Doctor Strange: the movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depp may not want it, first. And secondly, based on Marvel Studios' past behavior with the exception of RDJ, they seem to let folks walk rather than pay them the big bucks. Depp would have a very high salary to start with, that could potentially get even higher if his Strange caught on with fans. I also think he could do a great job, but realistically would expect a "poor man's" Johnny Depp like a Jared Leto :lol

His eccentricity is why I think he isn't a good fit for Stephen. In my experience in reading the character, how he acts just isn't what I read Stephen as. He could prove me wrong but I dunno dude, maybe I'm just over Johnny Depp's acting in general. Plus it'd be nice to give someone else a chance at such a good character.
I'm no Dr. Strange expert, but in most of his incarnations I would say "eccentric" describes him pretty well. That isn't to say he was Jack Sparrow--he wasn't--but there's room for some odd humor with that character, for sure.

Deadline is reporting that Jared Leto is on the shortlist for the role. I would prefer him over Hardy and Cumberbatch.

image.jpg

I like Leto for this also, I'm surprised though, seems they're switching gears, it wasn't long ago Feige was saying we'd be seeing a young, inexperienced Dr Strange, not that Leto is ready for the retirement home, but I guess I was thinking someone half his age to be cast.

I like Cumberbatch the most of those three names.

Same here, I’m not liking Leto at all for the role, despite his age, he just looks too young, Cumberbatch on the other hand could be perfect.

Doctor Strange and Namor were my two favorite superheroes growing up so to at least see one of them get movie treatment has me beyond excited.

Cumberbatch plays a really good "smartest guy in the room" type of character while still maintaining a strong physical presence (unlike say, Jesse Eisenberg who is also a good smart guy but is just a little twerp.)

I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before Cumberbatch appears in a cbm.

Thank God Fox scooped up Channing Tatum before he had an opportunity to tarnish the MCU. :lol

Cumberbatch plays a really good "smartest guy in the room" type of character while still maintaining a strong physical presence (unlike say, Jesse Eisenberg who is also a good smart guy but is just a little twerp.)

I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before Cumberbatch appears in a cbm.

Thank God Fox scooped up Channing Tatum before he had an opportunity to tarnish the MCU. :lol

Evans retires to directing full time, Channing Tatum chosen as next Captain America, Khev jumps off roof of skyscraper...tune in at 10 for the full story. :lol

Wasn't he originally being considered for Cap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evans retires to directing full time, Channing Tatum chosen as next Captain America, Khev jumps off roof of skyscraper...tune in at 10 for the full story. :lol

Ha ha, you'd think but no, as painful as it will be to watch a crappy Cap movie some day (and you know it's only a matter of time) I think I'll be good always falling back on TFA, TWS, and to a lesser extent The Avengers. I think Evans will always be the Reeve/Keaton version of Captain America, where no matter how bad things might one day get we'll always have this awesome foundation.

Hardy wouldn't be bad, but I really hope it goes to Leto since he hasn't been in a DC comic film. :lol

I hate when they recycle the actors like there aren't enough actors to play different roles.

As long as they get the right person for the character I don't care how many comic book films they've been in previously. I'm glad Chris Evans got "recycled" into Captain America.

Tom Hardy? What? Why do people think he'd be decent? That'd be like saying Mark Wahlberg would be a good Dr. Strange.

While I don’t think Hardy is appropriate for the role, he has proven that he can transform himself into the characters he plays, so I wouldn’t count him out, he’s also a much better actor than Mark Wahlberg.

I really wish Marvel was still interested in Viggo Mortensen, he would have been perfect.

Back