let's hope this guy gets hired to create a series of anime Dr. Who..

Just watched "The Beast Below" and was totally blown away by how good Matt Smith was.

Most of the Tennant-isms 11 was spouting in the first episode have now gone and I think he's going to become the best Doctor since Tom by some considerable margin.

The influence of Patrick Troughton ( Matt's favorite Doctor ) on his performance is absolutely beyond question and it was a joy to see hints of Tom's oddness a second week running and we also got a touch of early Hartnell with him showing a touch of contempt for humanity at one point as well..........IMO Smith is already making a mockery of the frankly retarded notion that Tennant will be a hard act to follow.

Amy also continued to impress as a character and she had a great speech near the end which referenced part of the Doctor's history without causing him to go off on one of those coma inducing monologues that his last incarnation was so fond of.

The Smilers were somewhat similar to the Angels with their changing faces and the overall story wasn't outstanding but it didn't matter because the Doctor was so compelling to watch.

Just 2 weeks into his reign Steven Moffat has exterminated any doubts I had about his era being any better than the last and I'm along for the ride, however long it lasts.

And finally,

"Geronimo!">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"Alonsy" :)

Last edited:
Just 2 weeks into his reign Steven Moffat has exterminated any doubts I had about his era being any better than the last and I'm along for the ride, however long it lasts.

Thats pretty high praise coming from you. I can't wait to watch it tonight! :rock

Thats pretty high praise coming from you. I can't wait to watch it tonight! :rock

Me being a "hater" and everything ;)

Next week is the first real test though, can the Daleks be made to look a credible threat again?

I felt that episode was a little mediocre story wise but Matt is fantastic and is starting to move into his own doctor. Some of the CGI was hit and miss in this one too, but cant win them all!

I rather enjoyed it. I hope though that more stories are linked as this one was to the next. I also hope Amy stays the companion for a while. I rather like her and enjoy that she firmly establishes herself as a FRIEND to the Doctor and nothing else.

Honestly I love Matts preformance, I liked Davids but Matt owns
I see alot of hints to the older doctors,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

When is the next episode on?

Honestly I love Matts preformance, I liked Davids but Matt owns
I see alot of hints to the older doctors,

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

When is the next episode on?

In the UK, bbc one 18:15.

As for your second spoiler i had forgotton about that! i do love hidden little ideas that evolve into a whole plot device over time.

Spoiler Spoiler:

The episode was okay story-wise, but it was really overshadowed by Smith's performance, imo. I enjoyed it, but I felt this ep had more to do with solidifying Smith's role as The Doctor, rather than tell a good story. Not that it was a bad story, just kinda okay. Or something.

Next week looks tits though.

I do have to admit that I loved the idea of him meeting
Spoiler Spoiler:

Just finished it. I agree with a lot of what everyone is saying... seemed like a bit of a filler episode (or establishing sounds better). Overall I would rate this one 7/10. Matt Smith is defo one of the best Doctor's thus far.

yea, enjoyed the hell out of the episode. I have no problem with Karen in a nighty :love and Matt did an awesome job, especially at the end. Preview for next week looks interesting....at least they are putting a little bit of a spin on the Daleks, just not them being evil all the time, but being used as a weapon; can't wait till next week :rock

....I'm wondering why the crack from Amy's wall is showing up all over the place. The Doctor said it was a crack in space to a prison right???? Perhaps one of the prisons other prisoners is tracking the doctor trying to get to him and Prisoner Zero was just lucky to escape from the other prisoner trying to get to The Doctor ????

Amazon has the new screwdriver for $40 :google

I don't think I've ever paid over $20 USD for one. Between my son and I, we have 4 sonics and one laser. What's the going rate for a new sonic in the UK?

Amazon has the new screwdriver for $40 :google

I don't think I've ever paid over $20 USD for one. Between my son and I, we have 4 sonics and one laser. What's the going rate for a new sonic in the UK?

£14.99 which according to XE.com is currently the equivalent of $23.16.

Be careful if you get 11's screwdriver as the early batches have been plagued with faulty ones.

Back