Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they want Hardy in the 'universe' so to speak, I would rather have had him as Antman-Scott over that turd, Rudd. :lol
And that definitely would be a better fit than have him as Strange.

Hardy's physique is my main problem as well. Slimming down might be a bit of a challenge, and that's even if he'd want to.
Also, not sure if he'd be interested in a 'picture deal'.

Johnny Depp would be my choice.

Aiden Gillen or Cumberbatch could be potentially be really great.

I can't say I'm a huge Doctor Strange fan but I just cannot see Tom Hard as him. There isn't a single attribute that even mutters Strange let alone scream. That's not to say that hardy is a bad actor and I could think of any number of Marvel Characters I could see him as. Just not strange.

Marvel movies have done a pretty good job so far of casting actors that resemble their comic counterparts (with the exception of Norton as Banner. Nothing about his performance or appearance said banner to me. Same goes with hardy. He doesn't resemble strange in the least bit.

Yes Depp would be another good choice as said by someone earlier. This film would get him up there again too

Google Tom Hardy and most of the 2014 stories are on how and why he got so skinny looking. :lol

No to Benedict, I absolutely love him in Sherlock and was awesome in The Hobbit and Star Trek but I really don't think I could see him as Stephen. Peter Baelish is actually a really REALLY good choice. Aiden Gillen does an awesome job on Game of Thrones and would love to see him get some more love in Hollywood. But would he be too old?

I met Aidan Gillen last year in a shopping mall here in Ireland. He was with his son, with shopping bags in both hands, but took time to stop, pose for a pic and make small talk about GoT and The Wire. He was in the middle of growing back his goatee for Littlefinger.

I met Aidan Gillen last year in a shopping mall here in Ireland. He was with his son, with shopping bags in both hands, but took time to stop, pose for a pic and make small talk about GoT and The Wire. He was in the middle of growing back his goatee for Littlefinger.

That's awesome, I've met very few celebs and I've waited in long lines for all; I think it's very cool when someone does what you describe, definitely above and beyond for the fans.

I would like to see an actor who can also play that "mentor" or "guide" role. Similar to what Sam Jackson's Nick Fury has been doing in the Avengers movies, Dr. Strange is basically THE guy all the superheroes go to with magic/supernatural issues. He's kind of like a Jedi master/warrior monk. Able to dish out the pain with the Eye of Agamotto (or whatever it's called) but can also be the "wise know-it-all sage".

I can see Cumberbatch and Gillen (and even Depp) doing that but less so Tom Hardy.

Johnny Depp not even considered? Really? Seriously?

I'm not saying he should GET the part... but not even a second thought?

His eccentricity, relationship with Disney, fanbase, and facial hair should AT LEAST get him a screen test.

His eccentricity is why I think he isn't a good fit for Stephen. In my experience in reading the character, how he acts just isn't what I read Stephen as. He could prove me wrong but I dunno dude, maybe I'm just over Johnny Depp's acting in general. Plus it'd be nice to give someone else a chance at such a good character.

Back