Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the-other-guys-mark-wahlberg-smashing-computer-monitor-1377038606B.gif

:lol I love that film!

Luke Evans would be a great choice!

Luke Evans certainly looks the part. Hell, I remember someone suggesting Hugh Laurie and that could be interesting too.

I'll take anyone but Depp; he's in so many quirky movies that he's almost become a gimmick. Ugh.

Luke Evans certainly looks the part. Hell, I remember someone suggesting Hugh Laurie and that could be interesting too.

I'll take anyone but Depp; he's in so many quirky movies that he's almost become a gimmick. Ugh.

Luckily, he's costly. So I think you're safe. :lol

Phew. Went through the previous pages and it seems like other boardies are also in support of House. :yess:

Cumberbatch plays a really good "smartest guy in the room" type of character while still maintaining a strong physical presence
For Strange, the bigger issue than appearing really intelligent (though he would be that, being trained as a neurosurgeon) is appearing extremely judgmental and a bit aloof, which is a great ability Cumberbatch has. Of course, lots of other guys could also do that, but I think Cumberbatch's brand would work well for Strange. I actually don't think Strange should be instantly likable, but should come off as kind of a ******. And for that, the list narrows a bit.

Tom Hardy? What? Why do people think he'd be decent? That'd be like saying Mark Wahlberg would be a good Dr. Strange.
Like pturtle, having seen Hardy in a range of roles, I wouldn't count him out for nearly anything. He's a very, very good actor who can do what needs to be done for a role.

Young, an air of arrogance, handsome,lean features, dark and brooding with acting chops and affordable.
The guy is a real world physical doppelgänger for Stephen Strange.
He'd age nicely into the role with a multiple feature contract.
He'd also make a great second generation Tony Stark if Downey leaves soon as well.
That face was made to be in the Marvel movie universe.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Like pturtle, having seen Hardy in a range of roles, I wouldn't count him out for nearly anything. He's a very, very good actor who can do what needs to be done for a role.

Although Wahlberg has had his fair share of great roles over the years, I also don't see the comparison between the two. It's not like I put in Tinker Tailor and go hmmm, they could have used Wahlberg instead of Hardy. Both have had their share of memorable characters, but other than being shorter white males I don't ever envision them in similar roles. Both played fighters though, so there is that. :dunno

Young, an air of arrogance, handsome,lean features, dark and brooding with acting chops and affordable.
The guy is a real world physical doppelgänger for Stephen Strange.
He'd age nicely into the role with a multiple feature contract.
He'd also make a great second generation Tony Stark if Downey leaves soon as well.
That face was made to be in the Marvel movie universe.

Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, now I pretty much want him to be Strange. The other actors on the shortlist would be interesting, but Evans is a dead ringer for the Doctor. The man has every reason to act like a cocky bastard and he doesn't even need to say anything to give that impression. Just like the comic book character:

patrick-dempsey-drstrange.jpg

Don't you just want to punch that handsome, magical son of a *****?

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/0...-about-a-role?abthid=53a89d7fc90283d81800001f

DOCTOR STRANGE [LIVE-ACTION] / 23 JUN 2014
EDGAR RAMIREZ IS TALKING WITH DOCTOR STRANGE TEAM ABOUT A ROLE

Share. The actor next appears in Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson's Deliver Us From Evil.
BY JIM VEJVODAI chatted with Venezuelan actor Edgar Ramirez this weekend for his new supernatural thriller Deliver Us From Evil, wherein he plays an unorthodox Jesuit priest and exorcist. At the very end of the interview, I asked him if his Deliver Us From Evil director Scott Derrickson had approached him about being in his next film, Marvel's Doctor Strange.

"We're talking," replied Ramirez. "We've been talking." He wouldn't specify if the part is that of Doctor Stephen Strange or perhaps his nemesis Baron Mordo.

Doctor Strange, Edgar Ramirez, and Baron Mordo.

Doctor Strange, Edgar Ramirez, and Baron Mordo.

Ramirez's other credits include Carlos, The Bourne Ultimatum, Vantage Point, Zero Dark Thirty, Wrath of the Titans, Che, and the new Simon Bolivar biopic The Liberator. He'll next shoot the remake of Point Break where he plays Bodhi, the role played in the original film by Patrick Swayze.

Ramirez popped up on the fanboy radar in 2011 for the role of Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness. He passed on the role, which ultimately went to Benedict Cumberbatch who, as the casting gods would have it, is now reportedly up for the role of Doctor Strange. Could we see Khan and the man who passed on being Khan in the same film?

We need to emphasize again that it's just parties talking to each other about the project right now. It doesn't mean that Edgar Ramirez is attached, signed or committed to doing the Doctor Strange movie. It might not pan out. Either way, Ramirez's incantation skills and demon-battling abilities are on display in Deliver Us From Evil if you want to check it out when it opens July 2.

Edgar Ramirez as exorcist Father Mendoza in Deliver Us From Evil.

Edgar Ramirez as exorcist Father Mendoza in Deliver Us From Evil.

Marvel Studios honcho Kevin Feige recently revealed that Doctor Strange starts filming in spring 2015 and that casting will happen within the next few months. Prometheus' Jon Spaihts is now rewriting the script.

DrStrange-ERamirez-Baron-Mordo.jpg

See? Fits right in with the other Marvel Movieverse regs.
Cap,Doc and Hawk.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 119
Back